Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pound stole my dogs

• 05-04-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Was in jogging in the park today with my 2 small dogs. Whe I noticed they were not beside me I went back through the park but couldnt find them. I evetually called the Ashtown pound a sure eough they had them in the van ad had not even been to the pound yet.
    I have licenses for them but they refuse to return my dogs with withouth me paying 250 euro. So I refused to leave until they gave my dogs back ad I called the gards to see if they could help. Gardai came down as said it wasn't a polce matter and that I was trespassing and had to leave.
    I am on the social and have no way of paying this fee :mad:

I called several papers ad am waiting to hear back to see if they'll take this story. I cant believe the pound can get away with this.

F*cking dog napping scumbags have them locked up in tiny cages and are charging me 8 euro a night to keep them !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is there a notice in the park to keep dogs on a leash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:confused: what?

how did you know where to ring? what did they say was the reason for taking them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Pretty sure they're supposed to be leashes regardless of notices.
    I also am incredulous that you managed to lose them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

steal your dogs back in sophisticated jailbreak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I guess you have no choice to pay it at the moment. Contact your solicitor after you do, or wait until tomorrow (I hate saying that). Its understandable as to how you could lose sight of your dog like that. I see it every morning in Waterford park. Dogs running off and playing with each other while the owner walks or jogs ahead a bit. There is no signs there to keep them on the lead either, but just double check with the park you were in. It only takes a few seconds, and I agree with you that they are thieving scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

if it took you that long to notice they were missing, you're lucky it's the pound that has them

borrow the money from someone

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

You mean, "they took his job" and "they took his dog"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nevore wrote: »

I could be completely mistaken, but afaik; local authorities have their own bye-laws which specify where dogs need to be kept on a leash, or where dogs are prohibited altogether. It's not a case of one law for the whole country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

OP was caught in the park with his trousers round his ankles and this is just an elaborate story to back up the yarn he told the rozzers.

Walking your dogs? Yeah, they all say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

My dog stole a pounds. 26 million to be specific. Mystery solved - After Hours style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Just borrow the money, atleast get the poor dogs safe out of the pound
    then go about legal action..

You must not have been watching them at all if the pound had them and drove off
    Lesson learnt for ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

El Weirdo wrote: »
    OP was caught in the park with his trousers round his ankles and this is just an elaborate story to back up the yarn he told the rozzers.

Walking your dogs. Yeah, they all say that.

or birdwatching;)

If you have licenses I'm not sure how they can hold your dogs? Check with a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You're shitty ass dogs should have been on a lead and not shitting all over the park where kids can get shit in their eyes and go blind and shit.

That shit's not cool yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Nevore wrote: »

I could be completely mistaken, but afaik; local authorities have their own bye-laws which specify where dogs need to be kept on a leash, or where dogs are not prohibited altogether. It's not a case of one law for the whole country.
    Fair enough. Checked citizens information and it would seem the dogs count as strays- not under direct control or accompaniment.

Op, citizensinformation.ie sets oyt the fines. They're right on the 8 a day but the initial fee is 20 not 250 so query that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,971 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bounty the Dog Hunter.

The local council's obviously covering for the gap in the household charge income by dog-clamping for big bucks. The feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Daithi 1 wrote: »
    I called several papers ad am waiting to hear back to see if they'll take this story. I cant believe the pound can get away with this.

I'm sure they are holding the front page for you.

Dey Tuukk Aarrrr Daaawwwgggss

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

How are you getting charged €250? Have attached the fees for the Meath dog pound.

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/DogPound-Meath/Fees/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

OP, can I suggest you change your user-name -

Daithi Nil - Dog-warden 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 139

Fully support the pound on this one. Leave a dog on its own in a park. What if one of them had attacked a child?
    Just to let you know they have the right to destroy the dogs after 5 days if you don't pay the fines.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm pretty sure this is the plot to a Disney movie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A few things in the story just don't add up. Shaggy dog story.

139 wrote: »
    Fully support the pound on this one. Leave a dog on its own in a park. What if one of them had attacked a child?
    To be fair he did say small dogs. it could be the case that they cant be pulled on a lead when he's jogging so and also would pose zero risk to children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

To be fair he did say small dogs. it could be the case that they cant be pulled on a lead when he's jogging so and also would pose zero risk to children.

IMO no dog poses zero risk to children no matter how small/big/friendly etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

jogging and you "mislaid" your 2 dogs.
    yeah are you sure your capable of keeping dogs?
    its against the law in public parks to not have dogs on a leash.
    i bet you forgot your pooper scooper as well.
    i also bet you didnt pick up any of your dog poo either.
    you also said "small dogs"..are you sure they werent "small" pitbulls:-p

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Eh 250???!! Doesn't sound right. Had to get my OH's terrier out of the pound in Louth a few months ago and he didn't have a license. Got the license 12.50 and 40euro for getting the dog out and that's all he paid as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Piranhas are small fish but you don't often find them in kids' paddling pools

IPAM wrote: »
    IMO no dog poses zero risk to children no matter how small/big/friendly etc.
    littledog2.jpg
    Even something like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭AboutTwoFiddy

Heard a similar story to this before...except it involved a baby...and a dingo.

Next time keep your dogs on a lead, they obviously weren't under your control if you didn't even notice them being lifted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement