Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Printer (home office)

• 27-11-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a replacement printer for my home office. Budget up to €250, but ideally less than half that. USB colour inkjet single function will do the job, laser or multi-function would be nice but not essential. Any deals going or upcoming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have a wireless Brother A3 model myself and even though its about 6 years old its flying and thats with using compatible ink most of the time. So I can recommend the Brother models.

Where to get a good deal? Well today is a damned good day for looking but unfortunately I dont have anything in mind but Argos and Amazon are good places to look and maybe Currys/PC World. If you were passing a Tesco store it might do no harm to pop in as they also run the odd offer on printers.

But if you weren't in a hurry Hunt Office Supplies do regular discounts on different printers. Sign up for their email and you could be alerted to a bargain in the near future.

Even a quick trawl through their web site now might show up something they have an offer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cheers, that's a second recommendation for Brother I've gotten recently. So I bought a Brother A3 model (MFC-J4420DW) in Hardly Normal for €149 :)

I had a good look for best price deals (including Hunt), but the in-store Black Friday price in HN was the best I saw anywhere including online so I decided to take advantage of it.

Kinda weird pricing, there were some lower spec printers with higher retail price tags, and the HN online price was lower than in-store for some too. Worth checking their online price if you're buying anything in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good to hear you got sorted. Never even considered HN for a printer as I always tend to associate the business with furniture although I did know they were selling tellies and tablets.

Advertisement