Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADHD

• 24-05-2014 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

My child has ADHD. Has been on medication for the last number of years.didnt have to pay for prescription as all child psychiatric prescriptions are free. He turned 16 last month and now have to pay over €100 each month!
    I am baffled by this. I have a doctors only medical card,applied for long term illness book and was refused. The child just happened to have a birthday. He attends the same dr at the same clinic, has the same diagnosis and there will not be any change in anything related for at least the next 2years.
    Where is the logic in this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭chewed

There is no logic! I would understand maybe stopping it at age 18, but 16 is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cry boy cry

I have been paying for Meds for years now well before 16.

Yet another failure of support for vulnerable kids in society, If you can't afford meds chances are that these kids will get into trouble in classroom with behaviour associated with their disability.

Have you applied for a disability allowance for your child, they can apply for it in their own name once aged 16 as the DCA allowance ceases once they hit 16. May help.

Also see earlier post today re tax credits etc.

Advertisement