Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleanser advice?

• 21-02-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

I’m looking for a new cleanser. I normally use Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion which is great for removing make-up and is gentle on my skin which is very sensitive. However, I’m looking for something a bit more intensive as the pores on my nose and chin are quite blocked. I have tried those pore cleansing strips before but didn’t find them that good. Maybe I need to use a mask or something…
    All suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I have a similar problem. I started using Clinique gentle foaming liquid wash (and the whole toner and moisturisor set) - It's very good and I got an Eve Lom muslin facecloth in a travel set in eBay and I use that with it.

They tell you to use run the Eve Lom facecloth under hot water and press on your face for 5 seconds, repeat this two or three times and then run it under cold and press that against your face.

I can't unblock the pores because I wear make up over it every day but it's definately helping, I don't have such bad break outs any more and I have VERY sensitive skin and it doesn't irratate me.

Dermalogica is meant to be the biz too but I've never tried it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Use a cleanser for oily or combination skin. I use a Nivea one and find it really good and I exfoliate twice a week.

A beautician warned me off foaming facial washes because they dry your skin out & make it produce more oil and told me not to use toner but I presume it depends on your skin they might work for you.

If you have the cash maybe go for a facial & see what they reccomend. Just take their genral advice & you don't necessarily have to buy the expensive salon products if you don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I was just reading some hippy website there and they recommended using honey. I tried it just a few seconds ago - wet my hands, rubbed some honey on palms, massaged it onto face and washed it off - it feels very nice so far. Less dryness than with my usual Clinique cleanser. Well, hopefully I won't have turned into the Honey Monster by the morning! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Update: well, no complaints here! Honey seems to be a good alternative cleanser!

Although, op, I always remove make up before cleansing - it's hard to find a product that's good at removing make up without being too hard for cleansing imho. Me, for make up removal, I use mostly baby oil or olive oil.

Advertisement