Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This weekend

• 18-09-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

West coast looking good this wknd , looks like an old trip to Inch or Lahinch is on the cards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

West coast looking good this wknd , looks like an old trip to Inch or Lahinch is on the cards

Could be comp on in lahinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

The comp starts at 10am sat. How will that affect a surf? Will it be totally packed?
    Might go to doughmore instead... Anyone else headed there?

Unbelievable couple of hours surf last night. I counted 110 surfers in the line in Lahinch at 7pm.

Going to go to dough more this morn. Hoping for more of the same...

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Unbelievable couple of hours surf last night. I counted 110 surfers in the line in Lahinch at 7pm.

Going to go to dough more this morn. Hoping for more of the same...

Just looking at the wecam now. Its pumping!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Went to doonbeg today, it was pumping. Lovely sunny weather too and not too many there.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tonyfillony

puked!
    Was down lahinch Saturday morning until 3ish , nothing there tiny waves , gutted
    Couldnt make it back later or yesterday
    Here is hoping for next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

got Sunburnt on Tullan strand Sat & Sun,

I'm not complaining , it was Magic :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭FlashR2D2

puked!
    Was down lahinch Saturday morning until 3ish , nothing there tiny waves , gutted
    Couldnt make it back later or yesterday
    Here is hoping for next weekend

Did you not check the forecast before you went?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

The arms are falling off me today. Yesterday was epic. Potential for an after work sesh today but the body is screaming for rest.

• Advertisement

FlashR2D2 wrote: »

Sure did , Lahinch isnt my local so said i would rely on magicseaweed, was showing 5 solid stars for all of saturday , was speaking to a few in the surf club as well and they were expecting it to be better as well so what can you do

Next weekend is a bit away yet but is looking good so hopefully I'll have more luck down in Inch

Sure did , Lahinch isnt my local so said i would rely on magicseaweed, was showing 5 solid stars for all of saturday , was speaking to a few in the surf club as well and they were expecting it to be better as well so what can you do

Next weekend is a bit away yet but is looking good so hopefully I'll have more luck down in Inch

Yeah, I wouldn't rely too much on the 'Magic Seaweed' although I do use it, but I normally pair it up with something like wind guru which seems to be a bit more accurate for swells and wind.

Yeah, I wouldn't rely too much on the 'Magic Seaweed' although I do use it, but I normally pair it up with something like wind guru which seems to be a bit more accurate for swells and wind.

Im a bit sceptical when it comes to magicseaweed as well , but my reasoning was that if there is five solid stars then there would have to be something decent down there but sure you live and learn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Always check the wam charts and tides

https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/index.html

And cross check wind guru with met eireann 3 day wind forecast

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aren't the stars on magic seaweed just relative to swell? So you could have a howling on shore but still get a good star rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aren't the stars on magic seaweed just relative to swell? So you could have a howling on shore but still get a good star rating.

I could be wrong but I've always read it as solid star is ground swell and faded star is wind swell or how badly the wind will affect the ground swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Mickeroo wrote: »

Star rating explained here.

http://magicseaweed.com/help/forecast/star-rating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Every site was predicting Sunday's swell to arrive on Saturday. There were people driving all over the coast on Saturday scratching their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

The swell arrived saturday evening, sunset session was perfect. . .

Looks like nothing but waves for the next 10 days with offshore winds monday & all next weekend! And im off work monday & all next wekeend :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Yeah, I wouldn't rely too much on the 'Magic Seaweed' .....
    +1. Its not that reliable. Better to use other data too, like learning to look at the weather charts, see are the lines close close together way out in the oul Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

or just check online camera

MACtic wrote: »
    or just check online camera

.....the camera is only any good if you're still in bed while being hop skip n jump from the beach. Conditions change quickly.

Advertisement