Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPA study assistance

• 23-11-2009 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Have a friend doing the CPA via distance learning. Unfortunately, shes struggling with elements of it. Just wondered if anyone here knew of any study aids for cpa
    eg. Irish or UK forums for students.
    Good textbooks to support study.
    CPA Exam review questions or software, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

BPP are the way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    BPP are the way to go

Big +1 on BPP.

Texts are top class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rockbird1950

try griffith college, they have distance learning with tutor support, u can even do revision crs bfore exans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

try griffith college, they have distance learning with tutor support, u can even do revision crs bfore exans
    Shes using Griffith - but doesn't find the support great.
    Thanks for the tip on BPP - maybe she can move on to them next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

what subjects is she doing?

Did she check the extra articles on the CPA website? Also, she could try library for books relating to what shes having trouble with coz eveyone explains it different.

Best thing to do is read the text, then try do some questions. Sometimes its easier understand when you try the question then check the suggested solution.

I'm doing prof 1 at the moment & I get some extra notes from college friends to help me along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 E.V

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Have a friend doing the CPA via distance learning. Unfortunately, shes struggling with elements of it. Just wondered if anyone here knew of any study aids for cpa
    eg. Irish or UK forums for students.
    Good textbooks to support study.
    CPA Exam review questions or software, etc.

Hi there, I tried to search for study materials etc for CPA UK/Irish but limited options. I dont think Kaplan or BPP provide distance learning study materials. IF that is the case, how do I find study materials?

PLease help!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Baby 4. I know Independent college and Griffith College provide the course in Dublin. I am looking for distance learning or e-learning and it is only Griffith college provide these. However, i think due to lack of students so Griffith college doesnt have the option for the last two papers that I wanna do. Please help!!

P2:
    Strategy & Leadership
    Strategic Corporate Finance
    Strategic Performance Management

• Advertisement

What do you think Baby4? Do you know anywhere I could find the study materials for these 3 subjects?

Hi Baby 4,
    What brand is the study text from Griffith College - bpp or kaplan or the college prepared notes?

CPA is very limited with tutor information. I dont know what to do. I hope to get e-learning or distance learning study package.
    Are you gonna do the rest of papers with Griffith College?

Hi Baby 4,
    I am actually doing ACCA and have difficulties to complete it. I am now planning to move to CPA. I know no one is doing CPA at the moment so I cant get any opinions on it. I wonder if you cud giv me advice on CPA course and exams. What do you think if no revision class? Is it hard to prepare yourself?
    Do you still need the Study text for Strategic Corporate Finance from Griffith College? I wonder if you can give it to me if you dont need it anymore? Did you attend the class or you just bought the book from Griffith?

HI Baby 4,

Thank you very much for your comments and opinion. I am just sick of ACCA, so CPA is my choice now.
    I will have 3 papers to do to complete CPA and i will do them all together for April and Aug 2015. I am hoping to do e-learning for all 3 papers -
    Strategy & Leadership
    Strategic Corporate Finance
    Strategic Performance Management

I didnt know they have lecture recorded/e-learning for SCF and SPM, as when i check the fees on Griffith web, they dont have the fees for these two subjects. I hope they have e-learning for all 3 papers that im gonna do. Do you know if they have them? I always find lecture videos are useful when i was doing ACCA...

I wish you all the best in Aug exam. Is that your last paper to complete CPA?

E

HI Baby 4,

Oh no, just book? It will be hard to study as the SCF and SPM got a lot of complicated calculations?
    I will need the video lectures. Do you know anywhere I can buy them?

Thanks
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

I'm doing SCF at the end of the month too. How are you finding it? A bit worried as all I have is the Griffith manual and exam papers.

• Advertisement

Hi Kingdomkerry,

Did u not go for classes? or you did e-learning too?

I still cant decide whether to continue ACCA or transfer to CPA since CPA study materials are so limited.
    Is anyone doing E-learning of Strategy & Leadership? Are the videos in Griffith good?

Baby4 wrote: »

I am actually thinking to use ACCA video (E-learning) to study for SCF and SPM since there is not video for CPA. Do you know if anyone is doing that? What do u think?

Does anyone has study materials for SCF and SPM to give away?
    If you do please let me know and I can organise to collect it from you?

Thanks

Advertisement