Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

FatRat wrote: »
    Roman Shirokov got 2 goals and an assist against Italy the last night. 1 to watch with Russia having an easy group. Also.... Malafeev looking more likely to take the Goalkeeper role for Russia. He's started both their past two friendlies ahead of Akinfeev.

Czech defender Kadlec on spot-kicks for them. Worth a look for a reasonably cheap defender.

Wesley Sneijder with a goal and assist. RVP with 2 goals and 2 assists. RVP looking more and more likely to be a must-have. While Sneijder, along with Mesut Ozil, are just too consistent to overlook with Ozil getting another assist the last night.

Good point. It's likely that Shirokov will start, Kadlec definite too, Sneijder a class act and definite starter. The Dutch starting XI will prob be much as started against NI tonight, Afellay got 2+1 this eve but may not start. RVP n Robben probably up front but who will be the 3rd? Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Simply put: If you only have 2 people playing on Day 1, no matter who they are, play them. And make one of them captain. If they fail, sub them and pick a new captain for day 2. Repeat until you get a score you don't think an upcoming player can beat.

carlcon wrote: »
    Simply put: If you only have 2 people playing on Day 1, no matter who they are, play them. And make one of them captain. If they fail, sub them and pick a new captain for day 2. Repeat until you get a score you don't think an upcoming player can beat.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Skippy44 wrote: »
    Roman Shirokov got 2 goals and an assist against Italy the last night. 1 to watch with Russia having an easy group. Also.... Malafeev looking more likely to take the Goalkeeper role for Russia. He's started both their past two friendlies ahead of Akinfeev.

Czech defender Kadlec on spot-kicks for them. Worth a look for a reasonably cheap defender.

Wesley Sneijder with a goal and assist. RVP with 2 goals and 2 assists. RVP looking more and more likely to be a must-have. While Sneijder, along with Mesut Ozil, are just too consistent to overlook with Ozil getting another assist the last night.

Good point. It's likely that Shirokov will start, Kadlec definite too, Sneijder a class act and definite starter. The Dutch starting XI will prob be much as started against NI tonight, Afellay got 2+1 this eve but may not start. RVP n Robben probably up front but who will be the 3rd? Any thoughts?

The team will be the starting 11 from tonight

I'm pretty sure

4-2-4 diamond. RVP up front Sneijder behind him, Robben to the right, Afellay to the left

Lads I have just set up a League on the Sky FF Euro website, it's worth entering as cash prizes (however unlikely!) are tasty. League name is Ciunas Bothar Cailin Bainne and pin is 8022347. may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. The more that enter, the better chance we have of the league prize.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

I'm pretty sure

4-2-4 diamond. RVP up front Sneijder behind him, Robben to the right, Afellay to the left

You think so Manual? No place for Dirk? Do you think the young lad pieters will start at LB?

manual_man wrote: »

I'm pretty sure

You think so Manual? No place for Dirk? Do you think the young lad pieters will start at LB?

No way Kuyt will start (barring injury). You can quote me on that

Lads I have just set up a League on the Sky FF Euro website, it's worth entering as cash prizes (however unlikely!) are tasty. League name is Ciunas Bothar Cailin Bainne and pin is 8022347. may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. The more that enter, the better chance we have of the league prize.
    http://fantasyfootballeuros.skysports.com/how-to-play/
    Here's the ink soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

kuyt is out of form and pieters isnt in the squad, hes injured! Bouma and Williems are fighting for LB

swoody wrote: »
    kuyt is out of form and pieters isnt in the squad, hes injured! Bouma and Williems are fighting for LB

My bad it was Willems that played tonight, looked good too. Bouma must be a fair age by now tho, commentator said LB spot was between him and Schaars but I thought Schaars was a midf?

• Advertisement

My bad it was Willems that played tonight, looked good too. Bouma must be a fair age by now tho, commentator said LB spot was between him and Schaars but I thought Schaars was a midf?
    yeah Schaara is a Left sided attacking midfielder and will fill in at LB if Bouma is needed to cover for Mathijsen whos injured atm. Willems is only new into the swuad so may not be trusted

yeah Schaara is a Left sided attacking midfielder and will fill in at LB if Bouma is needed to cover for Mathijsen whos injured atm. Willems is only new into the swuad so may not be trusted

I had heard that Wilf was injured too, not sure tho

"Gary Cahill has been ruled out of Euro 2012 with a double fracture of his jaw. Liverpool's Martin Kelly called up as his replacement"

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/209283679783092225

They're saying Terry is fine.

carlcon wrote: »
    "Gary Cahill has been ruled out of Euro 2012 with a double fracture of his jaw. Liverpool's Martin Kelly called up as his replacement"

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/209283679783092225

They're saying Terry is fine.
    LOL! Martin Kelly ahead of Micah Richards

LOL! Martin Kelly ahead of Micah Richards

Roy misses the Liverpool lads, apparently. 6 of them in the squad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Just after reading through the thread there. One thing I noticed is that a few people have Jelavic up-front. Just in-case some people aren't aware, he doesn't start for Croatia.

