Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The radio code megathread (No ford "V" codes available, See post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FKhan

Hey Guys

I can't find serial nr for my Ford Mondeo radio
    I looked in user guide, dash board, glove compartment etc

Also does anyone know how to take radio out, i tried to pull it out with two screw drivers but it didn't work

I have downloaded that Ford code calculator

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

FKhan wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I can't find serial nr for my Ford Mondeo radio
    I looked in user guide, dash board, glove compartment etc

Also does anyone know how to take radio out, i tried to pull it out with two screw drivers but it didn't work

I have downloaded that Ford code calculator

Thanks

New model Mondeo or old model Mondeo?

On the old one you might be able to bend a coat hanger in to fit in to the 2 holes on either side of the radio.

On the new model you have to take the trim off from the cup holder all the way up and there are 4xTorx screws holding it in.

Thanks ROR
    this 02 Mondeo, must be old cos i can see four holes, 2 on both sides
    so i should stick use 2 coat hanger in each hole on both sides & pull it out?

FKhan wrote: »
    Thanks ROR
    this 02 Mondeo, must be old cos i can see four holes, 2 on both sides
    so i should stick use 2 coat hanger in each hole on both sides & pull it out?

I think that will work - never tried it myself so can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

This clip shows how to remove it.

• Advertisement

Thanks ROR

Thanks for the video, Hal

I borrowed this radio removal tool from a local garage, got code from calculator & its done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 curry89

Hello, looking for the code for a 2006 RDS Serial no: M242384
    Please help! Thanks

Kind regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try 6068, then hit #5 to store it.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Try 6068, then hit #5 to store it.

ok thanks.. but when i try to enter this code the stereo doesnt write in those numbers.. when i press the power button it first says my register number and after that CODE----, but when i press the numbers it does not happen anything how come?

curry89 wrote: »
    ok thanks.. but when i try to enter this code the stereo doesnt write in those numbers.. when i press the power button it first says my register number and after that CODE----, but when i press the numbers it does not happen anything how come?

Press the 1 button 6 times to get a no. 6, 2 button 10 times to get 0 etc.

Once the screen reads 6068 press the 5 button.

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Press the 1 button 6 times to get a no. 6, 2 button 10 times to get 0 etc.

Once the screen reads 6068 press the 5 button.

ye i tried this thing already.. but the screen get freezed with this CODE----.

i pressed all the button and nothing happens its all freezed, but when i press the power button the stereo shut down.. its the only button that works.

whats the problem ?

ye i tried this thing already.. but the screen get freezed with this CODE----.

i pressed all the button and nothing happens its all freezed, but when i press the power button the stereo shut down.. its the only button that works.

whats the problem ?

Did you try putting the code in a few times before and get it wrong? They lock up after 3 wrong attempts I think.

Try leaving it off for an hour and give it another go.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Did you try putting the code in a few times before and get it wrong? They lock up after 3 wrong attempts I think.

Try leaving it off for an hour and give it another go.

i havent entered a code in like 3-4 months, the screen says CODE---- you know.. and i have in mind that the - should blink when you are about to enter the first number etc... but its all like CODE---- freezed, nothing blink or anything. I havent got any chances at all to enter the code thats the thing.. you got any more idea what the problem could be?

i havent entered a code in like 3-4 months, the screen says CODE---- you know.. and i have in mind that the - should blink when you are about to enter the first number etc... but its all like CODE---- freezed, nothing blink or anything. I havent got any chances at all to enter the code thats the thing.. you got any more idea what the problem could be?

Afraid not - it's been a while since I've had to enter a code.

A trip to a Ford garage may be in order by the sounds of it.

ok anyways thanks alot for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

yuramail wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just tried to generate code for my 6000 CD using calculator provided by MalevolencE.
    When finished typing serial number in program window - nothing happens. No generated code, no response from program. Didn't find out how it supposed to work.:(

Any help would be appreciated, my S/N is M074360.

Thanks in advance,

Do you not mean the calculator that I posted?:pac:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bigd1978

Hi can anyone tell me were i will find the serial number?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

bigd1978 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me were i will find the serial number?

Hi,
    If You Remove The Stereo you should find the serial number printed on the side of the unit,it will start with a letter:)(ie-M........)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 r_roisin

I'm either seriously retarded or that ford focus calculator wont operate on my p.c.

Can someone please help a desparately seeking music lover without a radio. I've a ford focus, serial No. M178744 - the radio restored after a bad attempt of putting in a bluetooth set.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

it's 2746 roisin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 r_roisin

it's 2746 roisin
    #

Thanks a million John - that worked great - i now have music again!

Really appreciate that, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

rather than starting a new thread I thought I'd just add this in here.

I've got an 05 Fiesta Ghia that I need to get the radio code for. Its a 4500 radio in it, with the separate unit (for tuner/display etc)

Can't see any stickers anywhere with the serial number, so I'm assuming I'll have to remove the radio itself to have a look. Am guessing I'll have to remove the trim from around the centre console to get at the radio? I've located a number of screws around the trim, which appear to be holding it in place. There isn't an easier way to get the code by any chance, just before I start taking thing apart :)

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

Dr Galen wrote: »

I've got an 05 Fiesta Ghia that I need to get the radio code for. Its a 4500 radio in it, with the separate unit (for tuner/display etc)

Can't see any stickers anywhere with the serial number, so I'm assuming I'll have to remove the radio itself to have a look. Am guessing I'll have to remove the trim from around the centre console to get at the radio? I've located a number of screws around the trim, which appear to be holding it in place. There isn't an easier way to get the code by any chance, just before I start taking thing apart :)

Cheers

DrG

I know to get the serial number my 04 mondeo i had to turn on the radio, hold 6 and press 1.

Can anyone please tell me my code.
    Its a 6000cd and the serial number is M032790

Much appreciated!!

Geezy wrote: »
    I know to get the serial number my 04 mondeo i had to turn on the radio, hold 6 and press 1.

Can anyone please tell me my code.
    Its a 6000cd and the serial number is M032790

Much appreciated!!

4381:)

Dr Galen wrote: »

Cheers

DrG

Try underneath the Ashtray or glovebox for the code sticker or maybe the Handbook.
    there should be 2 holes on either side of the stereo which you can remove it with the proper keys;),then you will find the code normally on the side of the stereo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yuramail

mullingar wrote: »
    Do you not mean the calculator that I posted?:pac:;)
    Yeap, mate.

I meant it. No response, no generated code, just nothing. Seem's like no action taken by pressing the botton.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Geezy

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    4381:)

Thanks for that mondeoman2

I managed to download the code generator in the end.. i really should have posted on this to let you guys know.

Thanks all the same tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fredy

hey i lost my radio code for ford mondeo 2001 {6000 cd rds E-O-N}
    Serial no . M161805
    Part no . YS4F-18C815-AA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fredy

Hey dose any one know a place in net where can ya see how to but the engine belt back to ford mondeo 2001 1,8LX petrol ...

Advertisement