Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

125 Bike on A1 licence??

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Im 16 and I have an A1 licence, I have an Aprilia Rs50:D but I was wondering if I would be able to drive a Honda NSR 125 on my licence? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

this would be better in the motorbike section but as far as i know, max for a 16 year old is 50cc. after 17 you can go up to 125cc/33bhp.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A1 = Motorcycles up to 11kW and up to 125cc with or without a sidecar
    Does the NSR 125 exceed 125cc?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

this would be better in the motorbike section but as far as i know, max for a 16 year old is 50cc. after 17 you can go up to 125cc/33bhp.
    moved!
    Also up to 125 can be used whilst 16
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/motoring-1/driver-licensing/categories_of_motor_vehicles_and_minimum_age_of_drivers_in_ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

I'd stay on the 50 for the year, then get your A licence when you're 17 with 1 years NCB and then move onto something bigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

KamiKazi wrote: »
    I'd stay on the 50 for the year, then get your A licence when you're 17 with 1 years NCB and then move onto something bigger

+1

tbh i wouldnt even look at going from a Rs50 to a nsr :rolleyes:

the Rs is a sweet machine.. at least get another rs 125.. 250 is prob dreaming..
    a nice cheap alternative insurance wise and a animal to go (for a young fella) are zxr 250s :cool: hard to find a clean one thou..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

An NSR125 is over the power limit for an A1 licence. I think you can get restricted ones, these tend to be 03 and newer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you can ride an rs125 on an a1 licence but the insurance would be painfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

you can ride an rs125 on an a1 licence but the insurance would be painfull.

Its over the power limit for an A1 licence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Its over the power limit for an A1 licence

is the A1 not up to 33hp? i might be getting mixed up between A and A1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

is the A1 not up to 33hp? i might be getting mixed up between A and A1

No A1 is 11kW or 14.5BHP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SpinIt

jwcpfc wrote: »
    Im 16 and I have an A1 licence, I have an Aprilia Rs50:D but I was wondering if I would be able to drive a Honda NSR 125 on my licence? Thanks

By any chance do you have curley hair?

Advertisement