Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carbon clincher wheelset

• 10-04-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭

Making some space in the ol' garage. Got a pair of Bontrager race xxx lite's for sale. They came as top end fitment on Trek's 6 series Madone's. Quoted weights are 1,230g for the set (513g front, 717g rear). These are in excellent condition. No noticeable wear at all on the braking surfaces. Full carbon clinchers so - very light, very strong. RRP was up around 2000 euro. Tires and tubes fitted are still good and cassette is ten speed dura ace 12:27. Cork brake pads also included.
    Asking 650 quid.

IMG_20150410_154147.jpg

IMG_20150410_154215.jpg

IMG_20150410_154234.jpg

IMG_20150410_154438.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Where are u based? Age of wheels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Will they take an 11 speed cassette?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm in Firhouse, South Dublin. Wheels are 4 years old but have seen very little use. I swopped them out for training wheels all winter. With regard to 11 speed compatibility, there is a spacer inside my ten speed cassette, just like you have in all modern mavic wheels which is what make them both ten and 11 speed compatible. Whether the same logic applies to these I'm not sure to be perfectly honest with you, but if you want to check them out here and bring an 11 speed cassette to try on for size then that's no problem.

Edit - actually from a bit a of digging around, the mavic's appear to be a special case spacer width, so you'd need a replacement free-hub for 11 speed I reckon.

Open to offers on these, or to a swop for a regular aluminum clincher.

These are too good for daily use and I'd have to swop out brake blocks for my powertap wheelset use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭seanin4711

fat bloke wrote: »
    Making some space in the ol' garage. Got a pair of Bontrager race xxx lite's for sale. They came as top end fitment on Trek's 6 series Madone's. Quoted weights are 1,230g for the set (513g front, 717g rear). These are in excellent condition. No noticeable wear at all on the braking surfaces. Full carbon clinchers so - very light, very strong. RRP was up around 2000 euro. Tires and tubes fitted are still good and cassette is ten speed dura ace 12:27. Cork brake pads also included.
    Asking 650 quid.

IMG_20150410_154147.jpg

IMG_20150410_154215.jpg

IMG_20150410_154234.jpg

IMG_20150410_154438.jpg

hope you have a carboot sale if thats anexample of what you have lying around in your garage!!!

• Advertisement

They'd look a treat on your bike Seanin, or I've a lovely neat little electric fireplace and a set of mx5 alloys I could do you a good deal on too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Aquasteve

hi would you consider a swap for a pair of vuelta carbon pro matrix chrome clinchers

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Speedmerchant

Offer €300

Aquasteve wrote: »
    hi would you consider a swap for a pair of vuelta carbon pro matrix chrome clinchers

Pics?

Edit - came across what must be your ad on adverts. Nice looking but a bit heavy.

I'd consider a swop for mavic somethings.

300 is a bit stingy buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Aquasteve

Hi fat bloke yes they are my wheels on adverts, just thought i'd see if they were of interest to you, don't suppose 450 would buy them off you, sorry if this offends you but tis all the money i have at the moment. cheers

• Advertisement

Aquasteve wrote: »
    Hi fat bloke yes they are my wheels on adverts, just thought i'd see if they were of interest to you, don't suppose 450 would buy them off you, sorry if this offends you but tis all the money i have at the moment. cheers

No bother, I've been offended worse than that! :D

Yeah sure, go on. I'll accept your offer. I'll pm you contact details.

Change of mind for Aquasteve.

Still available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭noddy69

how does €400 sound to you ? Can collect

When could you collect?

When could you collect?[/

Im not far away from Firhouse so really most evenings suit me fine. Let me know sure this evening if you can whenever suits you.

If you can collect tonight or tomorrow then, ok.

If you can collect tonight or tomorrow then, ok.

I can collect tonight if you want...as long as its not too far off :)

Pm sent.

pleasure to deal with. Everything as advertised-Thank you, if you find anything else in that shed let me know.

noddy69 wrote: »
    pleasure to deal with. Everything as advertised-Thank you, if you find anything else in that shed let me know.

I wonder if my unfortunate boards handle put people off buying my wheels? - I ain't so fat really :)

Enjoy em Noddy. Crackin wheelset there at twice the price!

• Advertisement
Advertisement