~BKC~

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mandžukić who is classified as a winger starts up front, doesn't he?

Trying to squeeze him into my team as my 5th midfielder but I'm struggling.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Mandžukić who is classified as a winger starts up front, doesn't he?

Yeah, Mandžukić is Croatia's main striker but is classified as a midfielder for this.

~BKC~

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

BKC wrote: »
    Just after reading through the thread there. One thing I noticed is that a few people have Jelavic up-front. Just in-case some people aren't aware, he doesn't start for Croatia.

~BKC~

This is what I was saying afew weeks back too only Bilic has said on record not too long ago that he'll probably start Jelavic against Ireland. But then again, he'll be up against Richard Dunne so he's not worth keeping.

As for Mandzukic fella, he's not really a danger-man for Croatia despite playing up front for them. You think of where Croatia get their goals and you think Modric, Krancjar, Olic, Eduardo and possibly Srna. He had 3 goals in 11 appearances for Croatia in the group stages which isn't bad, but I don't really fancy him. I think that those with Robben up front are mental.

EDIT: Olic has been ruled out for Croatia for Euro 2012. Good news for Ireland. It also means that Jelavic will more than likely start their games.

BKC wrote: »

~BKC~

This is what I was saying afew weeks back too only Bilic has said on record not too long ago that he'll probably start Jelavic against Ireland. But then again, he'll be up against Richard Dunne so he's not worth keeping.

As for Mandzukic fella, he's not really a danger-man for Croatia despite playing up front for them. You think of where Croatia get their goals and you think Modric, Krancjar, Olic, Eduardo and possibly Srna. He had 3 goals in 11 appearances for Croatia in the group stages which isn't bad, but I don't really fancy him. I think that those with Robben up front are mental.

EDIT: Olic has been ruled out for Croatia for Euro 2012. Good news for Ireland. It also means that Jelavic will more than likely start their games.

Woah, yeah. Just noticed that. Not sure how good it is for Ireland though i fear Jelavic. Sorry for the lad

• Advertisement

Just noticed Barzagli (probly Italy's best defender imo) has been ruled out of the group phase. Now this is good news for Ireland

I would much rather Ireland had to come up against Olic than Jelavic. I don't rate Olic and Jelavic is a man in form at the moment.

~BKC~

Has/Had Olic still got a bit of pace about him? While I'd have Jelavic in my team ahead of him, I saw Olic as the kind of little guy who our defence would struggle with. The bigger lads we can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

anyone see anything wrong with these 15? (any injuries i don't know about or anything :D )

1555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Couple of things there darego.

1. Im not sure how likely Pogrebnyak is to start for Russia. There's a fair bit of competition for places up front, so bear that in mind.

2. Your 3 outfield bench players should all be in your starting 11 (for matchday 1), ahead of players who play a day or 2 later than them (e.g. bench Dunne, Larsson & Olsson -> Pisz, Papa & Strin all starting). Then if any of Pisz/Papa/Strin get bad scores, you can sub them out for one of the 3 players yet to play (Dunne/Larsson/Olsson). If any of Pisz/Papa/String get good scores, then leave them in the team.

Porgrebnyak only started two games for Russia during the qualification campaign.

~BKC~

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

what do you all think of this team?

Given, Lindegaard

J. Olsson, Kadlec, Dunne, Zhirkov, Popadopa

Iniesta, Sneider, Nasri, Shirokov, polanski

Ronaldo, Ibra, T. Muller.

I'm thinking of rid of Ronaldo cus Portugal don't look that great, but on the other hand he is the only player bar Nani that could do something for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lindegaard has come out today and confirmed that Andersen is going to be Denmarks first choice keeper.

Jonas Olsson isn't a guaranteed starter for Sweden, he's not starting tonights final friendly.

I don't have Ronaldo in my team at the moment but am considering it now. Although his ownership rate puts me off a bit.

Would personally advocate having 2 fairly strong keepers, that rotate well with their group games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

beglee wrote: »
    Couple of things there darego.

1. Im not sure how likely Pogrebnyak is to start for Russia. There's a fair bit of competition for places up front, so bear that in mind.

2. Your 3 outfield bench players should all be in your starting 11 (for matchday 1), ahead of players who play a day or 2 later than them (e.g. bench Dunne, Larsson & Olsson -> Pisz, Papa & Strin all starting). Then if any of Pisz/Papa/Strin get bad scores, you can sub them out for one of the 3 players yet to play (Dunne/Larsson/Olsson). If any of Pisz/Papa/String get good scores, then leave them in the team.

cheers. switched pog with imbra and larsson with russias shirokov (couldn't find anyone better for 6mil)

Advertisement