Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I still have absolutely no idea what type of team I'm trying to be.

QB (Alex Smith!) doesn't exactly lend itself to a passing game, though I have a decent O-Line especially left side (Ferguson/Mankins) and two solid TE's (Carlson/Moeaki).

I MAY be tempted to trade away Calvin Johnson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ha, Kapernick has better accuracy stats then Smith. Ok, it's just one stats

Anyway, Tony Moeki has great catching stats so passes to your TE and run behind your good Oline?
    You have McCoy and Sproles, lots of checkdowns and screen too
    You've some speed on that team

Think how the Ravens used Ray Rice in the NFL is what I'm suggesting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone know of anything like this for the Ps3 ?

Is this not going ahead???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

On the myleaguemanager site under Discussion>Game Scheduling there is a thread called Gameweek 1. Make a post in there to organize your human v human games for week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Rochey18 wrote: »
    hopefully it is..is there much numbers for it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Howshocowpownw

Rochey18 wrote: »

Not on the playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Falcons 23-17 Bears

Got off to good start with Todd Heap taking in a pass from Romo down the center for a TD.

The second quarter was all Bears and they went into a 7-10 lead with Moore going in for a TD on a 9 yards reception. Succop added a field goal and the Bears received the kick off for the second half.

With the first play of the second half Brees (bloody turncoat - played for me last year :P) throws a 73 yard pass to Josh Cribbs for a TD. 17-7.

My run first offence was paying dividends though and Steven Jackson put up 117 yards as the Falcons attempted to march downfield to claw it back. Heap then caught another short pass for a TD and Koch added a field goal in a tense fourth quarter where both sides looked shaky on offence.

With just over a minute remaining the Falcons intercepted on their own 45 yard line and it looked as if they could march upfield and claim a win through a field goal. With Jackson doing the damage, they managed to get in range.. or so they thought. Until their dumbass manager forgot to sort the depth chart out and put an actual kicker in to take it, instead of a punter. So they missed and thus went to overtime.

Falcons won the toss, made a couple of yards on their first plays and then Romo is sacked leaving them 2nd and 18. Up stepped Miles Austin to take a 78 yard pass all the way to win the tie.

Good start to the season and it could've gone either way, the interception around the half way line was key. If the Bears had completed the pass then it could just have easily been a Bears victory. Brees was pulling off some great throws all game too. Well played p4ddy31 (linebacker51) and best of luck for rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

intercepted on their own 45 yard line and it looked as if they could march upfield and claim a win through a field goal. With Jackson doing the damage, they managed to get in range.. or so they thought. Until their dumbass manager forgot to sort the depth chart out and put an actual kicker in to take it, instead of a punter. So they missed and thus went to overtime.

Brilliant :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »

I would've probably bounced my head off the wall if that ended up costing me the win. Once he kicked it all I could think was "hmm.. that looks a little short.. OH HOLD ON... BOLLOCKS.."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Funny enough Ben you did not make that mistake in Superbowl I when you intercepted in your own half with 10 seconds left and kicked the 52yarder to win as time expired !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Falcons 23-17 Bears

Got off to good start with Todd Heap taking in a pass from Romo down the center for a TD.

The second quarter was all Bears and they went into a 7-10 lead with Moore going in for a TD on a 9 yards reception. Succop added a field goal and the Bears received the kick off for the second half.

With the first play of the second half Brees (bloody turncoat - played for me last year :P) throws a 73 yard pass to Josh Cribbs for a TD. 17-7.

My run first offence was paying dividends though and Steven Jackson put up 117 yards as the Falcons attempted to march downfield to claw it back. Heap then caught another short pass for a TD and Koch added a field goal in a tense fourth quarter where both sides looked shaky on offence.

With just over a minute remaining the Falcons intercepted on their own 45 yard line and it looked as if they could march upfield and claim a win through a field goal. With Jackson doing the damage, they managed to get in range.. or so they thought. Until their dumbass manager forgot to sort the depth chart out and put an actual kicker in to take it, instead of a punter. So they missed and thus went to overtime.

