Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nail in tyre

Options
  • 01-10-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I got a nail in my back tyre and got it plugged, how long should I wait till I get a new tyre.

Thanks

Snickers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Till ya need a new tyre. I plugged my tyre a few weeks back and there is no way Im gonna fork out for a new one until there is no thread left on the tyre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snickers777

sound man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

im lovely sure.

When I had the bandit I had that temporary foam crap in the back wheel for almost a year he he he. Was'nt supposed to go over 50kmph on bike with that crap in wheel. I was bold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 joemccarthy6

I wouldn"t worry too much about a plug in the back wheel but i would never plug a front wheel. I used to deal in tyres for 14 years. Worked for Advance Tyre Company. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dark-Mavis

Had to plug my tyre when it was just on a few weeks, still grand 4 months later.

Think it's sound to plug tyres as long as the side wall is'nt damaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Had a plug in the rear wheel on the bandit for over a year with no problem. Only after a year did it start to leak air, but only down to 15 psi so I was forced to get a new tyre.

Advertisement