Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What?! Movie

• 01-05-2003 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

This is prorbably more suited to the TV foruym but seen as how it to do with movies I stuck it in here.

What do people think of this show? Is it better than RTE's old Movie Show or is it worse.

Peersonally I can't stand Dave Fanning - firstly for his negativity towards most film that boast a big budget and secondly for his monotonous, speed talking :(

The only reason I watch the show is because of the trailers and the interviews (which is probably Fanning's strongest point)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I think Fanning is okay but I really don't like What?!Movie (and I'd really looked forward to it). It's definitely not as good as The Movie Show which I would watch religiously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i think the one on tv3 is better, popcorn its just clips and a little bit of text info running across the bottom of the screen, i dont like fanning or interviews so popcorn is my fave.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

The Movie Show was far far better. That fcking blue background they have now makes my eyes bleed.

/offtopic

what was the name of the into tune that they used for THE MOVIE SHOW. a really nice piano track but I cant remember the name :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I can't stand Dave Fanning! Why is it that whenever music or films need to be covered they immediatley turn to "Take it easy" Fanning??? The man is boring and talks ****e most of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by mooman_00
    i think the one on tv3 is better, popcorn its just clips and a little bit of text info running across the bottom of the screen, i dont like fanning or interviews so popcorn is my fave.....
    same as that, popcorn all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I've only managed to see one episode of What!? Movie, but it was pretty sh!te - no where near as good as The Movie Show, that was class back in the day.

Popcorns alright yea, but the text is a bit too small to read on a 14" TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by GoneShootin
    what was the name of the into tune that they used for THE MOVIE SHOW. a really nice piano track but I cant remember the name :/
    I was told it's by REM if that helps you any. Sorry, can't remeber the track title at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Popcorn - You see cheap TV does work

What!?Movie is dissappointing, and I like Dave. The movie show was far better. But I think the long extendend version of Entertainment Update is just that a long extentend version of Entertainment Update, with out the voice over. But then it is better then Screen 3.

I was looking at popcorn and they were at some Film Festival in Dublin, and they just had the worst music over it. What about talking to some of the people at the festival?????

Has Dave interviewed Keaune Reeves. That Interview on the movie show when he was doing The Devils Adovcate was class.

The add for what!?movie is cool, very good editing.

Hollywood Anocht was good on TG4 with Sile Seoige (Grainne's Sister). Kind of like Popcorn with the subtitles except she interviewed people, Interesting concept.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Dave Fanning? Dave Knobbing more like.

Originally posted by GoneShootin

Just remembered the name of it. It's called 'Last Date' by Floyd Cramer. REM did a cover of it around the time of Document.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭weemcd

i hate dave fanning, from his radio show, tv programs, and coloum in the sunday world, he cant just enjoy an action film- he tells us the plot is shiite , thats what we expect!!! and says because of that therefore its crap.

Usually he tells you its crap, and then say go and see for yourself what do I know. I don't think he takes himself to seriously.

I like his new drive time slot. He was good on Saturday Live with bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Pigman II, I cant thank you enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You know, I always seemed to like Jonathan Ross best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    You know, I always seemed to like Jonathan Ross best.

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All I want to know is WTF does the title mean?

Jonathon Woss wules!

Mike.

If you had seen the add for the show, it had edited together loads of movie trailers and had the voice over guy (Who is he?) telling you why you should go and see each of the movies. Very good add i thought, and thus if you what to find out about the movie What?!Movie. Also Dave has a habbit of saying "What, Movie you may ask" something along those lines anyway.

Also what about Barry Norman.

Sile Seoige (Grrrrrr):D

Originally posted by Elmo
    Sile Seoige (Grrrrrr):D [/B]
    Speaking of Sile Seoige what's she doing these days? Shes not on TV anymore AFAIK :(

Advertisement