Falcons won the toss, made a couple of yards on their first plays and then Romo is sacked leaving them 2nd and 18. Up stepped Miles Austin to take a 78 yard pass all the way to win the tie.

Good start to the season and it could've gone either way, the interception around the half way line was key. If the Bears had completed the pass then it could just have easily been a Bears victory. Brees was pulling off some great throws all game too. Well played p4ddy31 (linebacker51) and best of luck for rest of the season.

i have to say i was surprized when you miss that feild goal.i was happy with how i played apart from the 3 int and could have run the ball a bit better.

well played UnitedIrishman good luck with the rest of the season looking forward to my next game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Not on the playstation.

How come you say that??

QB COMPETITION IN DENVER!

(Clearly the fake Broncos are just like the real ones. Alex Smith : rubbish. Colin Kapernick : surprisingly good.)

i have to say i was surprized when you miss that feild goal.i was happy with how i played apart from the 3 int and could have run the ball a bit better.

well played UnitedIrishman good luck with the rest of the season looking forward to my next game now.

Yeah if Foster had opened up on me I'd have been a goner with Brees making big yard gains through the air. I thought he actually had more rushing yards than he ended up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Colts 37-31 Texans (OT)

All tied up after the 4 quarters. Texans wins the toss and Bradford (Because of his stupid owner) throws a horrible interception and Colts take it in for the winning TD.

Well done Sundalic. Hopefully we improve for later on in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

This was a scrappy one with 7 turnovers between us. It all came down to a pick-6 on the first play of overtime which kinda' summed the game up. Either team could have won it.

Negatives: Rivers (or me) was horrible, 3 interceptions (at least 1 for a TD and another to set up a FG as time expired in the first half) and 1 fumble (which was returned for a TD). It might be something I'm doing but too many of his passes didn't have the 'zip' I'd expect. I'll need some practice.

Positives: Got 99yards rushing so that's an improvement on last year. My defence looked pretty good with many of the Texans scores coming as a result of my offence not defence. Held the Texans to 184yards (compared to my 375yards).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Joyce88 wrote: »
    Colts 37-31 Texans (OT)

All tied up after the 4 quarters. Texans wins the toss and Bradford (Because of his stupid owner) throws a horrible interception and Colts take it in for the winning TD.

Well done Sundalic. Hopefully we improve for later on in the season.

we'll need to! but I'm sure we will too once we get used to these teams.
    with a bit more luck Peterson could have broken through for a couple of TDs for you.

QB COMPETITION IN DENVER!

(Clearly the fake Broncos are just like the real ones. Alex Smith : rubbish. Colin Kapernick : surprisingly good.)

Can I have Smith? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans @ Jags

Jags receive first and are forced to punt after going on the ground.
    I go down the field pretty well but get to the redzone and have to settle for a short FG.

I force the Jags to punt again.

I'm 3rd and inches but get called for a holding, back to 3 and 10 and i dont make it so i punt. 2:28 left on the clock.

I stop the Jags again and force them to punt with 1:20 on the clock

The jags turn me over and then i sack their QB

The connection dies.
    Will replay tomorrow.

Titans @ Jags

Jags receive first and are forced to punt after going on the ground.
    I go down the field pretty well but get to the redzone and have to settle for a short FG.

I force the Jags to punt again.

I'm 3rd and inches but get called for a holding, back to 3 and 10 and i dont make it so i punt. 2:28 left on the clock.

I stop the Jags again and force them to punt with 1:20 on the clock

The jags turn me over and then i sack their QB

The connection dies.
    Will replay tomorrow.

