Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*All* Carry-on Baggage charges Queries & Questions ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Sorry to derail the thread a little, but speaking of getting people jobs in airports . . . we were stuck in a queue in Heathrow for about 30-40 minutes recently while they rebooked people ahead of us on flights. There were about 10 people manning the desks and *more than 10* doing things like telling people "nuffin' I can do, you have to queue there". I couldn't help wonder why they didn't put more of the queue managing people on the desks and reduce the queue that way instead.

Or why they don't allow people to use the same self-service check-ins they have on the landside - stick in your old boarding card, get suggested routings, pick one, done.

They also had loads of people at the x-rays instructing people on the correct way to self-load a tray with their stuff. Now, maybe it's just me, but I think a day of saying "You need to pick up a tray there and put your stuff in it, no, no, you need a different tray for that one. Excuse me Madam, you approached the wrong bay, please step back. No, the other bay" would be enough to drive most people insane. Why not employ people to *help* travelers instead of shouting instructions at them?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Irishvillian

Hi is it possible to bring a couple of power banks in my hand luggage on an aer lingus flight to Paris?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi is it possible to bring a couple of power banks in my hand luggage on an aer lingus flight to Paris?:confused:

Yup ... I have a 10000 milliamp in my bag all the time when flying aer lingus twice a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Indeed rechargeable batteries should in hand luggage.
    You shouldn't have a problem in Europe, but if going to the USA make sure they are charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have never had a problem flying with mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Hi All,

I plan on going to england in the next few weeks and plan to bring an external battery pack for my phone. The exact one is this model. I'm a little afraid that it'll get taken off me at security, either in Dublin or England.

Has anyone flown with battery packs before?

**Edit i'm flying with Ryanair if that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Take mine with me everywhere, never a problem.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

Quick question for those in the know! I know EI allow you to carry a backpack and bring a small suitcase on as non-checked baggage i.e. stored in the overhead bins in the cabin. Do FR offer the same or is it backpack only for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I think recently it's been changed so you can being both, suitcase and a small bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to travel forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭irelandrover

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions/regulations-cabinbaggage/

You are allowed two bags within certain size limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. You can bring two bags on now. They don't differentiate between handbags, back packs, lap top bags etc etc in that they let you bring on one, but not the other. What matters is the size. If it meets the size requirement and/or fits into the measuring cage at the airport, you'll be fine. If it doesn't, you may told to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

Would a lap top bag and a childs small bag be allowed.
    Travelling to Rome in July and will need a fair bit of hand luggage fo rthe 5 of us. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

airbusa320 wrote: »
    Travelling to Rome in July and will need a fair bit of hand luggage fo rthe 5 of us. ?

Yes but you may be required to put them in the hold depending on cabin space.

Measure them & see if they meet the size limits.That is the only way to know for sure.

Ryanair don't care what the bags are, nor do they give any preferential treatment to one kind of a bag over another.

Asking if a certain kind of bag is ok is risky, as its all subjective. Your idea of what constitutes a small childs bag, or a medium sized back pack, may be very different to what I think they are. So the only way to get a definite answer, is to measure the bag, when it is packed as it will be when u are actually travelling & take it from there.

Measure them & see if they meet the size limits.That is the only way to know for sure.

Ryanair don't care what the bags are, nor do they give any preferential treatment to one kind of a bag over another.

Asking if a certain kind of bag is ok is risky, as its all subjective. Your idea of what constitutes a small childs bag, or a medium sized back pack, may be very different to what I think they are. So the only way to get a definite answer, is to measure the bag, when it is packed as it will be when u are actually travelling & take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bit of an odd request here but I looking to see if anyone has tried to bring a large TV on a flight before.

I'm looking to bring it home from Stansted to Dublin via Ryanair. Anyone do it before? I assume you'll just have to pay oversized/excess luggage charges?

Anyone have any experience with it. Any tips?

I could get it couriered over, I suppose but I'm going to be flying so I thought I might as well kill two birds....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Bit of an odd request here but I looking to see if anyone has tried to bring a large TV on a flight before.

I'm looking to bring it home from Stansted to Dublin via Ryanair. Anyone do it before? I assume you'll just have to pay oversized/excess luggage charges?

I could get it couriered over, I suppose but I'm going to be flying so I thought I might as well kill two birds....

You could chance it but you could bet your bottom dollar that if anything happened it Ryanair would find some way to not pay out on a claim.. Get a quote from a courier.. that way if anything happens it you've some kind of comeback!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Would you look into booking it a seat? People book seats for wedding dresses and musical instruments, or comfort seats for babies! Then you'll have it beside you on the plane. I kniw instruments have to be a certain height from the PSU, but one it fits the seat maybe you'd get away with it?

• Advertisement

Good luck getting the TV through security in the UK. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Would you not sell it on the UK equivalent of adverts.ie and then buy a new one here?

z

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it a flatscreen or CRT television?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is it a flatscreen or CRT television?

You are taking the p1ss, right? You'd be hard-pressed to even get a 32" CRT through the door of a 737, let alone find somewhere to stow it.

I think you would be hard pressed to bring a 32" anything on board a plane, let alone a TV. God only knows what the "security operatives" might think you were concealing inside it.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Man, bring an iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

zagmund wrote: »
    I think you would be hard pressed to bring a 32" anything on board a plane, let alone a TV. God only knows what the "security operatives" might think you were concealing inside it.

z

At which point they would X-ray it and see nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Checked baggage.
    Try get original packaging from local shop.
    Check out size and weight restrictions for airline/flight.

syklops wrote: »
    At which point they would X-ray it and see nothing.

I was thinking of carry on, but I see that the OP was talking (I think) of checked baggage. That would make more sense.

z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

zagmund wrote: »
    I was thinking of carry on, but I see that the OP was talking (I think) of checked baggage. That would make more sense.

z

It still gets x-rayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I was on a Heathrow to Dublin flight last year and Johnny Vegas was on it. He had a printer as hand luggage.

I know it sounds crazy, but I was complexly sober (for once) as I was running late for my flight.

Advertisement