Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Dublin Office

• 02-10-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can't see anywhere more appropriate to post this.

Anyone know where Facebook is locating in Dublin ? They announced an EMEA support centre in Dub today.

Thanks

Max
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It wasn't mentioned on the news so chances are there's nothing in place yet.

Guessing Blanchardstown will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Thinking city centre, near google tbh

Does it really matter though?
    There's plenty of other offices where other companies are based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭redroar1942

Seeing as the OP asked a specific question as to where the location is, I think it does matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'd like to know this too.

I used to work in Google in the city centre, but had to leave due to the commute. I'd be thinking of applying to Facebook if they were based somewhere on the southside but can't find any mention of their actual location in any of the press releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Seeing as the OP asked a specific question as to where the location is, I think it does matter.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

No further clues in the press release... http://www.entemp.ie/press/2008/20081002.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Oh thanks....very helpful !:rolleyes:

OK, it was asked as a genuine question sorry about that, I was refering to the fact that it'll be just a faceless (no pun intended) office / building, it wouldn't matter what city it's in, New York, London, LA, Skibbereen etc

Yeah, if you are looking for an IT job, they might be a good company to work for, but you may also want to look at these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

You know Max, when I do find out now I'll rush back here to let you know... Stay close to your PC won't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kanoute696

any news on this - facebooks dublin office location?..

Well thanks Spin, any time there's no news, nothing to tell,
    nothings changed and the status quo is maintained, or when we'd
    like to hear nothing in particular, hold the
    front page, we'll call Spin for the latest ! :rolleyes:

Oh, by the by, I nearly forgot, F'book hasn't yet chosen their premises.
    Got that from their IDA liaison.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Probably will be out of Dublin as land as rent is cheaper e.g. Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Zatman wrote: »
    Probably will be out of Dublin as land as rent is cheaper e.g. Leixlip
    Tanáiste and Minister for Enterprise Trade & Employment, Mary Coughlan TD announced today (Thursday 2nd October 2008) that Facebook, the world’s leading social networking site, is to establish its international headquarters in Dublin.

Yes thats Dublin, County Kildare. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It'll either be city centre, or one of the IDA parks out blanch way surely? facebook wouldnt have the footprint to make a move out to kildare an intelligent move anyhow, even if it wasnt already listed as a Dublin office.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

"The company will focus its search in Dublin city centre and a suburban location is unlikely to be chosen."

Accodring to these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

A search of the CRO website shows up Facebook Ireland Limited as having a registered address at 6TH FLOOR, SOUTH BANK HOUSE, BARROW STREET,
    DUBLIN 4.

But I think that whole building is a solicitor's office (Mason Hayes and Curran) so maybe they just used their solicitor's address to register the company.

Anyone know if MHC occupy that entire building?

They do afaik

Aren't you the slueth Liam. You don't work in CID do ya ?
    No wait, you couldn't, cause the CRO lead was an obvious
    one :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Max001 wrote: »
    Aren't you the slueth Liam. You don't work in CID do ya ?
    No wait, you couldn't, cause the CRO lead was an obvious
    one :eek:

Ya ain't seen nothing yet. I'll report back after I've abseiled down to the 6th floor of South Bank House, with box of Milk Tray in the back-pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bovriladdict

Have any of you by any chance got any contact numbers for facebook yet?

They still haven't opened their own office. If they are already open it's via serviced offices, somewhere like Regus. Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

No. prob. I see they're advertising jobs on the site so the office must be coming up soon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Facebook will be moving into the Digital Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

digital hub, thats Thomas St / the Liberties , 10 mins walk from Christchurch, 20 from O'Connell St ..

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

Is there a site where you can apply for jobs in their Dublin office? When are they actually opening it?

I saw some on the facebook website itself. Takes a bit of work to filter down. Jobs are listed by type, not location. Thanks for the tip fellas about the location.

Bealbocht, I checked out Facebook at the digital hub and they're not there. Got any other leads?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A search of the CRO website shows up Facebook Ireland Limited as having a registered address at 6TH FLOOR, SOUTH BANK HOUSE, BARROW STREET,
    DUBLIN 4.

Very close to google

Advertisement