How fcuking annoying is it that EA still haven't fixed their servers yet? Cheap pricks!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Very, 10-0 down on the 2 yard line and about to score a TD and it goes again.
    Fcuk that

Can I have Smith? :)

What's the offer? ;)

What's the offer? ;)

5er ;)

Packers win their opening game 31-13. I hate Jake Locker. Matt Moore is in. My secondary give up 2 FGs all game. Only a fumble by Locker allowed the Saint's D to score a TD.

Onwards and upwards I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Scrappy win for me against the CPU Browns, surprisingly good running game for Turner despite no OL above 80. Can't do much with Peyton Manning due to awful receiving corps. Defense shows up big time with fumble return to clinch game 10-0 up in 4th quarter and CPU marches down for garbage time TD. Cam Newton wasn't great for Browns, couple good runs and one big throw but very inaccurate besides that.
    Need to get more from my passing game if to win at all. Looking forward to first PvP match!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Just finished up Cardinals (Shane.C) at Panthers :eek: 70-35 - Panthers went 14 down in the first quarter, managed to finish the 2nd 7 up but threw it away, conceding 42 points, in the second half. Big Ben struggled with 8 interceptions but somehow still threw for 382 yards - probably helped by the fact Vilma picked up a partial ACL tear early in.

Matt Ryan had an amazing game, threw for 562 yards which included two 78 yard TDs to Marshall - The Panthers D couldnt deal with the deep throws at all. The running game was none existent with Cards rushing for 35 and the Panthers for 29.

I really have to learn how to handle the safeties and corners better and I might have kept the score down, also need to work on my QB accuracy and reads, I threw into some ridiculous coverage a few times.

Anyone have a decent RBs they dont need :pac:

Just finished up Cardinals (ShaneC) at Panthers :eek: 70-35 - Panthers went 14 down in the first quarter, managed to finish the 2nd 7 up but threw it away, conceding 42 points, in the second half. Big Ben struggled with 8 interceptions but somehow still threw for 382 yards - probably helped by the fact Vilma picked up a partial ACL tear early in.

Matt Ryan had an amazing game, threw for 562 yards which included two 78 yard TDs to Marshall - The Panthers D couldnt deal with the deep throws at all. The running game was none existent with Cards rushing for 35 and the Panthers for 29.

I really have to learn how to handle the safeties and corners better and I might have kept the score down, also need to work on my QB accuracy and reads, I threw into some ridiculous coverage a few times.

Anyone have a decent RBs they dont need :pac:

I have Ray Rice ;) Who do you have at HB and QB? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

It's just crazy how open the game was, like you said (BastardPrince) it would have been a NFL fan's dream to watch it. Good game nonetheless, still laughing about when i didnt get the TD with Jackson after i threw for about 60 odd yards and landed 1 yard away from the endzone:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I have Ray Rice ;) Who do you have at HB and QB? :p

Hmmm, I somehow have Shaun Hill, Tarvaris Jackson and Brian Hoyer and my backs are mediocre with Ryan Grant, Larry Johnson, Donald Brown! So who you wanna swap for Rice :D

Hmmm, I somehow have Shaun Hill, Tarvaris Jackson and Brian Hoyer and my backs are mediocre with Ryan Grant, Larry Johnson, Donald Brown! So who you wanna swap for Rice :D

Makes my Matt Moore and Jake Locker look good :pac:

Playing you in week 2 so should be good ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bills defeat the Chiefs 9-0 in the storm bowl. 20mph wind and heavy rain.

Held the chiefs to 42 yards total offense which was quality to do, it game me an achievement . Missed a hopefully 48 yard field goal in the first half other than that could get past 3rd down. With only 2 of 8 completed. Scored a 30 yard run late in the 3rd quarter. Then with time expiring i have to punt to the chiefs , leave them them on there own 4 yard line. Next play i sack there quarterback for a safety to make it 9-0. They kick back to me and i take a knee.

Star of the game : Corey Williams at DT, 3 sacks and a safety.

My defense is spectacular. My offense truly horrible. People have a look at my roster (Bills), I'm in the market for a 84+ running back. All trades will be considered.

Advertisement