Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,244 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Great to see Yvonne giving Bela a few home truths, I seem to remember he wasn't too bothered about Rita when he was doing the dirty deed with the blonde and the brunette years ago.

Was delighted she told everyone about Suzanne as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yvonne played a stormer last night, it was great to see her let rip and spill the beans on everyone.

So am I right in saying Ruth is Rachels sister, but also her cousin?

And WTF is Rita's Bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

"Seed and Breed!" - classic, I actually lol'd at something made by RTE for the first time in years :D

That's like something Arnold Schwarzenegger would say when offing a baddie in a cheesy 80's action flick (possibly by smothering him with a bag of lawn seed or something similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,696 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

stevieob wrote: »

So am I right in saying Ruth is Rachels sister, but also her cousin?
    Ruth and Rachel share the same father (Paul).

Their respective mothers were sisters (Helen RIP and Yvonne).

This would make them both half sisters and first cousins.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ruth and Rachel share the same father (Paul).

Their respective mothers were sisters (Helen RIP and Yvonne).

This would make them both half sisters and first cousins.

I think.

Ruth s mother is Yvonne

Rachael's mother is Helen (deceased)

Paul is both their dad

Niamh and Paul are raising Ruth (adopted I think)

• Advertisement

who is ben real mam and dad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Devildoll84

Dr Brendan Daly - Renee's son - in - law (Heather's husband) and his former secretary Deirdre (I can't remember her surname) who is Ken Fahy's (Dermish's brother) partner. Deirdre and Brendan had a one night stand and Ben was the result. Jo and Dermish adopted Ben illegally at first, but then the truth came out, and he had to resign from his political party. Eventually, the adoption was legalised. Deirdre and Ken are living in either New Zealand or Australia, Brendan and Heather are in Brazil.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Ah it was BRILLIANT last night! Ciara O'Callaghan was fantastic.

I loved how they played Louise's return - had a family death last year and you would be surprised how people behave, I witnessed some very, very similar behaviour from a girl who had lost one of her parents (out on the rip, main concern on day of funeral was her shoes), I think they're just trying to show how Louise has been away for so long that really, that prat of a boyfriend is her real family now & she's not going to go against what he wants.

Cannot STAND Suzanne.

Only flaw in the episode was Blackie hopping up off the stool and leaving a good 3/4 of a Pint to grab dirtbird Judith's gloved hand.

Not looking forward to Caoimhe's reaction to the whole "Mum's doing our Uncle" fallout when it happens. Dear god, imagine the lip curling.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

tajd wrote: »

He is the result of a one-night stand between Myra Hindley and Satan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

He is the result of a one-night stand between Myra Hindley and Satan.

Just remember we are talking about a child here folks ...someone's child .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

sffc wrote: »

Just remember we are talking about a child here folks ...someone's child .

And the child is only doing as script asks him
    Attack the script not the child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Just caught up with last nights episode. Best one in donkey's years. Can't wait for tonights one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 averageperson

Lisha wrote: »

And the child is only doing as script asks him
    Attack the script not the child

Just so we are clear on this - I have not attacked the child, I just happen to hold the opinion that the character is annoying.
    Very, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

The menage a trois is so ridiculous its cringe making.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'm enjoying this new fair city that doesn't make sense...nothing makes any sense and it's great...grieving yvonne is sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Bad bob

LB6 wrote: »
    Just caught up with last nights episode. Best one in donkey's years. Can't wait for tonights one.
    Have they changed director or was it the writing, cos I have to agree it was pretty good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The actress who plays Yvonne could hold her own in any of the English soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

What we need now is for Lucy to come back and hide in the coffin (she can dump Rita's body in the park).

Roll on the funeral when Bela's on the alter giving the eulogy and the coffin lid opens up to reveal Lucy Dressed as Dolores, with a new Dolores style haircut shouting "Seed and Breed, Seed and Breed" as she runs down the Church aisle looking for her mammy!

Temaz wrote: »
    The actress who plays Yvonne could hold her own in any of the English soaps.

She'd get found out in Europe though...

(I probably spend too much time posting in football threads)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Cartman78 wrote: »
    She'd get found out in Europe though...

(I probably spend too much time posting in football threads)

Could she do it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

Temaz wrote: »

Could she do it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke:cool:

With me? Yes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Credit where its due. Last nights episode was excellent, brilliant acting by Ciara O'Callaghan and a great script.

But the whole cuckold thing with Judith/Luke/Tommy is nearly impossible to watch its so cringy and makes me feel a bit dirty - and not in a good way :( Please put an end to it soon!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

Whoever wrote last night's script should write more of them. It was the best script/episode in AGES. The acting was (mostly) all good. Even Bella managed to emote to a degree moreso than looking like he needs a ****e.

Ciara O' Callaghan was excellent. I'd like to see her in something like Love/Hate to see what she can really do. (If she had better actors to bounce off, I think she could be even better again than she was last night.)

The whole thing with Blackie and Judith is completely absurd but I do wonder where that storyline is going.

The one thing I find hilarious is the use of the word 'kid' or 'child' in FC. Bella described Rachel as a child and she must be sixteen by now. And as for the Dillon 'kids'...

Looking forward to tonight's episode. It's been a while since I've actually looked forward to an episode of Fair City. (Since Suzanne battered Damien, I think.) Last night was soap at its best: straight-forward family-driven drama!

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    ....straight-forward family-driven drama[!

There's nothing straight-forward about a fella encouraging his wife to have an affair with his brother :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Ciara O' Callaghan was excellent. I'd like to see her in something like Love/Hate to see what she can really do. (If she had better actors to bounce off, I think she could be even better again than she was last night.)

Well said. If she's capable of that. She's capable of more. As we've discovered, she's lost now in FC

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Last night's episode was pretty fantastic! Yvonne's acting was probably the best I've ever seen on FC! And dear god, let Judith just go off with Luke, and leave Tommy. This bed-sharing is icky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Darren and Neasa go out for a drink next week :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

I'd love to know what sexual position Luke and Judith are doing. Also - is it unprotected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

Geri Male wrote: »
    I'd love to know what sexual position Luke and Judith are doing. Also - is it unprotected?

TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I am trying to enjoy a cup of tea and a muffin at the moment!

This post should come with a warning. It is likely to cause nightmares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement