Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

!! Irish / Gaeilge HL ... predictions, guesses, discussion ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jgirl18

Hi guys, anybody know if you need to be able to talk about the troubles in the north in general for Gnathrud or just keep it to what's happening in the ghearsceil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

jgirl18 wrote: »
    Hi guys, anybody know if you need to be able to talk about the troubles in the north in general for Gnathrud or just keep it to what's happening in the ghearsceil.

Keep it to the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

jgirl18 wrote: »

It depends on the question. I remember one year it was about the title, and you were expected to talk about both how Jimmy's routine is the usual thing for him, but also how random sectarian murders were the usual thing in Belfast at the time. You might get away with just talking about the story, but I doubt it'd get you the A.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on answering the Question 6s on the comprehensions? So stuck! Thank you ðŸ‘

Lookup loads of past questions and make a list of all the possible types of words they can ask you. Then check the marking scheme so you have an example or two of each type of word and learn that list. In the exam all you'll have to do is look for words that are similar to the ones you learned. That's what I do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

Magnate wrote: »
    It depends on the question. I remember one year it was about the title, and you were expected to talk about both how Jimmy's routine is the usual thing for him, but also how random sectarian murders were the usual thing in Belfast at the time. You might get away with just talking about the story, but I doubt it'd get you the A.

i would moreso think you should not go into it too much, stick with the story but mention little bits about it "seicteach atá ann mar ní raibh Jimmy pairteach go plolatiúil. Tá fhios orainn gur gnáthimeacht é sin sa threimhse sin. Cruthaítear atmaisfear comhthíoch, pictiúr sceirdiúil de shaol na cathrach le linn the threimhse sin.

Is é teama an fhoréigean an teama is laidre sa scéal seo. Is teama uilíoch é sa chúis go bhfaighimid léiriú ar fhoréigean na cathracht, áit a marítear daoine soineanta go fánach, gan cúis ar bith"

stuff like that, i wouldnt go on about, oh the troubles started this year, this even happened which further escalated the roubles, then bloody sunday etc, i would go more than one point off e.g dont make a point of a point about the story regarding troubles in the north.

Questions: Dánta breise - do we need to know life of the poet? is that a possible question or is it only for filíocht ainmhithe?

• Advertisement

RoRo979 wrote: »
    i would moreso think you should not go into it too much, stick with the story but mention little bits about it "seicteach atá ann mar ní raibh Jimmy pairteach go plolatiúil. Tá fhios orainn gur gnáthimeacht é sin sa threimhse sin. Cruthaítear atmaisfear comhthíoch, pictiúr sceirdiúil de shaol na cathrach le linn the threimhse sin.

Is é teama an fhoréigean an teama is laidre sa scéal seo. Is teama uilíoch é sa chúis go bhfaighimid léiriú ar fhoréigean na cathracht, áit a marítear daoine soineanta go fánach, gan cúis ar bith"

stuff like that, i wouldnt go on about, oh the troubles started this year, this even happened which further escalated the roubles, then bloody sunday etc, i would go more than one point off e.g dont make a point of a point about the story regarding troubles in the north.

Questions: Dánta breise - do we need to know life of the poet? is that a possible question or is it only for filíocht ainmhithe?

Ah yeah that's what I meant, obviously don't go into detail about the troubles but make reference to it at least. I don't do dánta breise so don't have a clue :/

No I don't do that question either. Thanks guys. There's not many questions then really that they can ask on Gnathrud from what I can see. Think I'm going to study caca milis, gnathrud and maybe Hurlamboc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭ Esther Sour Nose

In my notes, my teacher has used both "an t-ainmhí" and "an ainmhí" - which one is right?

(also, I am debating whether to devote an hour a day to the other prose/poetry. That predictability report has got me thinking they're gonna throw a question in on one of the texts that has already appeared.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Katezz

What is the chance of spailpin fanach or dis coming up this year?
    Struggling to get them all studied 😕

In my notes, my teacher has used both "an t-ainmhí" and "an ainmhí" - which one is right?

