Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CIMA study method

• 15-08-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi folks

I'm just about to register for CIMA exams in the coming days. I'm told I'll be able to start at the operational level as I should be exempt from the certificate levels based on previous studies. I'm based in Limerick. I understand the methods of study are
    • buy the books a self study
    • take an online course with Kaplan or cimastudy
    • blended learning available at LIT
    I much prefer a classroom based approach but studied by distance previously as well and got through that ok. At least with the previous distance learning though I had regular seminar and tutorial weekends to attend where I met classmates, formed study groups etc.

Any used the Kaplan or cimastudy online lectures? are they useful? Is there a community there to tap into? Is there any/many others in limerick or surrounding areas that will be studying CIMA via one of these online courses?

anyone done the blended learning in LIT? from what I understand of it it's really a couple of one-on-one type revision course weekends. One on one attention sounds great but I think I would have liked it better if there were a small class. Maybe I'm nuts.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

You should be able to manage the operational level through home study don't waste your money on the blended learning. There is a big cima thread here have a read through that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I would highly recommend doing First Intuitions on-line course and then doing their classromm revision weekends in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

thanks for the feedback folks

I've been looking up First Intuitions, also found Acorn Professional Tutors. There seems to be a lot of choice out there.

I shouldve mentioned my employer is willing to meet the cost of the courses so if i heard the blended learning was useful I'd probably go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

If you have any questions on FI, let me know!

Advertisement