Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

There are no cheap copies in Hodges Figgis <\3

They also have the book in Chapters on a stand on the right hand side of the shop. It's not a penguin classic edition but is only 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Hey, is this book club still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

cailinoBAC wrote:
    Hey, is this book club still running?

This sounds like fun :) I'd also be interested in coming along, if it's still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Legend_DIT

I think I'd also like to get involved in this if it's still going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Rats, been looking for a book club for a while to suggest new books, and guilt me into reading them. Now I find one started months ago, and further, I'm out of the country until April earliest, but perhaps June. Definitely 2007(ish).

Hopefully this will still be going when I get back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Giulietta

Hi is this still going? Would be interested in coming along!

Hmm, if we have a few more people maybe we could start our own one!

cailinoBAC wrote:
    Hmm, if we have a few more people maybe we could start our own one!

This sounds like a plan :D

And after this week I may actually have some time for extra reading :)

How about anyone who would be up for this posts again to show that they would definitely be up for it... and maybe some book suggestions? Or should we meet first and then decide on a book...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

I second the second club idea :)

I'm still interested in this... I think we should follow on from the original book club and meet on a Tuesday in the IFC.

I propose the 23rd January.

I might be able to sell a few books to ye lot as well! :p - Far too many cluttering up my room!

• Advertisement

Legend_DIT wrote:
    I'm still interested in this... I think we should follow on from the original book club and meet on a Tuesday in the IFC.

I propose the 23rd January.

SOunds good to me :cool: Are we deciding on a book then or are we reading one before we meet up?... Although if its the second one, I really hope we choose a short one as I'm kinda busy this week and next week...

Sounds like a plan. I'm easy wrt choosing a book and meeting up OR meeting up and choosing a book (Think the latter may be better for some reason)

Yeah, I think meeting up and choosing a book is easier. Better way to get an idea of what people are in to. Maybe everybody could think of a few suggestions before.

cailinoBAC wrote:
    Yeah, I think meeting up and choosing a book is easier. Better way to get an idea of what people are in to. Maybe everybody could think of a few suggestions before.

Sounds good to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

What time are you lot thinking of meeting up? I might tag along.

I'm handy any day really just once we meet in the evening time. Anybody any preference as to the day so?

I'm handy any day really just once we meet in the evening time. Anybody any preference as to the day so?

I tend not to make plans very far in advance for anything ;) so any day should be ok for me really

Well, for me Tuesdays and Thursdays are best, so if it´s ok with everyone maybe we should go for the 23rd as was suggested...

Tuesday 23 is grand with me, as long as it's after 6pm or so

7.30? And how about we all bring a book - not necessarily one that you propose for the club to read but it'll serve as an identifier to the others that you're there for the book club...

• Advertisement

Sorry to be awkward but how about 7.45 or 8? I´m just finished on o´connell st at 7.30 and don´t want to miss out on too much!

cailinoBAC wrote:
    Sorry to be awkward but how about 7.45 or 8? I´m just finished on o´connell st at 7.30 and don´t want to miss out on too much!

Whatever time should be fine for me... I'll try to remember the random book too!

Yeah 8 would be grand for me too...

8 on Tuesday is grand with me too, see y'all then so

In the IFI bar, right?

Ok, see you guys tomorrow at 8. If you see somebody in a green coat standing at the entrance and looking confused, it´s probably me...

I don't think I'll be able to make it but hopefully I'll get in on time (stupid trains!)

Well see y'all tonight then... I'll be the little person all in black cept' for my silver shoes ;) At the entrance to the IFI rather than in the bar, right? Or well if I'm late I suppose you can all wander in. I'll just walk around the bar then holding my token book and hope that someone spots me!

I wasn't able to get in. Did you lot decide on a book?

John wrote:
    I wasn't able to get in. Did you lot decide on a book?

Yeah, there was 6 of us there - we chose "The Weight of Numbers" by Simon Ings.

We'll be meeting next on Tuesday Feb 13th at 8 in the IFI bar again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Alime

Hi,

I was looking for a reading club and I found this one. So you have the next meeting on 13th of February, right?

Advertisement