Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gabriele wrote: »
    the car was a gray ford mondeo 00-d-5xxx2

Almost certainly a Garda car. They really are out to annoy you arent they.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Almost certainly a Garda car. They really are out to annoy you arent they.

Garda's cars out there??? that's a really funny statement....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Anyone thinking that getting out of Dublin 15 will evade petty crime is sorely mistaken. Despite the bullsh1t crime statistics, the amount of burglary and larceny going on is like a plague, all over the City and the countryside. In fact with the aggression and boldness of some of the rural home burglaries Id much rather live in an urban/suburban spot

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking that getting out of Dublin 15 will evade petty crime is sorely mistaken. Despite the bullsh1t crime statistics, the amount of burglary and larceny going on is like a plague, all over the City and the countryside. In fact with the aggression and boldness of some of the rural home burglaries Id much rather live in an urban/suburban spot

Assholes are everywhere, and this cannot be denied, but security becomes as well a matter of perception, and honestly after 2 house burglary (tentative, fortunately no success, we have a good security in place) 1 wallet pickpocket, and 2 bike stolen, the second one in the middle of the day, in front of dart commuter and a cctv camera... I am sorry but you cannot deny that our opinion on the security of the area is quite negative at the moment... and except for anything exceptional, a change of mind will be very difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

and 2 bike stolen, the second one in the middle of the day, in front of dart commuter and a cctv camera... I am sorry but you cannot deny that our opinion on the security of the area is quite negative at the moment... and except for anything exceptional, a change of mind will be very difficult

Take a look at the stolen bikes thread over in the Cycling forum, bike theft is rife from homes and sheds around the city and in areas you would think would be safer than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Today instead, brand new bike parked in front of clonsilla train station robbed in the middle of the day, between 8am and 5 pm... the only thing remaining are the two locks on the trash bin in front of the bike parking space... ah there was a nice camera pointing exactly over my bike...(a red hybrid carrera... half price on sale... :( )
    Really sorry to hear about this.

What type of lock did you have? A good one is a worthwhile investment.
    My Abus u-lock cost almost 90 euro and I am about to buy another chain lock for 80 euro.

daymobrew wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear about this.

What type of lock did you have? A good one is a worthwhile investment.
    My Abus u-lock cost almost 90 euro and I am about to buy another chain lock for 80 euro.

Stupidly enough two "cheap" locks, and not the motorbike ones... I tough that there was no need since the bike was park in the middle of the street, during day time and with a cctv monitored rack... honestly that was naive from my side.

Now I might buy a very cheap bike and spend a lot on the locks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just an FYI, there was a smartly-dressed couple walking through my estate today (Clonee) asking if there was any Latvian or Russian people living on the road. We told them it was none of their business. They then came back a while later and rang on our doorbell again and tried to give us some religious literature which we didn't want. The only reason I say this is that I think they might have been scoping out which houses were occupied or unoccupied. The same people were seen in the estate a few weeks ago and after that there was two break-ins in the area, one in the middle of the day and one at night, in both cases the burglar came in through a downstairs window by removing the window pane first. Just letting people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

At 2215 thursday 29th august a kia rio had window broken and access to rear door gained, they robbed the rear lens panels. Castleknock area. Fingerprints taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

horse7 wrote: »
    At 2215 thursday 29th august a kia rio had window broken and access to rear door gained, they robbed the rear lens panels. Castleknock area. Fingerprints taken.

So they broke into the car just to rob the rear lens, that's madness, presume it had no alarm.

• Advertisement

No alarm,standard immobiliser, this model car,different colour, looks like they are stealing to order. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYLjnGhaCOjqzwzo221qqMn4Ku2uHDewI3qnY0zCpr2F8AGvw9

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Incident of a bicycle stolen from my neighbour's shed last night, their young teenagers bike which he'd gotten for Christmas. Nothing else taken, our own shed was left untouched with bikes inside (though not as nice as the young lads) so on the surface it would seem that maybe he was spotted on it and targeted for theft :(

Heard about this in the same discussion;
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-struggle-with-knife-wielding-man-in-post-office-1065662-Sep2013/

as another neighbour had gone to the Spar and seen the aftermath. Wasn't the nicest of neighbourly chats unfortunately, however I guess according to the news story its good to have had someone obviously violent and with outstanding warrants picked up.

And what area is your neighbours shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

The Willows in Hartstown

All very quite on this forum, is it nice and sleepy or are people not reporting incidents here.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

About 3 weeks ago in Allendale a few houses were getting robbed during the day for jewelry etc..they were getting in by removing the porch door at the back..literally taking the door off.
    They were driving a black VW Golf with fake plates on it captured by cctv in the estate..anyway

About 2 weeks ago the same thieves got caught by the police in the estate,the were in the process of robbing a house,3 men altogether only 1 was caught..pepper spray,police helicopter etc..they recovered the VW in the estate aswell..

Good to keep the d15 informed. I have heard of more snaplocking and cars taken in castleknock. Apparently this was a month ago and the cars were recovered, so change your front/back door locks before its to late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

so change your front/back door locks before its to late.

Change the what type locks to what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Very interesting, Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whatsername42

The applegreen garage on clonsilla road was held up in an attempted armed robbery tonight. The gardai nabbed them on the way out!

Glad they caught the fuckers

Reminds me, I heard that the Spar in Littlepace was robbed the week before last during the daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Arciphel wrote: »

Reminds me, I heard that the Spar in Littlepace was robbed the week before last during the daytime.

Unless you are referring to a different time, a neighbour of mine saw it being robbed at 9:30pm, he caught a video of them doing it on his phone.

Yes Fletch, the wife told me two attempts in the space of ten days. Not sure if they got anything but staff pretty shook up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The Spar in Waterville was robbed about 6 weeks ago just before closing time.

Fletch, did your mate give that video to the guards? If it was the same people who did the Apple Green it could be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Fletch, did your mate give that video to the guards? If it was the same people who did the Apple Green it could be useful.
    I must ask him....I only saw it on Facebook and he's since removed it so perhaps he did show it to them and they advised him to take it down.

Any new reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Fitted my new anti bump, pull, pick, snap front and back door locks this weekend, glad I got what I think are the best (ABS) for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Video going around Facebook this evening of the Champion Sports in the retail park being robbed by two men in motorcycle helmets. Absolutely astonishing how casual the whole thing is, not from the raiders themselves (who are shouting) but from the staff and customers, who remain incredibly calm. A sad thing to see, really.

Advertisement