Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Part time work while studying

• 02-08-2014 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, What are my chances of getting a part time job in Waterford? I'll probably look for bar work or working in a cafe/shop. Do you think I will have much look finding one around late August? BTW I have no previous work experience!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hi, What are my chances of getting a part time job in Waterford? I'll probably look for bar work or working in a cafe/shop. Do you think I will have much look finding one around late August? BTW I have no previous work experience!

Very, very unlikely. Even with experience in retail and bar work, I can't get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Whats the chances of peace in the middle east?

Waterford is the Detroit of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Try Eishtec, try McDonalds they take people on every few months, KFC are the same but less regular.

People might stick up their noses at working in McDonalds but its good money for student and guaranteed hours along with a bunch of people who are good craic to work with. (I worked part time there before so I know what I'm talking about) (people are not crazy about working in fast food places which means there is less applications so more of a chance). Best of luck and remember to keep an eye on what you are eating due to the free lunches.

I'd imagine you'd get in to McDonalds sooner or later if you keep applying although it might be a few months or even a year down the line.

Advertisement