Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting college?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey everyone, I got accepted into the WIT as a mature student in July, but I haven't heard back from Susi yet weather or not my grant appeal was successful or not. My course starts on September 5th so what do I do if I don't hear from them between then and now, do I go and register for my course anyway? My biggest worry is starting the course and then getting refused and having to leave. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

Ring susi and explain the situation. You can continue for as long as you want until you get refused. If you get accepted you can also(Obviously). You will need to provide a letter to the college to state that you are awaiting conformation on the grant. This will temporarily register you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

deadybai wrote: »
    Ring susi and explain the situation. You can continue for as long as you want until you get refused. If you get accepted you can also(Obviously). You will need to provide a letter to the college to state that you are awaiting conformation on the grant. This will temporarily register you.

Thanks for the reply, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Hiya - as a fellow mature that was in the same place you are now last year I can confirm that the college has seen this many times, just print off the page from SUSI that shows you have applied for the grant and take that it when you go to register,. Top tip for the registration day - go as early as possible - it takes an age!
    What are you studying?
    Dont worry about SUSI not being ready, so long as you have applied and submitted everything it will be fine. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

sugoo69 wrote: »
    Hiya - as a fellow mature that was in the same place you are now last year I can confirm that the college has seen this many times, just print off the page from SUSI that shows you have applied for the grant and take that it when you go to register,. Top tip for the registration day - go as early as possible - it takes an age!
    What are you studying?
    Dont worry about SUSI not being ready, so long as you have applied and submitted everything it will be fine. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thank you for the reply :) Applied Biology! Can't wait to start it. My biggest concern is that my grant was initially refused, but I appealed and am pretty sure I have a good enough case to get it over turned. Hopefully anyway!

If you dont get the grant would you look into Back to Education Allowance?

• Advertisement

sugoo69 wrote: »
    If you dont get the grant would you look into Back to Education Allowance?

Yeah I've looked into it but it's mainly the student contribution I'm worried about. It's a fortune lol

If you have applied for fees only with SUSI its a breeze - and if you get BTEA it can be more dosh. :)

Advertisement