Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Jernal wrote: »
    I was under the impression a miss could only be called if there was an easier escape for the player to take. Otherwise it was simply just a foul.:confused:

I remember a qualifying match in Preston years back, Tony Drago was on a 20 odd break he pot a red and trying to travel down table to track a green which was near a corner pocket, landed up stuck behind the blue. He nonimated green and duly missed it, the ref called a miss, the ball was put back, Drago tried again this time hitting the green and potting it, the ref respots the green an Drago continues his break!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

zack01 wrote: »
    I remember a qualifying match in Preston years back, Tony Drago was on a 20 odd break he pot a red and trying to travel down table to track a green which was near a corner pocket, landed up stuck behind the blue. He nonimated green and duly missed it, the ref called a miss, the ball was put back, Drago tried again this time hitting the green and potting it, the ref respots the green an Drago continues his break!!!

lol who was the ref!?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

lol who was the ref!?

Don't understand really get the lol? The ref was 100% correct. Those were the rules. Even though Drago snookered himself, he broke the snooker and was able to continue his break if he potted the green. Even if it cost him 24 points accumulated through fouls he was entitled to continue the break if green was potted. :)

Don't understand really get the lol? The ref was 100% correct. Those were the rules. Even though Drago snookered himself, he broke the snooker and was able to continue his break if he potted the green. Even if it cost him 24 points accumulated through fouls he was entitled to continue the break if green was potted. :)

Zack01 is this right!?

Jack01 is this right!?

No it's not. It's zack01.:pac:

As for the other thing, I think it's right but yeah some confirmation or denial would be nice.:)

• Advertisement

Is just me or is poor auld Rob Walker losing his enthusiasm and zeal? :D

Is just me or is poor auld Rob Walker losing his enthusiasm and zeal? :D

Mad lookin dude that fella. Worzel Gummidges love child imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JBarnes1986

zack01 wrote: »
    No not me but I know exactly who your talking about, he travelled with Ken after I retired in 2003!!
    He's since fallen out with Ken, says a lot about someone when you can fall out with Ken Doherty.
    No doubt we've met, pity Mick isnt on the tour anymore, very fond of Mick and a hell of a player to boot.

That's a shame.No one could carry a cue case like Mr.M.He was world class!!

First frame, a scrappy enough one with both players riding their luck with whites on the edge of pockets goes to O'Sullivan.

That's a shame.No one could carry a cue case like Mr.M.He was world class!!

He was the standard bearer !!

• Advertisement

No it's not. It's zack01.:pac:

As for the other thing, I think it's right but yeah some confirmation or denial would be nice.:)

100% correct guys

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Stevens looks resigned to losing already. This could be a 17 - 0 job...:)

Epic tactical exchange going on here . . .

That exchange went on for over 20 mins. Stevens finally concedes. 2-0 Ronnie. Great stuff to watch by both players snooker and escape wise.

Early days yet, but it's looking ominous. 3-0 O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Stevens should just shake hands at the mid session interval and be done with it. Gonna get slaughtered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Aertel says that the Beeb's coverage tonight began at 8...

So was its schedule wrong - or were the first frame and much of the second really skipped in favour of Hearts and Minds? :confused::confused:

BBC NI programme started at 8pm

BBC Scotland @ 7.30pm

BBC Wales and England @ 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm watching it since 7 so looks like Aertel fcuked up.

4-0 now barring a plethora of snookers. Terrible start for Stevens.

Edit : Nm O'Sullivan building another break.

• Advertisement

BBC NI programme started at 8pm

BBC Scotland @ 7.30pm

Oh dear...

But then, it's probably no real surprise, given that this semi is England versus Wales... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

That also means that Aertel's schedule wasn't wrong.

4-0 now barring a plethora of snookers. Terrible start for Stevens.

It was looking very much like a re-rack in that fourth frame - which I'll bet Stevens wanted, although it might not have made much of a difference.

It was looking very much like a re-rack in that fourth frame - which I'll bet Stevens wanted, although it might not have made much of a difference.

It should have been re-rack if Stevens had kept his head, he left a very soft red on and Ronnie punished him succinctly.

Very scrappy frame. Stevens finally gets off the mark. 4-1

4-2 now. Stevens back in it.:)

It's getting late, Ronnie usually has a session done in 2 hours!

Oh! Chance to now to get it to 4-3.

Or not if your missing easy reds like that one to the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Agreed, but I think that's more down to Stevens than O'Sullivan the latter has had very bad luck at times with the run of the balls. (I know the scoreboard wouldn't make you think that.)

5-2 to O'Sullivan. Stevens desperately this next frame but his play has been wholly erratic. Two really silly blunders in that last frame.

• Advertisement

Players exchanging blunders at the moment.

Advertisement