Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rerserves Timeframe

• 05-04-2015 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi, my ultimate goal is to become a full member of AGS, but until the next recruitment drive i wish to become a member of the reserves. I just wanted to know if i sent of an application when is the earliest/latest time it'll take to hear back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi, my ultimate goal is to become a full member of AGS, but until the next recruitment drive i wish to become a member of the reserves. I just wanted to know if i sent of an application when is the earliest/latest time it'll take to hear back?

You don't!! I had to sing them to find out if they got it and then you have to keep chasing them! I'm waitin nearly two years for an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

JonathanP wrote: »
    You don't!! I had to sing them to find out if they got it and then you have to keep chasing them! I'm waitin nearly two years for an interview

Is there any interviews going on at the moment . I thought I was waiting a long time at 5 months for the interview. Two years now just waiting on the medical. Hope it might be soon any body hear of any movement with it .

thesamster wrote: »
    Is there any interviews going on at the moment . I thought I was waiting a long time at 5 months for the interview. Two years now just waiting on the medical. Hope it might be soon any body hear of any movement with it .

Not a nudge! There's not one thing at any level moving

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Not a nudge! There's not one thing at any level moving

Can't believe you have been waiting 2 years for a interview. I was just lucky to get mine done before they stopped. I just finished with my BR checks last month. From the start to now I've been waiting over 2 years your better off not even thinking about it and see what happens .

thesamster wrote: »
    Can't believe you have been waiting 2 years for a interview. I was just lucky to get mine done before they stopped. I just finished with my BR checks last month. From the start to now I've been waiting over 2 years your better off not even thinking about it and see what happens .

Yea I have college and everything to keep my mind off it being realistic though I would like to see myself as a reserve or full time by this time next year

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

And still the penny hasn't dropped

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    And still the penny hasn't dropped

Hey now no need for smart comments. it's just the way things are that one must keep after something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Just over 2 years in the process still no medical , BR form is done tho .

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

Hey now no need for smart comments. it's just the way things are that one must keep after something

one thing about cruz the comments are always negetive . the poster does not like the reserve

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I sent of my application 10 months ago. Who do I contact to see what the story is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

danube wrote: »
    I sent of my application 10 months ago. Who do I contact to see what the story is?

If it's only for interviews you have to contact publicjobs I think and if you've passed interviews it's then the garda reserve office.

From what I here there is no movement with the Reserve recruitment from interview stage to training.You may be waiting another while longer.

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    From what I here there is no movement with the Reserve recruitment from interview stage to training.You may be waiting another while longer.

I was on to them last Wednesday and it was the quickest call ive ever had, has a date been set for training ? No. Okay thanks. Could be a good lengthy wait

Cedric87 wrote:
    I was on to them last Wednesday and it was the quickest call ive ever had, has a date been set for training ? No. Okay thanks. Could be a good lengthy wait

I'd say start of next year ,because the college will have a lot less in it . I actually couldnt care less at this stage , bored of this process.

I'd say start of next year ,because the college will have a lot less in it . I actually couldnt care less at this stage , bored of this process.

Do you know mate im the exact same, as much as I want to train I know it will happen one day. I'll just sit and wait for them to contact me.

Speaking of it all, just got my dates for training. Let the excitement begin

Cedric87 wrote:
    Speaking of it all, just got my dates for training. Let the excitement begin

They have to be confirmed ,but looking good.

Got this email from the PAS:

"The Garda Reserve recruitment has been on hold since December 2013 due to the full time Garda Trainee recruitment. We have no idea as to when we will be recommencing Garda Reserve recruitment. However we do have a huge back log of applications on file. So it could be quite a while before we get back to you in relation to calling you for interview".

Got this email from the PAS:

"The Garda Reserve recruitment has been on hold since December 2013 due to the full time Garda Trainee recruitment. We have no idea as to when we will be recommencing Garda Reserve recruitment. However we do have a huge back log of applications on file. So it could be quite a while before we get back to you in relation to calling you for interview".

Makes me feel lucky that I got the September interview of that year, it's such a long process mate I applied Febuary 2013 and im only getting training in September this year. I wouldn't worry about it mate it's out of your hands and not worth losing sleep over it.

danube wrote:

I am going to be quite honest with you , scrap the idea of joining, because the backlog they have is 2 years worth , and there was a small backlog when I applied and again like cedric87 I'm only getting training in a few months time. Il be nearly 3 years waiting when I start. I'd say hold out for the next full time recruitment because u will get a full time post a lot quicker then a Reserve post if you pass the tests, they won't open recruitment again for the GR till they finish that backlog which I say could be 2018/19, and then u would only be a applying then and the wait from interview to training is anywhere from 1 year to 4 years . its my advice anyway.

• Advertisement

They really need to change the recruitment process. It should be like the RDF where they have a recruitment campaign and a structured process which is completed in about 4 months. It might cost more but it would be worth it. How can they expect people to be around 2 years after they made the application!

They really need to change the recruitment process. It should be like the RDF where they have a recruitment campaign and a structured process which is completed in about 4 months. It might cost more but it would be worth it. How can they expect people to be around 2 years after they made the application!

The process is long but to be fair to them they are at full capacity in terms of reserve numbers.

The process is long but to be fair to them they are at full capacity in terms of reserve numbers.

danube wrote:

It would be great if it was like that, but there isn't as many vacancies in the GR as there in in RDF, the RDF take on large numbers at one time the GR takes on Low number over a long time instead of waiting and doing one big drive. ,not as many people leave the GR as army Reserve also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Cedric87 wrote: »

No there not, just one look at the HR bulletin theres resignations galore.. I reckon there is easily 250/300 gone since the start of the year.

rocky911 wrote: »
    No there not, just one look at the HR bulletin theres resignations galore.. I reckon there is easily 250/300 gone since the start of the year.[/quotes]

I wouldn't believe the numbers are that high, another reason for the lack of interviews and back log is Down to the training of full time members.

rocky911 wrote:
    No there not, just one look at the HR bulletin theres resignations galore.. I reckon there is easily 250/300 gone since the start of the year.

That's fairly high, I'd say probably a lot are people that didn't get full time maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

That's fairly high, I'd say probably a lot are people that didn't get full time maybe ?

Correct, theres a few who have got FT but there is a lot have moved on due to career etc but majority would be to people sick of it tbh

rocky911 wrote:
    Correct, theres a few who have got FT but there is a lot have moved on due to career etc but majority would be to people sick of it tbh

Ya , well with the new powers now might change things up .

• Advertisement

Ya , well with the new powers now might change things up .

I would have thought that our training would be longer considering the new powers.

Advertisement