Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah bound to happen after the new TV deal and Network launch peaked it. Stock interest-wise WWE's never been getting more coverage. It'll go down and settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/84624/wwe-angry-birds-details-on-potential-new-wwe-games-being-released-.html?p=1
    Mike Rosen sent word that he recently took part in an online survey regarding new potential WWE videogames that could be released down the line online. The potential games were:

*Trouble always seems to find a way to the WWE Universe! Play as either John Cena or Daniel Bryan and go off on an adventure to rescue the Bella Twins, who have been kidnapped by the evil Mr. McMahon. Venture through 50 stages to rescue the Twins, grabbing extra powers and goodies over land, water, air, and fire along the way!

2.A turn-based combat role-playing game where you can assemble and lead teams of Superstars and Divas-your mission is to protect the WWE Universe from the clutches of evil wrestlers from another dimension!

3. You're the boss! Manage the ultimate team of WWE Superstars. Pick your wrestlers, train them, and have them fight your friends and other opponents in the ring!

4. The WWE Universe is way too big for just one Superstar! Collect a series of WWE Superstar action figures, each with unique abilities that unlock certain challenges and portals, and bring them to life on the big screen via your game console. Only you can put the right Superstar against the right challenge to save the WWE Universe. Put the action figures "in the ring" and let the adventures begin!

5. Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the WWE Universe! Use your favorite wrestling moves and slingshot your way through an action-packed journey from WrestleMania to Royal Rumble, facing the biggest WWE Superstars of all time! Can you become the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion with the help of the Angry Birds?

A WWE RPG could actually be good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That first game is the shìttest idea for a game since Atari thought it'd be a good idea to make one about ET

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Would love WWE : Championship Belt of Truth

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

GTR63 wrote: »
    That first game is the shìttest idea for a game since Atari thought it'd be a good idea to make one about ET

Just sounds like WWF Betrayal to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

#4 sounds like a WWE version of Skylanders, no thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just make WWE Fire Pro Wrestling for **** sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Powerslam interview with Steve Austin
    PS: You must be tired of answering this question, but it’s one Power Slam readers never tire of asking us. Physically, you look great, even at the age of 49. Do you ever think about returning to the ring for another match or a short run?

Austin: Remember that WWF Attitude promo they did with me saying, “When the glass music hits, I may as well be a junkie, because I’m addicted”? Well, I meant it, and I miss what I did every day. So, yeah, I think about coming back all the time. But the time for any kind of in-ring return came and went three or four years ago. There were talks, but I said right from the start that I needed the right opponent and the right angle to get ‘Stone Cold’ coming back to make sense. And I, Steve Williams, needed four-to-six months to get my ass in shape, so I looked like ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin again. Those things [were never met], so it never happened.
    - See more at: http://www.psmag.co.uk/updates/14/Steve-Austin-interview.htm#sthash.MgeU6v5U.dpuf

His comments about the Hall of Fame being a work are (aside from being correct) kind of hilarious considering how many people seem to be a mark for it eg. Jim Ross throwing his weight around "I'm a hall of famer dammmit!"

Interesting too was that Austin said that Taker should retire after this years match with Lesnar.
    A WWE RPG does have its merits if for nothing to see "A wild Alex Riley has appeared" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

#4 sounds like a WWE version of Skylanders, no thank you!

They're all just WWE versions of other games. Mario, Final Fantasy, any simulation game, Skylanders and Angry Birds.

• Advertisement

New York Times piece on Vince McMahon and the Network. It mostly follows the Forbes article. I found it interesting that they used the word wrestling as I thought WWE's publicity dept. tried to stop the media calling WWE wrestling?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/31/business/media/the-body-slam-is-buffering.html?_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

New York Times piece on Vince McMahon and the Network. It mostly follows the Forbes article. I found it interesting that they used the word wrestling as I thought WWE's publicity dept. tried to stop the media calling WWE wrestling?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/31/business/media/the-body-slam-is-buffering.html?_r=0

They're more open to being called Wrestling at the moment because of the TV rights negotiations. Live sports get higher rights fees than other programming.

jamc wrote: »
    They're more open to being called Wrestling at the moment because of the TV rights negotiations. Live sports get higher rights fees than other programming.

Afaik that was the case in 2011 when they changed the name of the company to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

They're all just WWE versions of other games. Mario, Final Fantasy, any simulation game, Skylanders and Angry Birds.

The first one seems more of a Double Dragon rip off, unless Bryan and Cena are going to jump and squash Zach Ryder sprites.

WWE.com have an article up on 10 Wrestlemania matches that could have happened but didn't. As usual it's a mix of fact and fiction.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/10-wrestlemania-matches-that-almost-happened/page-1

20140321_article_scrapped-matches_tyson-hhh.jpg
    “Every now and then I would get something thrown at me to do something with somebody outside of the business. And I remember there was a discussion about [Super Bowl Champion] Ray Lewis, and at one point in time there was a discussion with me fighting a big Japanese guy who was the Pride Champion. We were trying to work out a deal where he could come to the U.S. and I would go to Japan. I don’t remember the guy’s name. This was when Ultimate Fighting first got big.

“A lot of ideas get bandied about, but we were going to do me vs. [Mike] Tyson in a boxer vs. wrestler match at WrestleMania X-Seven, with Mills Lane and Earl Hebner both in the ring. We were going to do six rounds. I don’t remember if it was going to be full boxing rules, or whether I was wearing gloves. But it ended up being a deal where the whole thing just would have been a ludicrous amount of money, and it got pushed off. I wrestled ‘Taker [instead] and that ended up becoming one of my favorite matches.” — TRIPLE H

AJ Lee went public on her eengagement to CM Punk backstage at Raw last night.

Had been rumoured Twitter all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »

:eek:

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

... waits for Gnfnrhead to post in denial about Punk's "wifey"

:eek:

:(

She did it for The Rock

AJ Lee's ring

5pMzaN.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Dangerous to wear that in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dangerous to wear that in the ring

a ring is always dangerous.

It appears John Cena may have finally put a ring on it. At the Wrestlemania press conference today, Josh Mathews announced John Cena as Nikki Bella’s fiancee when he was interviewing the Bella Twins about Total Divas and the Title Invitational at Wrestlemania. Nikki quickly corrected him, but appeared embarrassed. Has Josh dropped a potential clanger on what is to come on Total Divas?

Oh Josh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Jordyn Alive Tadpole

Oh Josh

Best of luck in your future endevours

The stream I watched Raw in last night had the off-air audio where you hear Cole et al talking to Kevin Dunn and Vince. I could hear Josh Matthews talking to someone either in gorilla or in the truck and he sounded like a scared little boy giving it all yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir.

Oh Josh

Josh & Cena have previous. Knowing WWE that is the plan for SummerSlam. Still sounds like a better idea than Orton vs Batista though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Actually walking out on the WWE, getting engaged to one Diva. Punk's changed, man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can't see them having AJ drop the title at Mania now if they want Punk to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

can't see them having AJ drop the title at Mania now if they want Punk to return.

I dont think they really care. She has lost almost every match since he left. Before he left, she almost always won. The only exception was usually tags where Tamina took the fall. If they are using her to get Punk back they are doing an awful job. Unless they are trying to guilt him into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The next stars of Total Divas :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement