Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

U Turn

• 25-08-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭

Right so I have my full test tomorrow at 3pm, I drive a Ducati Monster 620. Now it doesn't have a small turning radius even my instructor couldn't turn it on a 21ft road.

At what stage am I allowed put my foot down? Towards the end rather than hit the kerb and then walk it back an bit and ride it forward or what's the story?

Appreciate the help...plus I'm starting to get nervous now.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Towards the end rather than hit the kerb and then walk it back an bit and ride it forward

^^ Yes

And remember to do your lifesaver/shoulder checks.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mexihalo

did u pass????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i was told putting your foot down was a fail because it shows bad slow ride control :confused:. do you just get a blue mark instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

i was told putting your foot down was a fail because it shows bad slow ride control :confused:. do you just get a blue mark instead?

it'd be worse if you made a slight misjudgement and tried to continue causing you to bump into the kerb and fall over because of the foot down rule.

They removed that requirement when test centres moved routes to smaller quieter roads. Similar to the "turnabout" in the car which used to be the 3 point turn.

Having said that, I did mine in 1, but that was a bike with awesome lock. I wouldn't manage it at the same place on the SV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Thanks for the replies.

Made the U-turn OK but I failed the test, will pass it next time. Wasn't focussed enough this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Could you write more details please? What was the biggest mistakes?

Mope wrote: »
    Could you write more details please? What was the biggest mistakes?

2 Grade 3 mistakes, stupid mistakes not even really biker related mistakes.

First one I wasn't really listening to the tester when he said to take the third exit and when I copped I made a lane change that I shouldn't have. Second grade 2 was turning right when the tester deemed it wasn't safe to do so, you could argue the point but you're better off being a little bit more cautious with the test.

Everything else was pretty much OK. If you're doing your test soon make sure that you learn your "hand signals" they seem to come up a lot.

Tester was sound, they're there to pass you, not fail you; but if you make silly mistakes you'll do it by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Mope

Thanks.
    I am planning to get A license, that's why I am asking :)
    And I am not from Ireland, so it's even more interesting for me how things are done here :)
    Will need to read more threads about tests and DO's and DONT'S :)

Mope wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I am planning to get A license, that's why I am asking :)
    And I am not from Ireland, so it's even more interesting for me how things are done here :)
    Will need to read more threads about tests and DO's and DONT'S :)

You're welcome.

This page has been quoted by a few users and is very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

TheZohan wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

Made the U-turn OK but I failed the test, will pass it next time. Wasn't focussed enough this time around.

I can't believe he messed with The Zohan and failed you...doesn't he know who you are????

Joking aside, I think the biggest thing to remember is to drive confidently & safely. A lot of people get nervous on the test and end up making silly mistakes that they wouldn't usually make.

• Advertisement
Advertisement