Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how to pay on hardwareversand

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Pangea wrote: »
    Luckily I am getting it built by them, thanks to your suggestion.

Lol, the regulars here will kill me :p As a converting console gamer i still say ignorance and no white hairs is preferable :)

Keep us updated anyway, u might get a call in a day or two, otherwise an e-mail confirming payment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Monotype wrote: »
    Sounds like your townland should go in there then.
    Then you could have the town instead of street and Donegal instead of City.

If it's set up so that it has to be a number in there, just put a zero in and put both townland and town in the street box.

I ended up putting the townland and town under 'Street Name'
    and for the 'No' box I simply put a " - ".
    Thought It was more discreet than a 0. :D
    Came out fine on the shipping label that showed on the order page.

Who handles the hardwareversand order once it reaches Ireland, Do we have DHL in this country? I presume it wont be An Post seeing as a PC is a big delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Who handles the hardwareversand order once it reaches Ireland, Do we have DHL in this country? I presume it wont be An Post seeing as a PC is a big delivery.
    It is An Post.

It is An Post.

:eek: Don't know how they'll fit it in the wee van that delivers around here lol.
    Come to think of it I remember seeing plenty of DHL vans around, Its a wonder they dont carry the order over from Germany until its delivered..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

DHL is the name of the German national postal service.
    Very confusing, but the DHL hwvs use is the German equivalent of An Post and not the delivery service company we all think they are talking about.

That's why it's An Post that actually makes the delivery here :)

A little off topic, I put in an order for a friend of mine which I am going to build for him. So once I got the bank details I sent it on to him and very carefully explained he NEEDS to include the Intended Purpose section in the "Other info" or whatever it was called. He said ye no prob, that's grand but guess what!! He forgot to include the intended purpose. Talk about a nightmare :P
    I e-mailed hwvs so hopefully they will be able to match the payment to the order and all will be okay.
    And I swear my 'friend' isn't me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm confused about how to pay. I placed my order and I had to select something called Trusted Shops. I then received the attached email.

Where are the payment details?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

i didn't get that email when i ordered; can you copy and paste that email into google translate and post the english here? Like after you order you should get it in english, with an IBAN and bank transfer details.

Here's the translation
    Good day,

You have the Trusted Shops buyer protection purchased from hardwareversand.de and are protected against price losses on non-delivery or non-refund for goods returned within the statutory Returns right up to the agreed safety height, regardless of the selected payment method.

Warranty-No. TS2-4492118
    Available from: 27/02/12
    Response no later than: 03:04:12
    Warranty: 30 days
    Height to safeguard: EUR 500.00
    Online Shop: hardwareversand.de
    Order total: EUR 456.11
    Your username TS: bryan.collins99 @ gmail.com
    Here you can activate your new account and guarantee a password.

Please refer to the terms * of the Trusted Shops buyer protection. The settlement of this service is provided through the online store. You can always log into your account guarantee to view and edit your warranties.

Yours sincerely,
    Your Trusted Shops Service Team

* The conditions for the Trusted Shops buyer protection, which can be found as an attachment to this e-mail in PDF format will be considered. To view PDF files you can use the free Adobe Reader. The complete warranty conditions, you can always read and print.
    Trusted Shops GmbH, St. Subbelrather 15c, D-50823 Cologne, Tel: +49 (0) 221-77536-77 Fax: +49 (0) 221-77536-89, email: service@trustedshops.de, Web: http: / / www.trustedshops.de, HRB 32 735 District Court Cologne VAT Reg. DE 812 947 877 Managing Director: Jean-Marc Noel, Ulrich port Bradl, Thomas Karst.

I found documents on my profile with bank details (see attached). I can transfer money using Banking 365 but how will they know that the money transferred is for my order?

Actually just seen this post. Might explain things a bit better for you.
    Trusted Shops Kauferschutz is just a guarantee on your purchase. If something breaks within 30 days or whatever's labelled, they'll replace it. Of course, you need to pick the bracket your purchase fits in.

Anyway, just don't tick the box if you don't want it, you'll go straight to the next screen for payment.

• Advertisement

How much extra was the trusted option guarantee?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Sorry to jump in but has anyone used open24.ie to transfer funds, my transfer page has these details on it and I'm not sure what to enter. The question marks are the ones I'm not sure of.

It asks me what country are the funds being sent to - Germany

Pay money from - my own account

Personal message -?

Payee name - hardwareversand.de GmbH

Reference - ( this will appear on the payees account) ?

