Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'll hold you to that! ;)

Mmm paperchase... although after looking at my bank balance today after buying two new pairs of jeans and a dress i really didn't need, i think it'll be Lidl stationary for me this year (although I've already bought my paperchase pencilcase and a folder and a nice pen but that's it :()

Man I'm mad for a nice pen. I found a lovely one a few years ago and then tesco stopped stocking them! I checked every 2 weeks for months and they never came back in. So disappointing. I never really recovered after that haha

I can't wait to go shopping! I've bought a couple of bits and pieces but its always in sales... once I get paid I'm gonna go mental, throw out all my clothes and start again. Well, maybe not but I'm gonna buy loads :p

Why is the nice stuff written in tiny font? It's okay I'll go away now, curiosity brought me here but it's a scary place..:rolleyes:

Cause I don't want the cool kids seeing me being uncool :p

Stay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Man I'm mad for a nice pen. I found a lovely one a few years ago and then tesco stopped stocking them! I checked every 2 weeks for months and they never came back in. So disappointing. I never really recovered after that haha

Oh don't get me started on pen love...

I have my nice inky one for filling in forms/signing stuff/writing in my journal thingy, that's blue ink and is gorgeous to look at even

then I have these ones that you click down at the top to write and then click them back up at the side, I love them, they're from lidl actually now that I think of it although when I worked in the bookshop we had similar ones for a euro. they're blue aswell

I have good biros in red, green, black and purple and they're just for notes and stuff, I never write with them *shudders*

and I have a cool silver pen my boyf got me for drawing stars on stuff.

and I haven't even got started. <3 pens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ah that Mantra thread, I had forgotten ye. Maybe I'll wander back in there once I've had a goo about the place. Why the fuck didn't we organise our beers for in there?!

Sometimes it be kinda daunting to come in to the General discussion of the board... you feel like you're intruding or something. And there's normally conversations going on in it already so you're just jumping in to the middle when you try and add something... I'm always suspicious of newbies in OUR thread haha

Ah, I'm messing. newbies more than welcome!
    *takes a nervous step into thread

are we really welcome?:p

jpcarlow wrote: »
    *takes a nervous step into thread

are we really welcome?:p

Allow me to extend the warm arm of friendship out to you on behalf of all of the Maynooth students... who post on this board. :p

Actually, are any of you coming to the drinks on Wednesday? It's on in Caulfields at half eight. Staaaaaaalllll it.

/puts the blanchardstown-ness away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Allow me to extend the warm arm of friendship out to you on behalf of all of the Maynooth students... who post on this board. :p

Actually, are any of you coming to the drinks on Wednesday? It's on in Caulfields at half eight. Staaaaaaalllll it.

Well then.. I suppose we'll have to stay..

I'd love to stalllllllllllllll it (it's okay I live in north dub) but can't- 17 syndrome..:rolleyes:

thank you very much for the warm welcome, i can see i've definitely made the right choice in coming to maynooth:D

any of the freshers? i could be, i've a friend who was a fresher last year and he said he's basically taking me everywhere to get used to it

Well then.. I suppose we'll have to stay..

I'd love to stalllllllllllllll it (it's okay I live in north dub) but can't- 17 syndrome..:rolleyes:

Aw, that's a bit Shit. Another time so!
    jpcarlow wrote: »
    thank you very much for the warm welcome, i can see i've definitely made the right choice in coming to maynooth:D

any of the freshers? i could be, i've a friend who was a fresher last year and he said he's basically taking me everywhere to get used to it

Excellent idea! He'll show you the ropes good and proper.

ha the only thing is, i dont drink, i've a feeling he might try to change that;)

I know.. give me a 2 months and 2 days.. not that I'm counting..:D

I'll try not to let it stop me havin fun though.. *pessimistic sigh*

• Advertisement

I know.. give me a 2 months and 2 days.. not that I'm counting..:D

I'll try not to let it stop me havin fun though.. *pessimistic sigh*

You'll be grand, I turned 17 just before I started college, was 17 for all of first year until July. You'll be graaaaaand, trust me ;)

There's a really broad range of ages in Maynooth... just thinking about it now. I was 19 starting first year and have a friend who was 20 starting, most of my friends made in college are about the same age but there are some people who'll be 19 going in to third year, Allandanyways will you be nineteen graduating? Madness.

You'll be grand, I turned 17 just before I started college, was 17 for all of first year until July. You'll be graaaaaand, trust me ;)

Ha thanks.. I think I'll survive.. all my friends are already 18 so I'm used to it.. everybody have lots of houseparties...

Allandanyways will you be nineteen graduating? Madness.

I will indeedy. Well, I'll be 19 when I sit my finals and 20 when I actually graduate (Bday July 29th)

I am, for a fact, the 3rd youngest person in my year in the BA and I think out of the Science course people who started in 07 aswell, actually maybe the 2nd youngest, cos the youngest lad isn't coming back this year.

It's something I'm not sure whether or not to be proud of, but it's a good fact to throw out there anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

For anyone with PC or laptop problem during the year I'd highly recommend the 'PC Doctor + More' on top of the Main St. They are very reasonable with their prices and offer a fast and friendly service. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

My life is so incredibly busy (*cough*) that I'm only getting to watch Tubridys first Late Late now. Dire stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

which bit's the dire bit? not getting to watch it til now or the show itself? i've heard everyone going on about this damn program-what's the big deal?...i've never liked it and i don't like ryan tubbridy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

which bit's the dire bit? not getting to watch it til now or the show itself? i've heard everyone going on about this damn program-what's the big deal?...i've never liked it and i don't like ryan tubbridy!

He is dire, the stage is dire, yer one from the Corrs was soul-crushing, that idiot who went out with Kerry Katona looks like he buys his stubble in a shop and the interview was dire, and the whole shambolic affair is just, well, dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

you didn't watch the whole thing did you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Only watched the Brian Cowen part in Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

So howsabout those kids from Lucan on the X Factor? WTF, the little freaks from the bus made it onto tv!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Do explain!

I think I speak for the whole of Ireland when I say.... dicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Holy christ almighty where's my shotgun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

There's actually one thing I like about that video, his response to where he sees himself in the future.

What I did today...

I made buns that look like ice cream

9029_130120448219_735528219_2462553_2682892_n.jpg

:D

Michelllleeeee.....what time are YOU getting to the nooth later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I think I speak for the whole of Ireland when I say.... dicks.

No, you don't.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Michelllleeeee.....what time are YOU getting to the nooth later on?

I'm getting the train at half eight. Should get to Caulfields at about nine or so! :D

... Have you started already?! :D:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement