Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic things to do? or Youve done?

• 26-10-2011 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So what the most romantic thing youve done for a woman? Or know of any romantic things to do? From the small things to the big things

Im curious to know call it research, ive dug myelf a hole with my mouth and I now have to find my way out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

When I was with my previous girlfriend, it was lashing rain in town. We were at the spire meeting up. She was wearing slip on shoes and upon crossing the road she lost one of her shoes and couldn't go back for it due to oncoming traffic. A car ran over it and it went flying down the road.

I carried her to Penney's to buy her some new shoes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

From a girls perspective

Cook dinner (and do the dishes etc after)
    Buy her something you know she wants, a CD that's just come out, a book, something small that says you were thinking about her
    Change the bedclothes. Seriously! We all love a fresh bed and nothing better than going to bed being surprised by a nice fresh bed. Add a hot water bottle and clean jammies for bonus points.
    Book a meal out in her favourite place to eat
    Do something you aren't too fond of but she loves like hiring a chick flick on DVD or going to see a play

But if you're in trouble cos you've done or said something stupid - the best thing you can do is apologise! Anything else just looks crafty!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

VenusPlays wrote: »
    From a girls perspective

Cook dinner (and do the dishes etc after)
    Buy her something you know she wants, a CD that's just come out, a book, something small that says you were thinking about her
    Change the bedclothes. Seriously! We all love a fresh bed and nothing better than going to bed being surprised by a nice fresh bed. Add a hot water bottle and clean jammies for bonus points.
    Book a meal out in her favourite place to eat
    Do something you aren't too fond of but she loves like hiring a chick flick on DVD or going to see a play

But if you're in trouble cos you've done or said something stupid - the best thing you can do is apologise! Anything else just looks crafty!

In my experience its the simple thoughtful stuff that means more than big showy bouqets of flowers or fancy restaurants, not that those dont go down well either but its the little things that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

mix tape / CD is an auld reliable :pac:

Dated a girl in Dalkey who lived opposite some posh seafood restaurant, was always looking at the menu n checking out who went in n all that.... one day took her there for dinner so she could see it from the inside :)

cooking dinner, etc is what I'd do anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

MudSkipper wrote: »
    mix tape / CD is an auld reliable :pac:

Dated a girl in Dalkey who lived opposite some posh seafood restaurant, was always looking at the menu n checking out who went in n all that.... one day took her there for dinner so she could see it from the inside :)

cooking dinner, etc is what I'd do anyway :D

Showin yer age there mate.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Take her somewhere nice for the weekend :-)
    Or even just give her an amazing head massage (or feet, back, whichever her ladyship commands :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Showin yer age there mate.
    :pac:

If you can remember them, then so are you :D

Probably would be uploading mp3s to her mp3 player now....... just doesn't have same notion that any effort was put into it tho :p

/Being an auld one, I'd at least burn the CD from the mp3s ;) (and she'd rip them to her player! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ignored weather warnings, dismissed good judgement and common sense and set off on a late-night three hour motoring expedition on deserted roads through heavy snow in a freezing car of very dubious mechanical integrity...

Just to keep a promise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Went on Boards.ie to ask advice on how to romance her.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I flew to Italy on an impulse to be with my bf. It definitely took our relationship to another level.

My husband often sends me one line texts me saying lovely things about me. I really like that.

Plus, it's quick and doesn't cost so it's an easy one to pick up on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I flew to Italy on an impulse to be with my bf. It definitely took our relationship to another level.

My husband often sends me one line texts me saying lovely things about me. I really like that.

Plus, it's quick and doesn't cost so it's an easy one to pick up on.

I cant imagine your husband was too happy when you flew to Italy to see your bf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭flowerchild

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I cant imagine your husband was too happy when you flew to Italy to see your bf :D

Very funny... That was part of him transitioning from bf to husband. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

i've done a couple of successful things ,

booked an all expenses trip to NYC , handed her the tickets over dinner.
    went to dubai (stayed in the oasis Baech hotel), but while there i book us a night in the Burj Al Arab 7star hotel , (its unbelieveable luxury)

i'm the cook of the house , but on a random nights , I'd just cook up a an absolute feast 3 course meal all the trimmings plus her fav wine.

had flowers delivered to her at work for no particular reason , she looked that.

things like that , other things , just if your out doing the shopping , just get her fav bar of chocolate and a DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I asked her did she want something from the shop and she said a surprise. I got a kinder surprise for her in the shop and left it on her pillow. Bit silly and a tiny gesture but I got a lot of sex from doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 baggypants

on our first date ,when we where leaving the resturant it was lashing rain so i gave her my jacket for the walk back to the car

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I asked her did she want something from the shop and she said a surprise. I got a kinder surprise for her in the shop and left it on her pillow. Bit silly and a tiny gesture but I got a lot of sex from doing that.

Was the surprise a baby? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was the surprise a baby? :pac:
    Nah I dumped her a bit after. The universe needs balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

pragmatic1 wrote: »

Reminds me of a lovely romantic story of mine...

I was driving back from a party the next morning with herself, pretty hung over and she got a breakfast roll - but she wasn't feeling great and didn't want to eat it, so she wedged it in the door of my car.

When I was dropping her at her house, I asked her to take it inside and put it in the bin. She wouldn;'t, despite my extensive attempts to persuade her to do so, and I was forced to back down and head for home, breakfast roll and all, in order to avoid another row.

Two weeks later she eagerly unwrapped her birthday present from me, which I had romantically left for her to find.

Guess what it was.

She had said she wanted a surprise so I took her at her word.

We broke up not long after that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 i need this

sky king......

you lunatic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Dated a guy; who'd look after me after a night out...
    I'll go back to his; he'll cook for me, cuddle me and make me breakfast in bed :)
    I always woke up in his shirt though... Can't remember how that happened :pac:

• Advertisement

Just remembered another one.

My previous girlfriend was an avid reader and she left a book behind in my house that I had gotten her as part of her Christmas present.

Having nothing to read that night, I rang her and read to her until about 2am.

Kinda miss that even if she did fúck me over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭PeefsPixie

Never underestimate the small things... Good morning txts were always my favourite, nothing like someone telling you your beautiful when in reality you look like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards, haha. Surprise her with a trip to the cinema, dinner, something she mentioned she saw and liked/wanted... We're simple creatures at heart, haha

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

send a nice txt every morning and evening and sometimes during the day and hold her until she falls asleep at night.

1st valentines I covered the apartment in rose petals, cooked dinner and had petals and candles in the bedroom.

Usually do the holiday thing but not like Spain, we like to do stuff. Last one was to Dubrovnik, kayaking between the islands, biking etc.

Jewellery is a big plus and simple things like when I'm driving her car filling it up with petrol.

Most recent one was buying her a bichon-frise as I will probably be a way for a while with work, and planning a ski trip atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭VenusPlays

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just remembered another one.

My previous girlfriend was an avid reader and she left a book behind in my house that I had gotten her as part of her Christmas present.

Having nothing to read that night, I rang her and read to her until about 2am.

Kinda miss that even if she did fúck me over.
    I could fall in love with a guy who would read to me. That is proper old school romance.

VenusPlays wrote: »
    I could fall in love with a guy who would read to me. That is proper old school romance.

The aul literacy came in handy alright. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

ulinbac wrote: »
    planning a ski trip atm.
    actually i was thinking the same...any good deals???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

My OH would not consider me to be the romantic type in terms of flowers, chocolates or valentines day cards etc but there was one occasion which sticks in the mind probably because it was such a rare occurrence.

Southern Spain a few years back – off the beaten track – a small mountain village, with a few restaurants spilling out onto the small square, orange trees etc – having a very enjoyable dinner with the OH and our 2 daughters on her birthday. A couple of guys with those huge Mexican guitars came along and they played Happy Birthday for the wife while all the other diners and waiters etc (average age well over 60 I would say) watched and stared – all eyes were on us but not in a bad way, I had the impression they thought it was a sort of a fairytale moment or something.

At the end of the song I felt a grand gesture coming on so I just kissed the wife passionately and at lenght in front of everyone – stunning her and the kids who wouldn’t be used to such unexpected public displays of affection from me.

And then all the onlookers burst into applause and came over to our table to shake hands!

Anyway it’s a nice memory for the whole family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

facebook_like_button1.png
    Otis Driftwood likes this thread.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

My gf hated getting flowers cos she didn't like to see them die so I learned how to make a origami rose to give to her for valentines day. Took me ages to figure it out but she definitely made it worth my effort :D

It's pretty cool to see the look on someones face when they realise that you're willing to do for them what no one else could/would...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

baddebt wrote: »
    i've done a couple of successful things ,

booked an all expenses trip to NYC , handed her the tickets over dinner.
    went to dubai (stayed in the oasis Baech hotel), but while there i book us a night in the Burj Al Arab 7star hotel , (its unbelieveable luxury)

i'm the cook of the house , but on a random nights , I'd just cook up a an absolute feast 3 course meal all the trimmings plus her fav wine.

had flowers delivered to her at work for no particular reason , she looked that.

things like that , other things , just if your out doing the shopping , just get her fav bar of chocolate and a DVD.

Your username makes so much sense :D

Advertisement