Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle Competition

Options
  • 02-10-2014 3:08pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15302MNSCI Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle Comp. picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15304

The MNSCI (Midlands) are pleased to announce a Bullseye 360 and Rifle competition for pistol and rifle shooters of all types on Saturday 11th October 2014. This includes any sights, action, caliber, etc. As a Bullseye and Match comp there is no rests or supports of any type. This includes slings, rests, bags, bipods, sticks, etc. Nothing.

The shoots will be broken up into a four different disciplines. They are:
    • Centrefire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rimfire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rifle, Short Course
    • Rifle Long Course

You may enter as many as you like, as often as you like. This is an open competition meaning all are welcome. There are no restrictions on the caliber or type of gun you use. Details of the shoots are as follows:

Bullseye 360 Pistol. Centrefire & Rimfire.

Centrefire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |

Rimfire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |

Rifle. Short & Long Course.

Rifle - Short Course - Centrefire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Sitting/Kneeling, unrested
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |

Rifle - Short Course - Rimfire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |

Rifle - Long Course - Centrefire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    100 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    60 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |

Rifle - Long Course - Rimfire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    100 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    |
    4 mins
    |
    60 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |

As said above this is an Open Competition for members and non members alike. Anyone entering must bring current licenses for all firearms being used and appropriate insurance cards/details. You may enter as many or as few comps as you like, and re-entries will be available. Prices are being worked out and will be updated within the next couple off days. All Centrefire Pistol matches will be shot with 6 rounds per mag, and 2 mags per 12 round match. All Rimfire Pistol matches will be shot with 5 rounds per match, and 2 mags per 10 round match. The total round count for each discipline is as follows:

Discipline
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Bullseye C/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Bullseye R/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Rifle C/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Rifle R/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Rifle C/F Long Course
    |
    |
    Rifle R/F Long Course
    |
    |
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

I wish I knew about this earlier I could have made it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Unfortunately the date was only finalised this morning so the notice went up as soon as it was made definite.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

Would love to try this, never shot Bullseye before. Do shooters wear the bondage jackets or is that disallowed ? also for the prone section, i suppose you'd need to bring your own shooting mat ?

Cass wrote: »
    Unfortunately the date was only finalised this morning so the notice went up as soon as it was made definite.

Murphys law - 5 mins after finishing my schedule for next week it goes up.
    I know your on the ball with these Cass!

Lemon3 wrote: »
    Would love to try this, never shot Bullseye before. Do shooters wear the bondage jackets or is that disallowed ?
    If you are thinking of these Jackets:

schietjas.jpg

Then no. They are Olympic jackets and not required for Bullseye shoooting.
    also for the prone section, i suppose you'd need to bring your own shooting mat ?
    If it's dry you won't need a mat, but if you want to bring a mat then go ahead, but none are supplied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you are thinking of these Jackets:
    schietjas.jpg
    Then no. They are Olympic jackets and not required for Bullseye shoooting.

They're also only used for ISSF rifle shooting and can't be used in ISSF pistol at all - we just stand there and shoot like everyone else for pistol, whether it's for air or smallbore:

AprilAirOpen13E.jpg

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leavingcertgal

Seen the last couple of pistol matches in the Bullseye 360, it's good to see the rifle section of the Bullseye 360 starting up.

Would a man be at a big disadvantage with a 10/22 in the .22 rifle ?

Absolutely not.

The Ruger would be more than adequate for any of the short range comps, and even worth using for a bash at the long range one. It's only a 100 yards for the longest comp. Well within the rifle's ability to hit. The times allowed for each course give you enough time to steady and aim so don't be rushed. Too many times people think they have less time than they do and end up firing quickly.

With the semi auto you can hold a good fixed position and not have to worry about cycling the bolt so may give a slight edge, but as said you have enough time so give it a lash.

Whats the latest time you can arrive and participate?

• Advertisement

Depends on turnout.

Usually the lads allow people to enter for as long as the comp goes on. Also as there are re-entries it can go on for some time. So unlike some shoots where there is a cut off point/time this will go for as long as people want to shoot it.

Sadly, i won't make it this time, work is getting in the way of my fun, as usual. Cass, do you think there will be another similar event before Xmas ? I definitely get to the next one.

