Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what are the chances of a coop de force in ireland by the end of this year

Options
  • 21-11-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

what with the imf in Ireland and the government refusing to got to the electorate . Will the public orginsise a coup d'état to sort out this mess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I wouldn't think so. Talk is cheap. Generally as a nation all we do is talk and when it comes to action not a sinner to be seen...generally.

By the way even if there was a general election before year end I sincerely wonder what the outcome would be. Remember that public sentiment towards Fianna Fail was pretty low at the last general election and they were still able to form a government with the Greens. When it comes to it the many numb skulls among us may vote in the same government again...nothing would suprise me too much anymore. Its a lot to do with the backward parochial and you scratch my back, I scratch yours style of politics people are so fond of here I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Kingdom_of _oriel

I think the chances would be slim to none. However if Ireland was faced with a situation where by the current Government refused to stand down after elections and hand over power then things might be different. The Irish people, members of the defence forces included are extremely angry with the current situation facing Ireland but they still have loyality to the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

I think the chances would be slim to none. However if Ireland was faced with a situation where by the current Government refused to stand down after elections and hand over power then things might be different. The Irish people, members of the defence forces included are extremely angry with the current situation facing Ireland but they still have loyality to the state.

Exactly. To the state, not the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Kingdom_of _oriel

ddef wrote: »
    Exactly. To the state, not the government.

Army Officers junior and senior wouldn't have the brass b*lls to stage one and besides if Ireland ever had a coup, especially one at this current time, then you could wave bye bye fully to the credibility of Ireland as a nation. Ireland needs political stability, no right thinking Army Officer would be foolish enough to undermine this and besides if they cannot act on minor things that affect the defence forces, how does anyone expect them to overthrow the Government..!

Advertisement