Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The Avengers!

Just amazing....wow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Breaking Bad is actually amazing!
    I started watching it about 2 weeks ago and have a season and a half done. I have seasons 3 & 4 but need to obtain the rest of season 2 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Victorious, what a selection of crackers in it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Watched Leon: The Professional last night.... very good and another film checked off the IMDB top 250 list... only 190 left to get through now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Went to see The Avengers last night, it was brilliant! :D

As an added bonus, there is a serious amount of eye candy in the cast. NOM :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I started watching it about 2 weeks ago and have a season and a half done. I have seasons 3 & 4 but need to obtain the rest of season 2 first.

Well I can tell you that you will not be disappointed when you get to see the rest of season 2 and seasons 3, 4 as there is no drop off in quality.

Breaking Bad is one of the best tv shows ever, cant wait for season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Went to see The Avengers today and found it a tad boring tbh...just me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Slow Show wrote: »

I didn't think that much of it either, but it wasn't as morally offensive as some of the superhero films I've seen, good sense of humour to it.

Batman's really the only game in town when it comes to engaging super-hero films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Batman's really the only game in town when it comes to engaging super-hero films.

This. Watching The Dark Knight right now, TDKR can't come soon enough

Namlub wrote: »
    This. Watching The Dark Knight right now, TDKR can't come soon enough

Indeed, I was reminded today that it's gonna be out quite soon and I have renewed excitement for it. :D Must re-watch the first two when summer ever decides to come...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Slow Show wrote: »
    You're insane.

Prometheus has officially secured an 18s rating. I'm so happy I could shoot projectile acid from a parasite in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Lads, yer all gonna be like "nah, not worth it, just a cheesy chick flick" but seriously, The Lucky One is unraaaaaaaaaaail.

It was so good that it was recommended to me by a lad!

Lads, yer all gonna be like "nah, not worth it, just a cheesy chick flick" but seriously, The Lucky One is unraaaaaaaaaaail.

It was so good that it was recommended to me by a lad!

I just saw it tonight!
    It was great.

love those Nicholas Sparks film adaptations!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Got sucked back into Home and Away after years of absense.

God help me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

EDIT: Somehow double posted >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Even though NBC cancel everything, this looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

Oh My Gawwwwwwwd, I'm so excited!!

:P

I seem to have missed this being advertised on TV but...

Apparently it's a reality TV show about a group of woman who 'shop and lunch their days away before spending their evenings sipping cocktails'. Oh my God, if any foreign person ever decides to try get a glimpse into Irish life and somehow ends up watching TV3...God help us all.

(looking forward to watch it though....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Despite being directed by David Schwimmer, aka Ross from Friends, this was really good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Conor108 wrote: »
    Despite being directed by David Schwimmer, aka Ross from Friends, this was really good!

I saw that too and was impressed by it. Didn't think Ross could direct! :p

I'm currently obsessed with House. Just over halfway through Season 4. I just love the banter between House and Wilson atm. :)

Mollikins wrote: »
    I'm currently obsessed with House. Just over halfway through Season 4. I just love the banter between House and Wilson atm. :)

I'm just about to watch Season 8 Ep 15. Only another 7 episodes to go til the end of the show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

I'm just about to watch Season 8 Ep 15. Only another 7 episodes to go til the end of the show :(

I hate when things end too. :(

I guess its better that they end when things are going well than when viewing figures are down and interest it the programme has disappeared.

The last episode I watched was
    when House discovered that Wilson and Amber are dating
    . I wanted to know the actresses name and went on her wiki page and read things I didn’t want to read so now I’ve spoiled things on myself. :o

I’ve been neglecting my other usuals like The Mentalist, New Girl and Awake because I’m so obsessed with House.

Also the Criminal Minds season finale was amazing. :)
    So going to miss Emily though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I haven't watched House in so long, it use to be my favorite show but I sort of stopped watching after
    a certain character commits suicide, on top of the other main characters disease it was all a bit too depressing
    . I really must catch up on it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

House finale was good, but
    They got back Stacy and Masters, for his funeral, but not cuddy? I know there was contract negoiation problems and what not, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Just watched Safe House, recommend ya'll give it a watch. Was absolutely fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

FUCK

I completely forgot about Desperate Housewives! I'm such a tit! I only started watching it cos my housemates did too, and the one week I have to remember it independently...

But...
    Never fear, RTE Player is here!

I've now seen every episode of House except the last one. I don't want to watch it! :( I've been watching recaps and reading articles and now I feel like watching the whole thing again...I don't want it to end! :(

Prometheus is not half as good as its hyped up to be.im not a huge fan of the alien franchise but I liked the trailers.it wasn't
    Terrible but its not one is recommend or ever watch again out of choice.

• Advertisement

I'm watching an anime called Sakamichi no Apollon/Kids on the Slope, a new series from one of my favourite anime directors, Shinichiro Watanabe, of Cowboy Bebop fame. It's about a group of Japanese teenagers growing up in Kyushu, and how they bond by playing jazz music. I was sceptical at first, because Cowboy Bebop was so brilliant, and this seemed like such a departure. It's fantastic though, and blends music culture with a nice coming-of-age story. It's only 9 episodes in to its first season, but I'm hooked!

Advertisement