Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medicals and Training 2015

• 13-04-2015 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

So i herd they may be medicals soon for a new class , i really hope i get one .
    Who else is in the same boat ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    So i herd they may be medicals soon for a new class , i really hope i get one .
    Who else is in the same boat ?

I'm going to ring up tomorrow and chase up my BR form. Hope to make the class this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Mine is gone to get the yes or no on the exemption . Fingers crossed. Was told this can take some time to get back so not to hopeful for the next class if it's happening soon .

Mine is gone to get the yes or no on the exemption . Fingers crossed. Was told this can take some time to get back so not to hopeful for the next class if it's happening soon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

thesamster wrote:

I had to get an exemption in maths as well man, we should here back in the coming weeks ,it doesn't take long .

thesamster wrote: »

I don't think I have the grade In irish but I have English and Spanish so i don't think I need irish as long as I have English and a second language.

• Advertisement

Cedric87 wrote:
    I don't think I have the grade In irish but I have English and Spanish so i don't think I need irish as long as I have English and a second language.

How long u been in the process cedric87?

I had to get an exemption in maths as well man, we should here back in the coming weeks ,it doesn't take long .

I hope so it would be hard to wait another year . I thought it was a bit much when I heard it takes months on this one as well.

thesamster wrote:
    I hope so it would be hard to wait another year . I thought it was a bit much when I heard it takes months on this one as well.

Weeks at most ,trust me this one is not a long one , I found out of a good few od this over the past 2 years haha

Over 13 months for my BR form

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Over 13 months for my BR form

I'd say you'll be finished now . I think they are flying through what they have to get them out of the way .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

I didnt do Irish for state exams ( Junior and Leaving Cert ) and have Spanish also as I lived there when I was younger and didnt have a problem at all. The req is English and another language

rocky911 wrote: »
    I didnt do Irish for state exams ( Junior and Leaving Cert ) and have Spanish also as I lived there when I was younger and didnt have a problem at all. The req is English and another language

I hope so, I am going to ring on my lunch break and ask a few questions.

I hope so, I am going to ring on my lunch break and ask a few questions.

, I passed out 3 years ago so its legit. Im pretty sure they said that I was the " Spanish" national in the press release..not that AGS would do such a thing...

, I passed out 3 years ago so its legit. Im pretty sure they said that I was the " Spanish" national in the press release..not that AGS would do such a thing...

I have spanish as a junior cert subject and then I sat an exam for it before the leaving cert as part of a class called lcvp which I passed. I mentioned this in my application and pointed out I sat a spanish Exam as part of this class. So I hope that counts.

I have spanish as a junior cert subject and then I sat an exam for it before the leaving cert as part of a class called lcvp which I passed. I mentioned this in my application and pointed out I sat a spanish Exam as part of this class. So I hope that counts.

Have you Dept of Education exemption for Irish? AFAIK.. you sat an LCVP exam, not the actual Spanish Cirriculm exam.. ie you didnt do it as a subject as such.. I would double check that to be honest man

Have you Dept of Education exemption for Irish? AFAIK.. you sat an LCVP exam, not the actual Spanish Cirriculm exam.. ie you didnt do it as a subject as such.. I would double check that to be honest man

No I sat an irish exam but I can't remember my grade and ive misplaced my results. I only sat spanish for the junior certificate and as I said as part of an lcvp course. I'll just wait and see what happens if needs be I'll just go for the excemption if my BR forms clear.

Cedric87 wrote:
    No I sat an irish exam but I can't remember my grade and ive misplaced my results. I only sat spanish for the junior certificate and as I said as part of an lcvp course. I'll just wait and see what happens if needs be I'll just go for the excemption if my BR forms clear.

Cedric87 u have to apply for exemption from the very start , but I'd say if you rang up and just let them know they would help you out . :)

Cedric87 u have to apply for exemption from the very start , but I'd say if you rang up and just let them know they would help you out . :)[/quote

I was told it's done if need to be done once the BR forms are complete and that was by the hr

Rang today br complete educational exemption needed in irish. training class in June and September and I have a medical tomorrow morning

Rang today br complete educational exemption needed in irish. training class in June and September and I have a medical tomorrow morning

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Best of luck!

Thanks mate.

Good luck dude , hope it goes well :D

Good luck dude , hope it goes well :D

Have you had any luck I just rang and ku my enough there was a cancellation for tomorrow morning so he put me in. No time to get to the doctors to sign my medical form but apparently I can just send it on after the medical

Cedric87 wrote:
    Have you had any luck I just rang and ku my enough there was a cancellation for tomorrow morning so he put me in. No time to get to the doctors to sign my medical form but apparently I can just send it on after the medical

They just rang me saying medical tomorrow , Great stuff , were on the way now lads :D

They just rang me saying medical tomorrow , Great stuff , were on the way now lads :D

What time is your at ? I've mine at half 10

Cedric87 wrote:
    What time is your at ? I've mine at half 10

9:30 , might see u there man :)

9:30 , might see u there man :)

And you medical form you have to fill in for tomorrow will you be able to get it signed by a gp by tomorrow or will you send it on at a later date ?

Cedric87 wrote:
    And you medical form you have to fill in for tomorrow will you be able to get it signed by a gp by tomorrow or will you send it on at a later date ?

Going to send it on later , like they said it was OK to do that but to get it in asap.

Going to send it on later , like they said it was OK to do that but to get it in asap.

I hated writing out that educational exemption form I hate writing about myself and it's another worry now as to whether it will be accepted or not

• Advertisement

Cedric87 wrote:
    I hated writing out that educational exemption form I hate writing about myself and it's another worry now as to whether it will be accepted or not

If you have community/charity work done u should be fine man, all we can do is wait and see

Advertisement