(also, I am debating whether to devote an hour a day to the other prose/poetry. That predictability report has got me thinking they're gonna throw a question in on one of the texts that has already appeared.)

They are both right it depends on the context. Tá an t-ainmhí --- íomha an ainmhí ---- im personally leaving dis and spailpín fully out, done a tiny bit on the 2012/2013 poetry + prose, too much work

• Advertisement

Yea I'm leaving them out too. I went to an oral course because I'm repeating my Irish to do teaching and the teacher (albeit talking in fast Irish) circled caca millis cause he was explaining the structure of course to me. I was also told by someone we wouldn't get asked Lasire Choile cause it's just too long. I hope I'm ok to leave it out. It's ridiculous studying so much for questions you're not even expected to write pages and pages on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rionakearney

Does anyone know where I can get an essay on Accidents/Violence? (due to recent airplane crashes, terrorism, war)

..One that will get a good grade yet achievable to learn off in 2days?

I'm only doing Fadhbanna, Taisteal, Chuinsi Eacnamaiochta & Coras Oideachas so I'm pretty worried..

Thanks!!

Does anyone know where I can get an essay on Accidents/Violence? (due to recent airplane crashes, terrorism, war)

I'm only doing Fadhbanna, Taisteal, Chuinsi Eacnamaiochta & Coras Oideachas so I'm pretty worried..

Thanks!!

tried uploading but file too big, have one on sceimhlitheoreacht/cogadh. PM your email and ill send it.

Anyone have a sample answer for caoineadh Airt Ui Laoighire? So many different translations and lack of strong answers is making it impossible to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Thanks!!

can't you link in the topics you do know? alot of LC is being able to manipulate!
    fadbhanna - drugs causes accidents, drink-driving
    travelling - to the sea for example - drownings
    economic crisis -
    coras oideachais-
    etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rionakearney

Peg14 wrote: »
    can't you link in the topics you do know? alot of LC is being able to manipulate!
    fadbhanna - drugs causes accidents, drink-driving
    travelling - to the sea for example - drownings
    economic crisis -
    coras oideachais-
    etc

Yeah, I have that prepared, I just want one essay on violence to do with war, terrorism & airplane crashes etc as it was topical when the papers were written :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CallumM

Can examiners really mark down a class if they have rote learned essays I am learning 4 Conspoid na dtailli Uisce , An Coras oideachais Coras Sláinte and Easpa Didine agus bochtanas. Everyone in my class have been given these essays and then some, is an examiner really likely to mark down a class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I don't think they can do that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DaveMc90

Would you be safe knowing essays on :

Timpeallacht
    coiriulacht
    bochtanas
    spoirt
    coras slainte

Or should i do more?

I'd do one on Social media too. Would bochtonas come up if it was up last year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭ Esther Sour Nose

I have:

Córas Oideachais
    Seandaoine
    Daoine Gan Dídean
    Tionchar An Idirlín
    Mean Cumarsáide
    Fadbhanna Na N-Óg

Hopefully I'll be covered with them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 morclc

Does anyone have notes or a sample essay on daoine gan dídean or taillí uisce??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Almen11

Guys does anyone have a sample essay on Mean cumarsaide and coras oideachais that they wouldn't mind sending me? I'm seriously stuck here, panic levels are getting higher too :(

I understand stress is getting to people so I would like to help, I have essays on
    1) educational system
    2) homelessness
    3) war and terrorism
    4) old people
    5) environment
    6) media/new technology

with a long enough paragraph done on
    1) health system
    2) water charges

I have introductions/closing for:
    1) Debate
    2) Talk

If anyone is in need of them just pm your email and what you want. Please dont do it for the sake of it as I am also tight for time like you all. Most of them I will type and send however one/two may be pictures.
    I ask in return if people could send me any sample answers they have on caoineadh airt ui laoghire. Mainly:
    1) very strong 20 mark main theme of the poem
    2) minigh na línte
    3) meadareacht

thank you everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

What are people covering for caca milis? Like only the characters or film techniques too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Grange10

Hi RoRo979

Thanks for your kind offer of Irish material, I am looking for an essay on Táillí usice and one on old people but as I only joined today I am unable to PM you :-(
    You have to have posted 25 posts before you have permission to PM!

