Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

passed my ati exams, what now

• 12-07-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I have just passed my ATI exams and am looking for advice about which accountancy body to study with next to qualify, CPA seems like the obvious choice as it is a shorter route and i get better exemptions, any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Have you read the stickie re different bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I would agree with smcgiff, the first question to ask is where do you see yourself in 5 years time.

It all depends on what kind of accounting you want to do.

I completed ATI a couple of years ago and went on to do ACCA. I'm half way through now and have found it really helpful.

I moved into a job in industry accounting and what I'm learning in classes is really relevant to my day to day work.

I've heard the CPA option for ATI students is really good but for me I always had it in my mind that I'd do ACCA as it tends to be better recognised in Ireland than CPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

as per previous posts you need to look at what suits you best. i know of many who rate acca as the best, acca as the worst, cpa as the best, cpa as the worst,....
    read the sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rcoffey

thanks guys, chartered careers seems like a good route to take, in five years i just want to be earning a decent salary as i am a mature student with kids, the hardest part seems to be getting a foot in the door to get work experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭thomlin

Hi rcoffey,

I won't advise you on what path to take for professional bodies etc as there are enough threads here on that topic that will sum it up for you I've even replied to a few.

As for work experience I started off with a part time maternity contract and grew from there you could try doing some contract work to start with and gain experience and confidence over time you will find a better and more permanent position.

Best of luck

Tom

• Advertisement
Advertisement