Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Regulations commencing 2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

Ok, ive another year left on my restriction (full licence obviously), now since im 20 when the year passes, will I keep my unrestricted licence or will they restrict me since i'm under 24? Bloody hope they dont otherwise it will be plain ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Ok, ive another year left on my restriction (full licence obviously), now since im 20 when the year passes, will I keep my unrestricted licence or will they restrict me since i'm under 24? Bloody hope they dont otherwise it will be plain ridiculous

You're fine Phoenix. This only affects new LP holders from next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Changes in driver licensing rules only apply to new drivers. At least that's what happened the last time it changed in 1999. Anyone who already had an unrestricted A provisional was allowed keep it and got an unrestricted full A licence when they passed their test.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

ninja900 wrote: »
    Changes in driver licensing rules only apply to new drivers. At least that's what happened the last time it changed in 1999. Anyone who already had an unrestricted A provisional was allowed keep it and got an unrestricted full A licence when they passed their test.

Yeah I was p!ssed I was a few months too young to go full fat:(

Del2005 wrote: »
    Yeah I was p!ssed I was a few months too young to go full fat:(

What?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Faith+1 wrote: »
    What?? :confused:

Non restricted licence.:D

Del2005 wrote: »
    Non restricted licence.:D

Alright Del! My bad! Thought the pressure was getting to you, but what pressure!?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

If I did the theory test and got my provisional license would I avoid all these new rules coming in. I probably wont get a bike this year but I might next year.

NinjaK wrote: »
    If I did the theory test and got my provisional license would I avoid all these new rules coming in. I probably wont get a bike this year but I might next year.

If you get a LP now for the Motorbike you'll have to undertake the IBT course but the rules being introduced next year will not apply. If I'm wrong guys please correct me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Faith+1 wrote: »

If you get a LP now for the Motorbike you'll have to undertake the IBT course but the rules being introduced next year will not apply. If I'm wrong guys please correct me.
    Are you sure I can't get the license without doing the IBT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Are you sure I can't get the license without doing the IBT?

IBT is a legal requirment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,823 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Problem is then that you'll only have a year or less left on your learner permit when you actually get a bike. Not a problem if you're prepared to put the effort in with training and practice and pass your test with only a few months experience, it can be done.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Roadskill wrote: »
    Why do people always say that. Should we allow anyone to ride size bike they want at any age. A licence has to be earned and is not a god given right to have one. The rest of the world have had many rules and regs regarding licences for years it's just that Ireland is way behind and trying to catch up quickly.
    BTW everyone interested should read the document closely before commenting as some of it makes a lot of sense.
    Don't forget that at the moment you can get an A licence at 18 but it's restricted to 25kw. With the A2 it is 35 kw which give you more power. From looking at it though you won't be able to take your full test on a 250 anymore.

I hate you
    I has that you make money from anti biker legislation
    But most of all I hate that you think you are biker

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Tigger wrote: »
    Why do people always say that. Should we allow anyone to ride size bike they want at any age. A licence has to be earned and is not a god given right to have one. The rest of the world have had many rules and regs regarding licences for years it's just that Ireland is way behind and trying to catch up quickly.
    BTW everyone interested should read the document closely before commenting as some of it makes a lot of sense.
    Don't forget that at the moment you can get an A licence at 18 but it's restricted to 25kw. With the A2 it is 35 kw which give you more power. From looking at it though you won't be able to take your full test on a 250 anymore.

I hate you
    So you hate me but have no clue about me. nice. Anyway I would like to know what a real biker is. Please enlighten me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

So you hate me but have no clue about me. nice. Anyway I would like to know what a real biker is. Please enlighten me.

I agree it's based on a perception I've drawn from your posts here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I hate you
    I agree it's based on a perception I've drawn from your posts here

th_popcorn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Thread locked for now. I will deal with this later when I have time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement