Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumours of Sabbats for next year....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rebelette2011

I've heard that a 4th year Civil Engineer has thrown his name into the ring for SU President..he gets my vote anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Woodwork4Life

That 4th year business student is Declan Maguire, I know because I signed his form today!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Kelly e-mailed me about being on her campaign team, so it's definitely an elaborate troll if it is.

I believe Cathal Ronan to be in the running for Welfare.

I was also told, Baz would only run if unopposed.

Still making up my mind if Moursy is actually running, he could also be trolling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,682 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That 4th year business student is Declan Maguire, I know because I signed his form today!

William Jennings is going for Welfare too. 2 4th Year Business students, head to head...Interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cjthecrow

So who's running and who isn't there seems to be way too many names been thrown back and forth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueFlowers

I would like to say that I am NOT running for the position of ULSU President.

I have no idea who started the rumor on Boards.ie - but I found it highly entertaining at how fast it grew legs, considering I found out about it via facebook and a phone call from my father!!!
    If I were ever to run, it would be after I finish my degree & it wouldn't be for the position of President.

I would however, would like to wish those that are running, the very best of luck for the next week, and for those that will get elected - the best of luck for the year ahead.

Lets have a fun week everyone! :)

Tríona O' Sullivan,
    NOT a candidate for the ULSU elections

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Just a word of advice.

Any potential candidate would be foolish not to spend at least 20 minutes talking to the incumbent in the position which they seek.

Whatever some of the ill informed out there think of ULSU, they will not be able to give you a decent indication of the level of work and type of role you are getting yourself into.

I would like to wish all the candidates for all positions (there are 7, not just 3) the best of luck and I will be out campaigning next week, canvassing students to ask them to vote, nothing more, just to vote. In will also use it as an opportunity to gather some feedback to leave on the desk for whoever may succeed me. It may even shape my handover document.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

I think Adam Moursy and Dave Hartery would both make good presidents.

Thanks! I actually do hope Adam isn't running, that would make winning a lot harder!
    Tríona O' Sullivan,
    NOT a candidate for the ULSU elections

Do we know if that is actually Triona? I just saw her post a status about running earlier...

Lots of people in for President now it seems! the game is afoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

shabouwcaw wrote: »

Do we know if that is actually Triona? I just saw her post a status about running earlier...

Did you not see her subsequent status saying it was a frape? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

Did you not see her subsequent status saying it was a frape? wink.gif

saw that literally after I posted.

What do people make of nominations closing at 6pm on Thursday? Makes things pretty interesting, had been hoping to have a weekend to finalise stuff.

It also makes the C&S ball fair game for campaigning.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

shabouwcaw wrote: »
    Thanks! I actually do hope Adam isn't running, that would make winning a lot harder!

Lots of people in for President now it seems! the game is afoot!
    It seems shes not running for president but I saw a form for welfare with her name on it.
    Welfare is going to be a tight race with 5 candidates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

cjthecrow wrote: »
    Thank you very much I appreciate the support. My name isn't too well known around the SU. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but sure see how it goes. Going to think over everything tonight and see where I am tomorrow.

I'll give you a hand out as well lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

ninty9er wrote: »
    Just a word of advice.

Any potential candidate would be foolish not to spend at least 20 minutes talking to the incumbent in the position which they seek.

What if a potential candidate was Inanimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well if they're not a registered student of the University of Limerick then they're not a potential candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Last I checked, Inanimate Carbon Rod was a highly studious individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭leaoj

Andrew O Doherty spotted in the library collecting signatures. Not sure which position he is collecting for, I wasn't asked to sign his form :(

leaoj wrote: »
    Andrew O Doherty spotted in the library collecting signatures. Not sure which position he is collecting for, I wasn't asked to sign his form :(
    Hes going for welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

EgXXR.jpg

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Adam Moursey has handed in his form, officially in the race with David Hartery!

https://twitter.com/#!/ULSUelect/statuses/179911221816983552

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

EgXXR.jpg

Love it.
    Yeah - that was me - I couldn't resist.....

• Advertisement

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Hes going for welfare

has he much of a chance? big team/support behind him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 unionjack

Yo guys. Never used boards before but been told its a good way to get my naem out there. Im Jack and im going for Academic. Thats Aoife Kennys job in case ye dont know.

Im not a facebook guy but i made a profile just now cause its important for the campaign i think so if you get a friend request from me thats me. Ill keep my profile pubic and add my info tonight.

dont think I can campaign yet so wont be adding my ideas yet. If you have ideas of what you want let me no cause I want to be the first officer to give you what you want.

Looking forward to the campaign. Ill be around next week if anyone wants to ask me any qs or help me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BlueFlowers

unionjack wrote: »
    Yo guys. Never used boards before but been told its a good way to get my naem out there. Im Jack and im going for Academic. Thats Aoife Kennys job in case ye dont know.

Im not a facebook guy but i made a profile just now cause its important for the campaign i think so if you get a friend request from me thats me. Ill keep my profile pubic and add my info tonight.

dont think I can campaign yet so wont be adding my ideas yet. If ou have ideas of what you want let me no cause I want to be the first officer to give you what you want.

Looking forward to the campaign. Ill be around next week if anyone wants to ask me any qs or help me out.

Judging by the spelling and grammar already, can't wait to see these!!

dont think I can campaign yet so wont be adding my ideas yet. If you have ideas of what you want let me no cause I want to be the first officer to give you what you want.

you don't have a hope tbh mate, don't waste your money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭freyners

unfortunate misspelling there:p

best of luck in the race:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're knew sew weal cut you some slack.

Grammar and spelling Nazis not welcome in these parts, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sweetchild

Ye all have very little to be doing if yer complaining about spelling and grammar. Someone is after putting themselves out there to run for elections and you sit behind your laptop and pick out his spelling mistakes.

I wish them all the very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

sweetchild wrote: »
    Ye all have very little to be doing if yer complaining about spelling and grammar. Someone is after putting themselves out there to run for elections and you sit behind your laptop and pick out his spelling mistakes.

What are you talking about Aoife? This is a message forum which relies on communication via the medium of text, what do we have without correct grammar and spelling?

I'll quickly highlight the spelling and grammatical mistakes in your post, even allowing for the archaic usage of the plural ye. Actually, the whole post is incredibly badly written and I'll just stop.

Secondly, the unionjack fellow is a totally unconfirmed candidate for the upcoming elections. It's rather ironic you calling out another poster for not having the guts to run for election themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if the SU witches had some role to play in this 'unionjack' campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

spurious wrote: »
    You're knew sew weal cut you some slack.

Grammar and spelling Nazis not welcome in these parts, thanks.
    sweetchild wrote: »

Yes, but on the other hand, anyone who could possibly be representing the SU should at least have good English communication skills when it comes to being in public eyes. It's not hard in fairness.

• Advertisement

Is Paddy unopposed for Education? Lo0oks like theres 4/5 candidates for Welfare and at least 3 for President

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement