Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Future of WWE

• 14-04-2015 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭

Will there ever come a time when wwe will have enough superstars and nxt is disbanded??? IE they found enough superstars in nxt

will there be a need for an nxt brand in 5/10 years time

In 2020 Cena Orton sheamus maybe Bryan will be near the end of there careers And guys like Rollins reigns Ambrose Wyatt Kevin Owens etc will be the mega stars

Your opinion ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think there will more than one Performance Center.

Triple H will bring Raw back to being only 2 hours.

Wrestlemania on the Moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Very hard to predict the future tbh but if there's a TV deal offer then they will produce the content. If they think Triple H's attempt at making NXT into an "indie-style" promotional brand is driving Network subs then they will produce the content.

I wouldn't be surprised if/when Triple H gets the book and Vince steps aside that he pushes the bodybuilder types. I don't buy that he is a mark for workrate all of a sudden but best enjoy NXT while it lasts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What they really need is a performance centre for creative, because there is already more talent than they can handle

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What they really need is a performance centre for creative, because there is already more talent than they can handle

Exactly this.

They need to stop hiring 15 Hollywood writers. Get back to fundamentals. 2 - 3 good writers should be enough, not 15.

And for fúcks sakes - let the guys do their own promos - let them sink if they are going to sink. Cream always rises to the top. Bring back managers that do the talking for the weak ones on the mic. There needs to be more than just Paul Heyman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ageyev wrote: »
    Very hard to predict the future tbh but if there's a TV deal offer then they will produce the content. If they think Triple H's attempt at making NXT into an "indie-style" promotional brand is driving Network subs then they will produce the content.

I wouldn't be surprised if/when Triple H gets the book and Vince steps aside that he pushes the bodybuilder types. I don't buy that he is a mark for workrate all of a sudden but best enjoy NXT while it lasts.

tbh i wouldnt worry that hhh would push only bodybuilder types as i think it will be simalar to NXT as hhh grew up as a flair and nwa fan so think wrestling will be huge part not just the sports entertainment of the wwe today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't get why they don't let guys do their own promos as a rule. What are they afraid will happen? They'll let a bad word slip? Well, OK, but I'll tell you how you'd sort that - just tape the show and edit out any 'inexactitudes'. If you lose the live feel, so what. It's not as if spontaneous, unpredictable things happen as a rule these days . Besides, some wrestlers do risque stuff anyway as it is. Orton flipped off Rollins that time, and Lesnar practically started one of biggest PW memes of the year with his 'Suplex City, b*tch' comment. Other worries like the wrestlers might lose their train of thought, well I can't imagine it's harder to learn the general direction you want a story to go than it is to learn a bunch of lines.

Aurora, Murphy and Vaughan Levesque opening Raw, ****eing on for 20 minutes and then booking babyface X in a handicap match with:

big_show_y_kane%255B1%255D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rovert wrote: »
    Aurora, Murphy and Vaughan Levesque opening Raw, ****eing on for 20 minutes and then booking babyface X in a handicap match with:

Kane & Big Show

Tbf they may be the most dominant tag team in WWE History. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wasn't there a WWE plan at some point to set up various territories that would harness local talent? One in Europe, one in Mexico etc. I'm sure I didn't imagine it as I remember it being discussed on here. I guess that idea fell by the wayside but I thought it had potential. I wonder in future could there be the creation of further NXT promotions?

Imagine for instance an NXT UK talent pool where you offer wrestlers from Britain, Ireland and perhaps a few other European countries a chance to do their thing on a WWE Network show. Meanwhile, you'd have an NXT US version and perhaps other regional ones as well.

Too ambitious? Too unworkable? Probably. But it would be a fun way to give local wrestlers experience in different regions before you actually call them to the main show, and you could build up a support base in different regions. There would be the potential for inter-promotional match-ups from the regional shows too.

The McMahons gobbled up the territories so I wonder is the future of the industry to create a new bunch of territories under the McMahon umbrella?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf they may be the most dominant tag team in WWE History. :)

Three Stephanies screeching at each other. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I know rovert is the PW oracle but I'm hoping even he had to go and look up the names of StepHHH's kids.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I know rovert is the PW oracle but I'm hoping even he had to go and look up the names of StepHHH's kids.

Knew the other two. Vaughan I had to look up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

briany wrote: »
    I don't get why they don't let guys do their own promos as a rule. What are they afraid will happen? They'll let a bad word slip? Well, OK, but I'll tell you how you'd sort that - just tape the show and edit out any 'inexactitudes'. If you lose the live feel, so what. It's not as if spontaneous, unpredictable things happen as a rule these days . Besides, some wrestlers do risque stuff anyway as it is. Orton flipped off Rollins that time, and Lesnar practically started one of biggest PW memes of the year with his 'Suplex City, b*tch' comment. Other worries like the wrestlers might lose their train of thought, well I can't imagine it's harder to learn the general direction you want a story to go than it is to learn a bunch of lines.
    I am surprised it is not on some sort of a small delay (a few seconds, enough time to beep the bad words) anyway, I thought a lot of live programs were nowadays (maybe it is). Maybe they are trying to protect the kiddies in attendance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Will there ever come a time when wwe will have enough superstars and nxt is disbanded??? IE they found enough superstars in nxt

will there be a need for an nxt brand in 5/10 years time

In 2020 Cena Orton sheamus maybe Bryan will be near the end of there careers And guys like Rollins reigns Ambrose Wyatt Kevin Owens etc will be the mega stars

Your opinion ??

There will always be a need for new stars so NXT is going nowhere. This is Hunter's baby and as long as he's alive NXT will continue. Heck, some people are even saying NXT is better than WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    There will always be a need for new stars so NXT is going nowhere. This is Hunter's baby and as long as he's alive NXT will continue. Heck, some people are even saying NXT is better than WWE.

I think EVERYONE is saying that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Will there ever come a time when wwe will have enough superstars

No....but if you changed it a little:
    Will there ever come a time when wwe will have enough midcarders

You'd be onto something. They've already reached that point and the way all the recent NXT graduates have been portrayed once they got to the main roster; there will be a lot more coming.

Advertisement