Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is gay marriage a threat to humanity?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I usually bite my tongue with these matters. But gay marriage is wrong. So wrong. It should never happen. Its against God.

As you guessed it, I am messing. lol. I support it. But lets see how many people get back to tear me a new one without seeing this hidden bit lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Hopefully when he kicks the bucket, the sooner the better (so he can be closer to god), they'll put someone in charge that's in touch with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Humanity could do with being put in a bit of danger.

But it won't be gay marriage that spells the end of us I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

I don't think even the gays or superman could save humanity at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭niemad

Gotta love free will without the right to use it :D

How can anyone say "The family unit is fundamental for the educational process and for the development both of individuals and states; hence there is a need for policies which promote the family and aid social cohesion and dialogue", while trying to oppress people's freedom of choice....

Isn't that what the aim of education is to give people the best understanding of there environment and hopefully flourish and add to society. Being able to understand other peoples choices is another valuable lesson taught by education and development.

If you think of it logically how can gay marriage be a threat to humanity, just how... Stumps me, like if world wide tomorrow every gay person got married would our little planet implode or would a plague break out?? I say not :P

I say feck all would happen, a lot of happiness for the people who would be able to live the life THEY wished for, just like EVERYONE wants.

Be yourself, be true :)

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    Hopefully when he kicks the bucket, the sooner the better (so he can be closer to god), they'll put someone in charge that's in touch with reality.

You mean like an Atheist pope like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

What is it with certain celibate religious leaders being absolutely obsessed with what other people's sex lives !?!

Seriously, does the Pope not think there are FAR more pressing matters than worrying about gay couples getting some human rights?

Pete M. wrote: »
    You mean like an Atheist pope like?

Well...

No, just a pope that has enough cop on to realise what's happening in society. Sure gay people have been around longer than the church, it's not as if it's a new fad or something. Let gay people get married if they want to, it would be a master stroke PR wise for the RC Church if they did. The church need to move with the times, they're becoming more and more irrelevant even amongst the firmest of believers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Solair wrote: »
    What is it with certain celibate religious leaders being absolutely obsessed with what other people's sex lives !?!

Seriously, does the Pope not think there are FAR more pressing matters than worrying about gay couples getting some human rights?

its probably a thing that he thinks will get him a few extra brownie points with the hicks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

Solair wrote: »

Think he's worried because it signifies the arrival of the days of the anti christ.

I might be taking the pi$s but I'm not entirely sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I am absolutely sure that gay marriage caused the last two severe winters in Ireland and is responsible for the wet winter we are in now, amongst other things like tsunamis, earth quakes, floods, climate change etc pp.

I am awaiting the swarms of locusts with baited breath.

Why would anyone pay any heed to what he has to say? Cults baffle me but this fisherman's club takes the biscuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Well...

No, just a pope that has enough cop on to realise what's happening in society.
    In fairness it's not a pope's nor a priest's job to merely reflect the opinions of society. They're there to further and perpetuate their ideals and they are perfectly entitled to do so. In fairness to Ratzinger, he is only being honest about Roman Catholic dogma in condemning homosexuality. We can't blame him for that.

The real people who deserve criticism are the minions who fill his pews and give him his megaphone to hate and condemn.

Well...

No, just a pope that has enough cop on to realise what's happening in society. Sure gay people have been around longer than the church, it's not as if it's a new fad or something. Let gay people get married if they want to, it would be a master stroke PR wise for the RC Church if they did. The church need to move with the times, they're becoming more and more irrelevant even amongst the firmest of believers.

I don't hold out much hope on that I'm afraid.
    As long as it is in existence, the RC Church and many others will continue to discriminate against other non-believers and promote hatred.
    That's just what they do.
    Rotten to the core, the institution that is.
    I feel sorry though for your average innocent believer.

Yay for gay marriage by the way :D

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I usually bite my tongue with these matters. But gay marriage is wrong. So wrong. It should never happen. Its against God.

As you guessed it, I am messing. lol. I support it. But lets see how many people get back to tear me a new one without seeing this hidden bit lol.

i'd like to tear you a new one, but for a different reason... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ridiculous
    Factually incorrect, perhaps; but not ridiculous, IMO. They have extreme right-wing Catholicism in common, and Pope Ben's casuistry regarding gay marriage is the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from a tyrannical regime, eg that of Robert Mugabe (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8912132/Mugabe-calls-David-Cameron-satanic-for-backing-gay-rights.html)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

EGAR wrote: »

I am awaiting the swarms of locusts with baited breath.

Excellent. I've had this recipe for locust bread for years but could never get the ingredients. Wonder if you can freeze it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

RichieC wrote: »
    Shoit.. I've been saying Holy sea all these years.. what an idiot :o
    Ah no, Dougal. Sure then you'd have Holy Seamen all over the plaice. I prefer tartare sauce, to be honest.

Not your ornery onager

later10 wrote: »
    In fairness it's not a pope's nor a priest's job to merely reflect the opinions of society. They're there to further and perpetuate their ideals and they are perfectly entitled to do so. In fairness to Ratzinger, he is only being honest about Roman Catholic dogma in condemning homosexuality. We can't blame him for that.

The real people who deserve criticism are the minions who fill his pews and give him his megaphone to hate and condemn.

It's up to the pope to study and interpret the bible, there are plenty of Christian religions, German Lutheran for example, that accept gay people and gay relationships.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

efb wrote: »
    Joe Ratzinger
    I'm sure his cult of protecting the peado priests has done a better job at destroying families than a couple of gays have ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

there are plenty of Christian religions, German Lutheran for example, that accept gay people and gay relationships.
    Yes, and Quakers and Anglicans (the latter to a lesser extent) too; but I didn't say anything about Christians in general.

The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic church. There are lots of alternatives out there for Roman Catholics, but that is Roman Catholic dogma. Sadly, some people see their future within that church regardless.
    It's up to the pope to study and interpret the bible,
    Not according to the Roman Catholic Church, which is less dependent on the bible than other sects. The RCC suggests that his role is to rule on moral law and Catholic dogma within the Roman Catholic church; he's not just some Sunday school teacher, but an infallible representative of God (they say).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Not having gay marriage in law is not discrimination.

Are gay couples going to say that now that nature itself must change as it discriminates against them when it comes to having children that are biologically from both of the gay couple?

I think the threat is everyone feeling they have some right to this, that and the other, that all traditions must be swept out, otherwise these new discriminations are invented as everything must be homogenised.

It is gone to the point where allowing a difference is now seen as discrimination, though gay couples will never say nature discriminated against them when it came to having biological children from of the same sex couple.

The church gets it's teaching on homosexuality from the bible where it states homosexual sex is a sin. The church will not change it's view as the bible will not be changing it's text, just as the rules of nature only allow for human life to be created naturally via a male/female relationship, to some that may be discrimination but it is no different to Pope Benedict being against gay marriage when the rules of the bible only allow for male/female marriage.

So the Pope thinks there will be consequences, according to the bible there was in the past.
    People are making a mountain out of a molehill, read the bible and it is clear that sex outside of marriage is not allowed and also homosexual sex is not allowed. Put that and what the bible said happened in Sodom and Gomorrah together and it is clear the Catholic church is sticking to the teaching of the bible unlike someother Christian faiths.

Anyway, the world is in a mess and it's getting worse, whether that is due to how society has gone is another matter.

Min wrote: »

Are gay couples going to say that now that nature itself must change as it discriminates against them when it comes to having children that are biologically from both of the gay couple?

I think the threat is everyone feeling they have some right to this, that and the other, that all traditions must be swept out, otherwise these new discriminations are invented as everything must be homogenised.

It is gone to the point where allowing a difference is now seen as discrimination, though gay couples will never say nature discriminated against them when it came to having biological children from of the same sex couple.

The church gets it's teaching on homosexuality from the bible where it states homosexual sex is a sin. The church will not change it's view as the bible will not be changing it's text, just as the rules of nature only allow for human life to be created naturally via a male/female relationship, to some that may be discrimination but it is no different to Pope Benedict being against gay marriage when the rules of the bible only allow for male/female marriage.

So the Pope thinks there will be consequences, according to the bible there was in the past.
    People are making a mountain out of a molehill, read the bible and it is clear that sex outside of marriage is not allowed and also homosexual sex is not allowed. Put that and what the bible said happened in Sodom and Gomorrah together and it is clear the Catholic church is sticking to the teaching of the bible unlike someother Christian faiths.

Anyway, the world is in a mess and it's getting worse, whether that is due to how society has gone is another matter.
    Science helped infertile couples have kids, and who knows what can be achieved in the future, but your right, biblical parables should be taken literally, but ill take that with a pinch of lott's salt.. mmm wifey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

What about couples that cant have children because they are too old, should they be allowed get married? Or who have biological barriers to reproduction?

People who want equality just want marriage, not some special "gay marriage", just plain simple marriage between two loving consenting adults.

Leave the biological parts of having children up to them to worry about, at least they will actually pay some heed to planning it - many hetrosexual couples, and individuals, and indeed The RCs own teaching doesnt exactly advocate family planning based on your ability or your environments conduciveness to raising a family!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A malignant cunt.
    Adding him to the list...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

the pope is NOT god . i belive in god and not the pope ! The Catholic church or the vatican or what ever have been full of ****e from day one ! Living like jesus and being "christian" went out the vatican window a long long time ago !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Marriage is not natural so I am unsure why you are hinging a discussion on biological issues.

Also, gay women can still have children naturally, just not with their same-sex partner. Why would you throw in a ridiculous argument about nature having to change when no gay person I have ever met, read or heard of has ever made the argument that it should?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

This raving lunatic and the utter shite he insists on coming out with is one of the main things that turned me away from the catholic fucking church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

This raving lunatic and the utter shite he insists on coming out with is one of the main things that turned me away from the catholic fucking church.

Grown men and women believing in fairy tales, magic and imaginary friends is what sealed the deal for me, but yeah he sucks too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

This Former Nazi, Joe Ratzinger seems to think so...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/09/us-pope-gay-idUSTRE8081RM20120109

What say boardsies?
    I say Ratzinger is an asshole!
    its probably a thing that he thinks will get him a few extra brownie points with the thicks

You made a spelling error.
    Its ok, I inserted it for you.

Advertisement