Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting Audi TT mk2 remapped, chippedire or autoremap, and some advice?

• 20-07-2014 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Looking at getting my 2.0 TFSI TT remapped.

I've heard great things about this guy Joe Power, does he still work for chippedire? The site seems to be down so can't get any details.
    Also people are saying martin at autoremap is also good.

Has anyone any suggestions or recent experience with either place????

And if there's anyone who's got the same 2.0 TFSI engine, realistically what gains will i be looking at for a safe remap?
    Stage 1 maybe, 240-250bhp at the wheel?

I've got simple upgrades at the moment, pipercross panel filter and GFB+ upgraded diverter value.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

I've had Joe power remap 2 of my cars, i would use him again in the morning.

Realistically you are probably going to see 240 ish at the crankshaft and probably around 225ish (presuming it's FWD?) at the wheels, you are currently at 200 at the crank and about 185 at the wheels so it will feel like a different car and you will be glad you got it done.

If you plan to mod it further e.g exhaust,intercooler etc then leave the mapping till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭gfoster

Thanks for the reply.
    240 is a nice figure, the car is fast enough for irish roads but I'd just like to get the full potential out the engine. Plus mainly tweak throttle response etc to get the power down faster.
    Where is joe power based at the moment, is he in chippedire still?
    If you have a number that'd be perfect as the site was down earlier.
    Thanks
    tossy wrote: »
    I've had Joe power remap 2 of my cars, i would use him again in the morning.

Realistically you are probably going to see 240 ish at the crankshaft and probably around 225ish (presuming it's FWD?) at the wheels, you are currently at 200 at the crank and about 185 at the wheels so it will feel like a different car and you will be glad you got it done.

If you plan to mod it further e.g exhaust,intercooler etc then leave the mapping till the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

gfoster wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    240 is a nice figure, the car is fast enough for irish roads but I'd just like to get the full potential out the engine. Plus mainly tweak throttle response etc to get the power down faster.
    Where is joe power based at the moment, is he in chippedire still?
    If you have a number that'd be perfect as the site was down earlier.
    Thanks

I don't know where he is based, he was chippedIRE then TDR performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Joe is based out of Black Church Motors in Greenogue Industrial Estate, Rathcoole. Was only up with him myself a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭gfoster

Great stuff, thanks for the help lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

Do you know where this infamous Joe Power is now ...
    - I haven't bought the car yet; hopefully a 1.9tdi Superb ........... I'm curious about a price etc ..........

Anyone know where Joe Power can be found?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

IRL-Tony wrote: »
    Anyone know where Joe Power can be found?

BlackChurch Motors
    410H Grants Park, Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole,
    Co. Dublin, Ireland

(01) 401 9798
    (087) 660 7766

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

NickDunne wrote: »
    BlackChurch Motors
    410H Grants Park, Greenogue Business Park, Rathcoole,
    Co. Dublin, Ireland

(01) 401 9798
    (087) 660 7766

I've another mobile for him just in case: 0879113843. He's a good guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

IRL-Tony wrote: »
    Do you know where this infamous Joe Power is now ...
    - I haven't bought the car yet; hopefully a 1.9tdi Superb ........... I'm curious about a price etc ..........
    About 250 ish. One of the best remaps got out of that 1.9tdi engine in the older passats. A 130BHP standard gets to nearly 180. Savage difference. As with all remaps, if you have a heavy right foot, the stock clutch lifespan will be dramatically reduced.

• Advertisement

How does a price of €320 for a re-map sound?

- the theory is that it will bring a 115bhp tdi up to about 145bhp.
    - apparently the time allotted for the re-map task is 1.5hrs.
    - the task is to be done by a guy who gets many thumbs-up on boards.ie.

Sound good folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PBWXFORD

If its anything to do with Joe "no" Power id stay away, and also take his dyno figures with a pinch of salt!! Long story but basically he mapped my car, charged me €580 then wouldnt sort it when it wasnt done right and as soon as i told him i was getting software to read his map for the UK mapper (whom i bought the hybrid etc from) to sort for me, free of charge i might add, he wouldnt answer my calls or texts and even blocked me on facebook! Basically with his map car made 200bhp 301lb/ft but with a proper map and only a change of map nothing else the car made 246bhp and 360lb/ft.

Also funnily enough i had him dyno my car before he mapped it and it showed 164bhp when it came from the factory with 147bhp and then minus a few horses from age!

And just to add a chap i know bought a Golf tdi last year which was mapped by Joe and had a dyno print out from him showing 183bhp, i told him he should dyno it himself and surprisingly he did and it only made 154bhp

I still have the map file he put on my car and have sent it to alot of well known mappers both here and the UK just to get their opinion without telling them whos it was until they told me what they think and they all told me the same thing, worst attempt at a map they have ever seen! He never evenmapped out the egr he only turned out the eml light so it wouldnt come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stonebob

Thanks for that

Advertisement