Is there any way around it do you know?

Unfortunately I can't help you out with the material you are looking for as I am not covering it,

Thanks

Thanks RoRo, appreciate the offer,

May I suggest http://www.tinyupload.com/ instead of getting flooded with PMs and having to email different things to different people. It's free and there's no signup required, it might be easier for you. You could put all the photos into one word document and just upload that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vogue123

does anybody have an essay or points on technology or water charges in desperate need!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

d'oisin

Magnate wrote: »
    Thanks RoRo, appreciate the offer,

May I suggest http://www.tinyupload.com/ instead of getting flooded with PMs and having to email different things to different people. It's free and there's no signup required, it might be easier for you. You could put all the photos into one word document and just upload that. :)

your a hero, would of been a stressful time otherwise. Most are up on this that i have.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07874207598417325554
    Noire wrote: »
    What are people covering for caca milis? Like only the characters or film techniques too?

little bit done one each of the 2 characters, little bit of conflict between them, little bit on film techniques, bit on theme and thats it. Doesnt exceed 2 a4's all my notes for it

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for those notes :)

I don't study Caoineadh Airt Uí Laoghaire, but I found these online, don't know if they're any good to you.

Caoineadh Airt Uí Laoghaire
    Éibhlín Dhubh Ní Chonaill

An File: Rugadh Éibhlín Dhubh Ní Chonaill i gCiarraí timpeall
    na bliana 1745. Baintreach óg a bhí in Éibhlín nuair a
    bhuail sí le hArt Ó Laoghaire a bhí tar éis filleadh ón
    Mhór-Roinn, áit a raibh sé ina chaptaen in arm iasachta.
    Pósadh iad agus bhí triúr páistí acu. Níl a fhios againn
    cathain a fuair Éibhlín bás.

Culrá staire: Aimsir na bpéindlithe (1692 – c1793) a bhí ann agus ní
    raibh cead ag Caitlicigh capall ba mhó luach ná cúig phunt
    bheith acu. Dá mba capall ar luach ní ba mhó ná sin bhí
    sé de cheart ag Protastúnach ar bith an capall a cheannach
    ón Chaitliceach ar chúig phunt. Bhí capall breá ag Art Ó
    Laoghaire agus theastaigh ón Phrotastúnach, Abraham
    Morris é a cheannach uaidh ar chúig phunt. Dhiúltaigh
    Art ach tamall ina dhiaidh sin rinne saighdiúirí luíochán
    ar Art agus ar an 4ú lá Bealtaine 1774 mharaigh siad é.

Cineál dáin: Is caoineadh an dán seo ina dtugann an file eolas dúinn
    ar uaisleacht a fir chéile, ar an ghrá a bhí aici dó agus ar
    an gcaoi ar mharaigh saighdiúirí Gallda go fealltach é.

Ciútaí: Úsáideann an file a lán cleas fileata sa dán seo:

● athrá chun béim a chur le déine a crá croí, agus
    chun luas a chur le sruth smaointe an dáin;
    ● íomhánna neamhchoitianta láidre – cf. an dara véarsa;
    ● rithimí láidre bríomhara tríd síos;
    ● cur in iúl gonta, cumarsáid gan foclaíocht (verbosity):
    “Thugas léim go tairsigh, An dara léim go geata,
    An tríú léim ar do chapall…”

Mothúcháin: Brón, bród agus fearg atá sa dán seo:
    Tá brón ar Áine mar tá sí croíbhriste tar éis bhás a fir. Tá bród uirthi freisin as an sórt fir a bhí ann: fear geanúil, ábalta, gaisciúil ea ba é. Agus tá fearg uirthi freisin ó maraíodh a fear go fealltach.

Éifeacht: Is breá liom an dán mar is féidir ionannú le suíomh na mná
    is ritheann smaointe an dáin go rithimeach rialta tríd síos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement