Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place to do your driving test?

• 29-05-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey there,

I just sat my driving test in Raheny for the third time...and I failed..again....a little disheartened but I really want to get it down next time, just not in Raheny..ever.

Afterward, the tester said that basically all I need is some more practice, but its so difficult for me to at the moment because a, the cars at home arent suitable and b, insurance would cost A FORTUNE, which I dont have. So I want to ring RSA asap and try get a speedy cancellation, but Im not sure where to do it.

I got so desperate there a while ago that I was looking up where could I rent a car for a test in Ennis (huge pass rate), but Im kind of scared to...

Could anyone help with some advice on where could be best for me to do a test/tips for the test cause what I do obviously isnt working!!:(

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Speak to your instructor and review your fail sheet to see what areas you need work on. By the sounds of it, the examiner seemed to think that you were close to a passing level so with a bit of targeted practise you should be able to pass.

Looking at the pass percentages for other test centres is not the solution here, improving your driving and perhaps more practise is what is required. The advantages to continuing with Raheny is that you know the location, you know the junctions and this helps greatly. Suddenly finding yourself in Ennis, not knowing the locality is hardly going to improve things.

If your instructor is not helpful consider taking a lesson or 2 with another instructor in the area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have you considered Finglas?

About ten minutes drive from Raheny, so probably familiar to you and your instructor- and it has wider roads and less parked cars to maneouver. Plus, a bigger test centre with more staff where it's easier to get weekend and Saturday appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Meringue

Thanks guys :)

I rang RSA up looking to see if there was any cancellations before june 10 (conveniently my permit expires then) and there was none in Raheny, but there was one in Finglas so I took it!
    My also friend recommended an instructor that he was with, so I got a call thismorning about a lesson on Friday :) he also said to bring my test result emails so we can run through it and see where to go from there.

Looking promising! Hope it works.

Thanks for your help!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Meringue wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

I rang RSA up looking to see if there was any cancellations before june 10 (conveniently my permit expires then) and there was none in Raheny, but there was one in Finglas so I took it!
    My also friend recommended an instructor that he was with, so I got a call thismorning about a lesson on Friday :) he also said to bring my test result emails so we can run through it and see where to go from there.

Looking promising! Hope it works.

Thanks for your help!

Best of luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck with it, Meringue! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement