Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature Student interviews?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

Does anyone have any info about start dates for courses, or when will that info will be sent out?

I rang yesterday and got the general dates for the year - courses start 11 sept and wrap up 29th May. There may be something like an induction week before the start. No idea when the specifics come out - cao first round is next monday so may be a while after that, so they know who to post to.

scoob70 wrote: »
    Hey don't sweat it Reader - you'll love yr course and everything will just fall into place for u. I'm 40 years old and did a FETAC 5 last year at a school of all places and I was dreading it after years of working full time in the civil service and in various other jobs. I loved it and met some lovely people on my course of all ages and I'm still in touch with some of them now. I can't wait to start this next course so I can progress to a level 8 eventually and a complete change of direction in my working life. I hope the finance side of it gets sorted for you as I know it can be a worry and put a damper on the whole thing. Fingers crossed for u.;)
    For some reason, I have only seen this now. Applications are in so hopefully it will go ok - I understand that a person from the EU would have to pay the It over €14000 per year if it was unaided. Thanks for the good wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thought this timetable LINK would be handy to put up. I could have done with it last year when I started.

First years mostly start in the week of 3rd Sept, rest return week of 10th.

BTW our timetable was all over the place at the start of last year. The same might happen again and all subjects might not be up yet (I’m still waiting for maths to go up on mine :( )

There is a week off at Halloween and exams for first semester start hopefully the 7th and not 3rd of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Can you check your link, it's not opening for me

Can you check your link, it's not opening for me
    Worked for me - if you go to sligoit.ie and search for modules timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

i wouldn't go by timetable yet, it will surely change. if you look at the academic calender under students link it shows a general timetable for the year. it includes examinations and by the looks of it the semester one exams start on 3rd January. there is also construction work going on now which will cause disruption. this also means there will be less car parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://timetables.itsligo.ie:81/studentset.htm

It is probably better to use this link as you can view the full timetable for your class rather than the module timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭T-Bird

dingding wrote: »
    http://timetables.itsligo.ie:81/studentset.htm

It is probably better to use this link as you can view the full timetable for your class rather than the module timetable.

Sorry my mistake, I meant to post link for student groups not modules.

I just posted links mostly to give idea of what the days pan out like. They had new people doing the timetable last year and it changed several times over the first 5 weeks or so. Hopefully this year is not as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I got my registration documents in the post this morning, I think there is still information to be posted about inductions for the different courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adrian friel

does anyone or is anyone applying for a course in occupational health and safety in the Sligo IT for 2014 year ? do you know wen the interviews are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

If you email admission at itsligo.ie they might be able to advise.

Advertisement