Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Law or Arts

• 18-11-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Guys I'm a current 6th year student and I need advice, at the moment Im kind of torn between two courses either Law, the Maitrise or an Arts degree perhaps even BESS.
    I've always gravitated towards Law but the actual tedium of the course puts me off. Could someone enlighten me as to if the Law modules are incessantly boring and tedious or would I be better off doing an Arts degree until I decide fully what I want to do or play it safe with BESS. Any advice would be greatly aprricated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Law's not boring. Not if it's something that interests you, anyway. Every course has it's moments of tedium surrounding required reading and assignments, etc, so I wouldn't really let that be your deciding factor.

Also, there are courses that combine Law with Arts subjects. UL offers Law Plus (which is Law with two arts subjects, I believe). In Maynooth you can do Law and Arts. In Trinity and UCD there are combinations with business, politics, economics, etc.

A Law degree can be just as flexible as an Arts degree. You don't have to be a barrister or a solicitor when you're finished. You have the same options as many Arts graduates would.

Really not seeing where you're getting BESS in that mix, btw! It's nothing like Law or Arts. Nor is it 'playing it safe'.

Advertisement