Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question about 5 year rule

• 09-09-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Does the second chance student cover fees and student contribution charges? Or just fees? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Both

But for the grant one you have to be over 23

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just 5 years from education or study, age is not part of the second chance rule.

Second chance rule undergraduate:
    Started but not completed a previous undergraduate course and have not attended any study on a course that may lead to a major qualification on the NFQ.

So a person that started college at 17 (there are a few) and left after their first year/semester can return to college a 23 (22 January First) as a second chance student.

For Example:
    Year 08/09 First Year, 17 years of age. (Say with D.O.B. 03/03/1991)
    Year 09/10 No Education, 18 years of age.
    Year 10/11 No Education, 19 years of age.
    Year 11/12 No Education, 20 years of age.
    Year 12/13 No Education, 21 years of age.
    Year 13/14 No Education, 21 years of age.
    Year 14/15 First Year, 23 years of age. Second Chance Student. (They are 22 on the first of January 2014 and therefore still a dependent student)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Advertisement