Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

50posts sure he will have that by the time we get to rd 2.

Great to have you back Walt not only a great poster and drafter but the boards Monday night wars wouldn't be the same without the WECWF

Hope Liz makes it too would seem odd if there was no.... Tbc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

As much as I love the stips, I’d be conservative about going to town with them. Remember the year before last we had the a late “pick somebody already drafted” round which for many was a major buzzkill in terms of the draft.

The littlest of changes adds a bit of craic to proceedings. It’s all about adding a bit of spice without restricting a player who has landed a good number.

The first round ROH Alumni one last year from fantastic. Sieved out a few guys many might have wanted but still left so many legends to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ShagNastii wrote: »
    As much as I love the stips, I’d be conservative about going to town with them. Remember the year before last we had the a late “pick somebody already drafted” round which for many was a major buzzkill in terms of the draft.

The littlest of changes adds a bit of craic to proceedings. It’s all about adding a bit of spice without restricting a player who has landed a good number.

The first round ROH Alumni one last year from fantastic. Sieved out a few guys many might have wanted but still left so many legends to choose from

Couldnt put it better, last year was great, little changes would be welcome but nothing to radical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Really looking forward to the draft, nothing better than the loopholes and tag teams people exploit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I ended up with 2 main events out of the tag teams last year draft is great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

So looking forward to this. I actually have time this year, as well as a fair idea of who I want! There are a few picks I want back this year from last year, hopefully I can get them. I have a main event in mind too that can be done with 5 or 6 different pairings of about 9 wrestlers so I am confident of getting at least 2 of them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So looking forward to this. I actually have time this year, as well as a fair idea of who I want! There are a few picks I want back this year from last year, hopefully I can get them. I have a main event in mind too that can be done with 5 or 6 different pairings of about 9 wrestlers so I am confident of getting at least 2 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I'm beyond excited for this years draft lads, especially since its so far all the same guys as last year, and as last year was such a spectacular draft, easily the best that I've personally been apart of throughout the years. So I'm genuinely expecting a lot of good stuff this year.. As for those dastardly young pups in MNG and BWA....

Welcome back Walt and glad I'm made it in just in time tbc......................... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

In terms of Stips I have to say I rly liked the Non-American stip. I think rounds 3 & 4 should be consecutive balancing rounds to level out what's happened in rounds 1 & 2, and after that stick to the random order as average round order becomes less and less important after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Silly question, is this going along the lines of fantasy booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Silly question, is this going along the lines of fantasy booking?

Yeah absolutely, once you drafted your 20 picks, you then draw your Fantasy Card, however you wish.. Maybe have a look back through the last few years show's.. And welcome to the most addictive 3 months of you're life..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well i've always wanted to try my hand at fantasy booking. So might as well start here.

All 20 signed up including Like any good rumble some surprise returns now I'm looking forward to the draw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Working on starting it up now. Good luck everyone.

Gone for something super-simple as the first round stip :P And as a heads up, Lithium93_ has got the #1 Pick this year, so get the thinking caps on.

*Is worried people won't like the stipulation...*

<_<;;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Perfect, with that stip and the pick order, I'm 100% confident I'll get the two people I want and the two that will instantly set the theme and tone for my roster this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

*goes to corner and sulks*

Not a chance of getting my number one. Back to the drawing board re: main card feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

No 8. Its hit and miss whether i get the guy i really want will get someone good if my first choice goes before my pick

This is the first year ive nothing really planned yet picks wise, hopefully it'll pan out alright! :pac:

• Advertisement

I hate being so quick honestly. Can't decide which of two or three people I want :(

I also have nothing planned out but after seeing my no.4 draw I'm shooting for the stars while also expecting to be dissapointed by only getting an absolutely huge name instead of whom I want.

Decent chance of getting my top pick
    Low chance of getting who I'd like to pair him with though.

Remember to pm the next person folks and pm someone else your pick if you don't think you'll be around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm a little bit sad the stip round is a no stip round this year. It's so much more fun with an actual stipulation.

But, on the flip side it's going to make the draft so much more different this year which is very interesting. Also extremely confident now of getting the feud I want for my main event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Wasn't expecting that stip. I've got no plans and no idea who I want aside from a couple smaller names so I'm happy enough to be at the end in this round. Should be able to draft my first pick with a planned opponent still available in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Got my list drawn up. Will be close if i get my main pick Id say but if i do i should get the rest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

This suits my picking style (my plan is no plan) :D

it was the birthday last night and I went a bit mental so if I get called upon and someones online can I give you my pick I have 2 in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I've no idea who I want. Getting one of my top 5 picks tho

Itching for this to get rollin lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think it's a nice change to start with a regular round. Honestly I think everyone will get a great pick for the first two rounds as the talent pool seems more immense than normal this time around.

I always feel rounds 3-7 are the most nail-biting as big names start to get thin and you feel the loss of a big name much more as a result.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think this stipulation is great , who knows who's going to be left by the time it reaches me though down in 16 lol, But regardless I sort of have a plan , but if it doesn't pan out I won't worry come on Lithium lets get the show on the road lol Itching aint the word :D

Advertisement