Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I've used Parcel Motel when getting 7kg or so worth of stuff and was grand. You should certainly be fine with anything under <5kg for the package size involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has used TPW, myprotein or Go Nutrition using parcel motel? I am a bit worried the box will be oversized and won't fit in the locker, so I just wanted to check if anyone can advise on whether they normally fit or not. Would not be ordering a very large amount - maybe 4kg or so.

Thanks

used myprotein and ordered 2.5kg protein pack and 1kg creatine mono and pulse

all fitted easily

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

myprotein 5kg boxes wouldn't have fitted in parcel motel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks guys - looks like it is hit & miss so and maybe worth contacting the seller in advance to find out the box size.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

anyone using the above product. see a lot of lads using this in the gym lately.
    is it a good pre work out. any dangers taking it as I read it can make you tired afterwards ie are you still safe to drive after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

First time iv used bulkpowders and got two free samples , chocolate peanut and chocolate cookie , both were absolutely disgusting ! I hope vanilla and chocolate are good cos iv just paid for 2.5kg of both . Anyone tasted either ? Im almost afraid to crack them open after the last 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

dor843088 wrote: »
    First time iv used bulkpowders and got two free samples , chocolate peanut and chocolate cookie , both were absolutely disgusting ! I hope vanilla and chocolate are good cos iv just paid for 2.5kg of both . Anyone tasted either ? Im almost afraid to crack them open after the last 2.

Ordered for first time on Wednesday. Avoided both of those flavours even for samples because I reckoned they'd be disgusting.

Glad I could be of help :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

The vanilla is fine. I use it mostly for cooking but it's drinkable as a shake. Never had the chocolate. Chocolate mint is grand though.

The chocolate peanut is intense alright, like cheap chocolate covered peanuts. I would struggle to finish a bag of it.

Edit: That is with water only. I don't use milk but would imagine it would be better, as most powders are.

Ordered for first time on Wednesday. Avoided both of those flavours even for samples because I reckoned they'd be disgusting.

Glad I could be of help :pac:

I presume you mean the peanut and cookie flavours you avoided.

RichFTW wrote: »
    The vanilla is fine. I use it mostly for cooking but it's drinkable as a shake. Never had the chocolate. Chocolate mint is grand though.

The chocolate peanut is intense alright, like cheap chocolate covered peanuts. I would struggle to finish a bag of it.i

Edit: That is with water only. I don't use milk but would imagine it would be better, as most powders are.

Intense is a polite way of putting it alright. Id have threw the bag out tbh if id ordered it.

• Advertisement

I presume you mean the peanut and cookie flavours you avoided.

Yeah. Possibly because the only chocolate one I ever had was mint chocolate, which was horrendous and put me off chocolate anything whey 4life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Intense is a polite way of putting it alright. Id have threw the bag out tbh if id ordered it.

I just finished 5kg of it. delish
    best protein ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

First time to tried their choc I thought it was mank but by the end of the bag (no way I was wasting a 5kg bag) I found I quite liked the taste of it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Nothing worse than getting 2.5kg of whey you don't like. I got banana from myprotein once. Had to hold my nose and chug it back every time. felt like puking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Thinking of supplementing with some Maca + Tribulus or some L-Arginine + Pycnogenol for a bit of increased libido, anyone ever supplemented with any of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Squat Rack Curler

It's under dosed imo but will be somewhat beneficial as opposed to not taking a pre workout.
    It's not dangerous though

Thinking of supplementing with some Maca + Tribulus or some L-Arginine + Pycnogenol for a bit of increased libido, anyone ever supplemented with any of these?

took tribulus before , didn't get much from it
    dunno about the rest

for libido I've found ZMA pretty good but took d-aspartic acid recently and it is cheap and my libido sky rocketed and felt pretty good on it.

http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/amino-acids/other-amino-acids/d-aspartic-acid.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I struggle to get my 5 a day , seen this on bulkpowders http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/all-in-one-supplements/complete-greens.html would anyone say it is any use ?

Tried the BP strawberry sample this morning and it was quite nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

took tribulus before , didn't get much from it
    dunno about the rest

for libido I've found ZMA pretty good but took d-aspartic acid recently and it is cheap and my libido sky rocketed and felt pretty good on it.

http://www.bulkpowders.ie/shop-by-category/amino-acids/other-amino-acids/d-aspartic-acid.html

Cheers, took ZMA before to help me sleep and it worked wonders, not sure for libido though. Ill look into the d-aspartic acid though!

Cheers, took ZMA before to help me sleep and it worked wonders, not sure for libido though. Ill look into the d-aspartic acid though!

no probs - d-aspartic takes about a week to kick in.

also trib may cause you woe with the IMB if you try and import it as it's regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hey I've been dieting recently and wanted to implement supplements to help me out along the way, just wondering if these 3 items are good and if the 3 can be incorporated into my diet at the same time? Thanks.

317795.png

Image isn't showing. What are they and what are you hoping to get from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Image isn't showing. What are they and what are you hoping to get from them?

Impact Diet Whey, Strawberry Shortcake, Pouch, 3kg
    Thermopure, Unflavoured, Tub, 180
    CLA, Unflavoured, Tub, 60

And basically just to incorporate into my diet to help lose weight faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Impact Diet Whey, Strawberry Shortcake, Pouch, 3kg
    Thermopure, Unflavoured, Tub, 180
    CLA, Unflavoured, Tub, 60

And basically just to incorporate into my diet to help lose weight faster.

Don't waste your money on Thermopure or any form of Thermobol. There is no real proof that it aids weight loss and is very high in caffeine. Same for CLA. For a cheaper option replace them with 2 cups of green tea a day. They are essentially made from green tea extract. Twinnings do a nice green tea.

Though you want to lose weight as fast as possible, it is not a race, more a change in behaviour. It will happen if ur disciplined. Eat less and move more was my motto but I never starved myself!! Eat less was more aimed toward calorie reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What is the deal with d-aspartic as it was mentioned in this thread ? is it making up for a deficiency in some mineral or Vit? do you take it on going or does the effect wear off?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

silverharp wrote: »
    What is the deal with d-aspartic as it was mentioned in this thread ? is it making up for a deficiency in some mineral or Vit? do you take it on going or does the effect wear off?

The only thing I noticed was I wanted to ride everyone haha! But seriously, it spikes the libido very noticeably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

IIRC DAA (D-Aspartic Acid) - 3 grams per day seems to be the sweet spot.

Plenty of unbiased reports online iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

For weight loss - who can say.

I've heard good reports from people on CLA.

Same goes for Green Tea.

CLA though is a slow burn and how effective well I cannot say - same goes for GT - the saying YMMV is apt here.

Advertisement