That's the plan anyway.

The last one was smaller so with the inclusion of the 100 yard shoot we're expecting it to attract all types of shooters. There are plans to hold a few each year, but as always it's down to the availability of the ranges. This type of comp takes up between 3 to 4 of the ranges so trying to get a weekend where none of these are used is hard enough.

However as they come up i'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

1jay1 wrote: »
    Whats the latest time you can arrive and participate?

The Bullseye 360 Pistol Comp usually starts at 10.30am with the Bullseye 360 Rifle Short Course starting a little later at approx 12.00 - 12.30.

Once the comp is on going, you can participate.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

Cass any prices for the comp. ???

And the targets that will be used?

Apologies for the late notice. I truly believed i'd stuck this up the other day.

The prices are:

Discipline
    |
    Members
    |
    Non Members
    |
    Pistol Comp |
    €10
    |
    €15
    |
    Rifle Comp |
    €10
    |
    €15
    |
    Two Comps |
    €15
    |
    €25
    |

Apologies again lads, my bad.

Final reminder for tomorrow lads.

Make sure anyone attending has:
    • Licenses
    • Insurance card
    • Ear defenders/plugs
    • Gun
    • Bolts
    • Ammo
    • Any necessary accessories such as breach flag, mat, etc.

Good day out today at this Bulls eye comp. Cheers to all for their time.
    And it helps when you get a second place medal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

clivej wrote: »
    Good day out today at this Bulls eye comp. Cheers to all for their time.
    And it helps when you get a second place medal :)

Nice to meet you there as you know I could only manage a 3rd place myself

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭badaj0z

Has anyone got any results from the 6 competitions?

• Advertisement

badaj0z wrote: »
    Has anyone got any results from the 6 competitions?

Results not post up. Only sent out to those that submitted emails and wanted their results

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭badaj0z

Who do I submit my email to Clive?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭mrbrianj

Hi Cass,
    Any plans to run this competition again?

I'm just waiting on getting the results myself (been busy IRL so haven't gotten around to it yet) and when i do i'll post/send them to whomever wants them.

As for running the comp again. The interest was high and turnout was good so another comp is definitely on the cards. When that will be is not known yet as the MNSCI hosts a number of comps from many organisations so trying to "squeeze" in some free time, as we need three ranges to run them all, can be tricky. However it will not go on for months on end, and as soon as we can get a free weekend we'll have another one, without a doubt.

I'm just waiting on getting the results myself (been busy IRL so haven't gotten around to it yet) and when i do i'll post/send them to whomever wants them.

As for running the comp again. The interest was high and turnout was good so another comp is definitely on the cards. When that will be is not known yet as the MNSCI hosts a number of comps from many organisations so trying to "squeeze" in some free time, as we need three ranges to run them all, can be tricky. However it will not go on for months on end, and as soon as we can get a free weekend we'll have another one, without a doubt.

I was told results would be sent out to your email only, not too sure if that's all the results or only my own.

Christy was saying they are hoping to run another one next month.

clivej wrote: »
    I was told results would be sent out to your email only, not too sure if that's all the results or only my own.
    I've contacted the lads, and they are busy with real life stuff so said they would get them to me asap. IF lads are not comfortable with having their names up i'll hold onto the results and PM them to anyone that wants them. The response will be quicker than e-mailing the lads as i know they are dealing with issues outside of Boards.
    Christy was saying they are hoping to run another one next month.
    I haven't spoken to him since Saturday so that is good news.

I've no problem with my name going up. Would have if I'd shot sh!te

Got to shoot my 10/22 since getting the new Dlask receiver fitted.
    Completely customised, all Ruger parts replaced now.

FullycustomisedKidd10-2202_zps4ebc01c2.jpg

So just off the phone and a preliminary date of November 8th has been set for the next shoot. I'm awaiting confirmation on this over the next few days, but i'm throwing it out there to give as much notice as possible.

I'll start a new thread when the date is finalised, but all indications are it'll be the same format, prices, details, etc. The only difference is the times per detail will be adjusted.

More as i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ak51535

I would be very interested in the next comp, probably a daft question but just to clarify for the centerfire rifle long course is a .223 allowed? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

.223 no problem. any centerfire caliber

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement