Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Garda Uniform

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

city4life wrote: »
    they can keep their new uniform and liet us keep our money instead

Actually does anyone think we needed a new uniform in the first place? Personally I think what i have is fine? waste of money me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭westcoastboy

Would be far better if they gave out, snickers style combat trousers and a com-pol jacket.. whats the idea behind the big gloves.. they are issueing out.. i know they are stab proof. but how can you search anyone with one of those pair on..

Actually does anyone think we needed a new uniform in the first place? Personally I think what i have is fine? waste of money me thinks

No, i think the current uniform is fine. The only good thing is the new Hi-Viz. I have one from Freeflow and it's handy as you don't need to have the patrol jacket on to bulk it out. And it does keep you dry! Actually, the only problem with it is the pockets being at the bottom. Put your belt on and you can't get anything in or out of them. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Agreed. Perhaps they should just have listened to us in the first place and then we would have the uniforms we need already without spening another 12 million.

I wonder do people realise that we are as annoyed by how much money is wasted as they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MissLeed

Does anyone have a photo of what the actual uniform will look like for the patrol garda? I want to see how bad it will look...:( I love the uniform they have why must they waste money to change it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

I hear the current students (LA intake) will be the first people to wear the new uniform! They got measured all ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

best description i could give would be this....

patrol jacket is similar to bomber jacket except longer with no elasticated end (like the one we had before the bomber jacket) The flourescent jacket is similar looking to the current high vis except of the same material as the motorbike jacket. shirts, ties, hats, trousers the same...sizes are a bit different. tunic is more r less a great coat. i have an old one of them, never even came out of the plastic

we do not need this unform. an issue of combat style trousers and mountain bike jackets would be the berries. obviously retain the formal trousers for court

and further more....why the **** are the lads in telecommunications getting them?

Hi viz anything like this?

_42773931_psni_serious_b_203.jpg

_42423976_psni_serious_a_203.jpg

donvito99 wrote: »
    Hi viz anything like this?

It's the one on the left in this picture.
    Jay112 wrote: »
    Lads is this the new style Hi-Viz?

3179879796_662e50cc76_b.jpg

foreign wrote: »
    It's the one on the left in this picture.

Better then the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

Wait until u have to wear the Hi-Viz in the summer heat..

It'll be like wearing a plastic bag. You will sweat yourself silly.

When we got the new uniform (current type) everyone thought it was Brill, compared to the old patrol jacket with prevented you from accessing your baton pocket.. And then .. after a while the complaints start coming in about the uniform, the jacket was too short, rain ran down your next, garda signs wore off, and general poor quality issues.

With-in months of us getting the new issue, we will be complaining about it. (we'll be complaining about tetra as well :p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

is there not a second hi viz like the one that goes into the pouch? for summer wear etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

Lads, haven't got reading through the whole thread but having been measured for the new uniform some weeks ago, several female members have enquired as to why their shirts have slits at the bottom? Other than giving them an answer which would be seen as not being PC :p can anybody shed some light on it? Also they have mentioned they aren't as roomy round the chest area as previous issue, so can we expect some flying buttons!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

dont know that bryan....i'll be sticking with my mountain bike jacket anyway

he's describing the current standard issue one, i'll be hanging onto my one that's for sure. definately not going to be wearing the new one on a hot summer day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

daithip wrote: »
    Lads, haven't got reading through the whole thread but having been measured for the new uniform some weeks ago, several female members have enquired as to why their shirts have slits at the bottom? Other than giving them an answer which would be seen as not being PC :p can anybody shed some light on it? Also they have mentioned they aren't as roomy round the chest area as previous issue, so can we expect some flying buttons!!:D

the new female shirts are fitted as far as i know, the old ones were basically the same fit as the male shirt only it closed from the opposite side and had different pockets.

From what my female colleagues, who were measured the same day as me in the same room, their shirts have these slits on the bottom, as well as not having the little pen carrrying pocket? Am I not right in this?

did anyone notice the sizes are a bit bigger...or have i put on a few pounds!

Sizes are bigger!! Bad time to measure, right after Xmas and New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

ya i generally dont put on weight though....and i dont actually weigh more then i did...

well then your not a real garda ...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

ScubaDave wrote: »
    I hear the current students (LA intake) will be the first people to wear the new uniform! They got measured all ready!

not been measured yet

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Aye, got talking to some1 down there again! I was misinformed! Apologies!

garda-bikes.jpg

The Garda bike uniform again. Notice navy under sleeves also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

that jbs company are based beside me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

which really means october :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Got fitted for it the other day and think it's a brutal uniform!!! Less practical and looks worse than the one we already have!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Ye never had it so good. What I would have given for the wonderful kit you have today...
    I remember getting a pair of pull ups and a cape. To this day I dont know what we were supposed to do with them. Still have them though. I may sell them to a museum someday.
    "garda foul weather wear c1994"

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Ye never had it so good. What I would have given for the wonderful kit you have today...
    I remember getting a pair of pull ups and a cape. To this day I dont know what we were supposed to do with them. Still have them though. I may sell them to a museum someday.
    "garda foul weather wear c1994"

who let uncle Albert near the computer ?:D
    " i remember back in the day " story's should be banned from here !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

that jbs company are based beside me :)
    That's nice, dear.

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    who let uncle Albert near the computer ?:D
    " i remember back in the day " story's should be banned from here !
    Typical youth of today. No respect for their elders.

We had to buy our own shoes too!:rolleyes:
    And the women had women's numbers..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Tell them about Part 2 Goldie!

I think you may need to drop the g from your name.:p

• Advertisement

deadwood wrote: »
    Tell them about Part 2 Goldie!

Part 2? I don't think I'm that old.

Advertisement