Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Operation Transformation

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Wow, was working it out, Grace only has about 12 or 13 lbs to go before she's no longer in the overweight category. Fair play to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh FFS, have you seen the weather for the 5K run :eek::eek:

I'm registered, and up out of the bed, but seriously thinking twice about it. But then, if everyone thought like me the poor leaders would be there on their lonesomes....

She's 5'7", so I really doubt she'd be a size 12 just yet. Not that it matters, of course.

Having seen Grace with mine own eyes this morning (yes, I went and did the run!), she's easily a size 12. That thing about telly adding a stone to your appearance is obviously true. Kayleigh is about a 14/16, and is gorgeous!

Fair play to 'em all, didn't hear how they did in the 5K, but they did it. That's a lot of progress from 6 weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Having seen Grace with mine own eyes this morning (yes, I went and did the run!), she's easily a size 12. That thing about telly adding a stone to your appearance is obviously true.

I wasn't going by appearance, more stats. She'll soon not be overweight, but as of now still is, and I just don't consider size 12 an overweight size on most women, except the very short. Size 12 on a 5'7" woman should look nicely slim. Vanity sizing in action, IMO. A bete noire of mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

I saw her as well this morning and my guess would be a healthy 14 (maybe 16) - no way would she fit into a normal size 12. But they've all made progress which is the main thing.

• Advertisement

Oh my word, who did the styling for the girls for this show??? I'm a bit behind, so only seen the first two - but really and truly...... trashy n flashy....

(But to be fair, maybe it's their own choice, and I'm just an old fuddy duddy with no fashion taste.... hats off to them for their transformations, which are bloody dramatic in the end of the day)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

i must say grace looked fantastic tonight !!!!yum yum.an adrian did great.almost 3 stone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh my word, who did the styling for the girls for this show??? I'm a bit behind, so only seen the first two - but really and truly...... trashy n flashy....

(But to be fair, maybe it's their own choice, and I'm just an old fuddy duddy with no fashion taste.... hats off to them for their transformations, which are bloody dramatic in the end of the day)
    I wouldn't pick the dresses but the shapes were perfect. I have to say I think the stylists are showing everyone at their best. Graces hair was shocking though!

Bloody hell, Killian is half the man he was at the start!

Agreed about Grace's hair, think that might have swayed my opinion on the whole outfit.

Just thought Kayleigh was too "dolled up" for her age - she's gorgeous (I clapped her on the back on Saturday after the race, and she really is), didn't think she did herself justice tonight. But again, maybe I'm just old!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Fair play to them all, great achievements all round. While I liked the dresses. I would sack the hairdresser. I hated all the girls hairstyles, very trashy. The 2 younger girls looked so much nicer with straight hair. I think the finale was SO much better when it was out in the public arena. RTE cutbacks, I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Does anyone know if there's plan to start another 'season' straight away once this finishes?

I think it's great and it really does motivate you but I think it would be a shame if it only ran for Jan/Feb instead of year round when it's just as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Caliden wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's plan to start another 'season' straight away once this finishes?

I think it's great and it really does motivate you but I think it would be a shame if it only ran for Jan/Feb instead of year round when it's just as important.

There's already an forum on this year's operation transformation 2013

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845642

Advertisement