Bic number - should get this on the order email

Iban number - should get this on the order email

Then I save these details, I can then transfer the amount. That's all open24 ask, is this enough info ?

Thanks

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in but has anyone used open24.ie to transfer funds, my transfer page has these details on it and I'm not sure what to enter. The question marks are the ones I'm not sure of.

It asks me what country are the funds being sent to - Germany

Pay money from - my own account

Personal message -?

Payee name - hardwareversand.de GmbH

Reference - ( this will appear on the payees account) ?

Bic number - should get this on the order email

Iban number - should get this on the order email

Then I save these details, I can then transfer the amount. That's all open24 ask, is this enough info ?

Thanks
    Some of those details can be found on page 2 of this thread.

Seeing as Hardwareversand is very popular here, I reckon It would be good if there was a sticky thread on here explaining the payment procedure.
    Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Some of those details can be found on page 2 of this thread.

Seeing as Hardwareversand is very popular here, I reckon It would be good if there was a sticky thread on here explaining the payment procedure.
    Just a thought.

Yea I think I sticky is in order :) maybe something for each bank if possible ? re the details on the 2nd page, it's about boi details and open24 seems to require far less details, I'm just wondering what to put in the questions with the ? After them.

How much extra was the trusted option guarantee?

a euro

A euro!
    If I knew what it meant at the time I would of selected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yume

I have a question regarding the exchange rate... How does it work when you pay with bank transfer? I am in Sweden so I have swedeish kronars... Does anybody know who is deciding the exhange rate? The bank that I use here in Sweden? Or should I go, buy euro, and send them like that.... Is really confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yume

In case anyone has a simmilar question as I had few days ago (about the exhange rate thingy): the exchange rate is decided by the bank you use.. Is not the standard rate though.. I am not sure how it works but they use a different one for these kind of transactions. To be sure, in case you can't do it by internet, go at the bank and just ask the dude from the desk what is the exchange rate for the international transfers inside eu. You might add that the payment is done in Euro. Or even more straight foreword, ask him to tell you how much from your own currency (in my case SEK) is needed in order to pay X amount of Euro (the value of your order).

Particular little things that happend in my case and might help you (keep in mind, this was in Sweden):

1) They might ask you if you want to put an extra amount of money in case you need to pay the fee for the german bank. Answer no, since there is no such fee... They can't know this so that's why they might ask you... But just so you know, there is no fee that you have to pay. The amount showed in the confirmation mail is all you need to make sure that they will get
    2) Sometimes they will tell you when you go to the bank that they can't tell you the exact amount of money you need to deposit in order to get your payment done. They might approximate if you ask them to and they will do it adding a little bit extra just to be sure. Example: in my case they approximated 12.200 SEK and it was 11.600.
    3) The fees at the bank are not that big. I payed 80 SEK which is about 8-9 euro for a transaction like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Hey all I will be ordering from hardwareversand very soon. On the delivery section of my order there is two options to select from this is:
    "DHL normal dispatch (18,99 € shipping costs)"
    "UPS-Standard (18,99 € shipping costs)"

Both cost the same amount but which one should I pick? I'm ordering from Ireland by the way.

Also to anyone with experience of using AIB online banking to pay hardwareversand.

Do you simply select "I want to transfer money internationally"?

From there the next screen: Destination country of receiver's bank: Germany

In step 2 do I need to fill in the box that saids "Message to appear on your statement:"?

Thanks, I have never done bank transfers before so all these are pretty new to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

BOI wouldn't let me transfer in the branch ( a new rule which says transfers <€3000 must be done on-line!), so I had to go through a week-long wait for a security code to be posted to me in order to do it on-line.

Then when I add the details below it says 'Payee cannot be added at this time'. I rang Banking365 and they said they can't check anything - didn't even ask me for any details. Basically if it doesn't work, tough.

Anyone seeing what I might be doing wrong? (I tried the two versions of the payee address, the one with 'Arnsberg' as well).

5eeotj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Just about to order there, what do I enter regards to the payment details? very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It seems to vary by bank.

I didn't need to put nearly as much detail as above.

Just put "Deutsche Postbank AG" "Dortmund" as bank name and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Sorry to dig this up but it seems like the right place to add my question.

I have my order placed and they have sent me the bank details and I am adding them as a payee on my online banking.

What do I put in the "Reference" field? Should I put my order number or do I put the "Indended purpose" number that was in their email?

EDIT: Scratch that. I was able to figure it out from the AIB guide above

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

use the intended purpose number

Advertisement