Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to live in Kildare, new job in Naas

• 05-10-2012 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I have been offered a new job in Naas, could anyone recommend where to look for accommodation / to live?

I will have a car so a 20 mins drive from Naas would be fine for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a mill
    E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Naas town itself isn't bad. It has a swimming pool, a cinema, a good few pubs, nightclubs, and other things.

I suppose it boils down to which side of the town are you working in? There'd be no point having to drive through traffic when you could just rent a place on the side of Naas town that your job is, and there are a few nice estates in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eoshea

Thanks the_syco - I am going to be located in and around the Osprey Hotel - no idea what side of Naas that is on! Need to get a detailed map. Appreciate the feedback though!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

eoshea wrote: »
    I am going to be located in and around the Osprey Hotel
    Seems it's to the south east of Naas town, so you should be spared most of the traffic. There are quite a number of estates within walking distance of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

there would be more options on the other side of the town to live (more estates)
    New Caragh Court is on the Osrey side of town...maybe Jigginstown or Arconagh. Nothing else worth mentioning that side I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I highly recommend Kilcullen. But then I'm biased. We've been living here for 5 years and love it. It's 11k from Naas, on the side of the town you'll be working on.

It's smaller than Naas, but has a good few pubs and restaurants, shops etc. You'd have to travel to Naas or Newbridge for things like cinema or gym, but it's not a long trip at all.

To my mind it's the best of both worlds, a small town setting with larger towns easily accessible. The M9 goes to Kilcullen too so easy access to the rest of the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

eoshea wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have been offered a new job in Naas, could anyone recommend where to look for accommodation / to live?

I will have a car so a 20 mins drive from Naas would be fine for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks a mill
    E

the hotel is at the top end of town if you drive straight through the town for the naas exext on the N7 you go past the courthouse on your right there is a right turn on to old limerick road which brings you directly to newbridge. you could rent in newbridge or get a place at the top end of the town.

Advertisement