Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rescue Mediums Programme Sky Reality TV

Options
  • 23-07-2014 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Maybe I should be posting this in the TV forum? ;)

I've posted about the programme before, but again just wondering was anyone watching this repeated 2010 series and what you think of it.

It is a TV programme, but can they all "be in on it" if it is set up?

Currently showing on Sky Reality plus 1 at 4pm (2x 30 minute shows).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I do not know why - could be because 'Kettleson' is under the title - but everytime I glance at this forum I think this thread says 'Rescue Kittens Programme ...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Apologies about that! ha ha!

We have briefly discussed this before, and I admit to be somewhat taken in by the programme.

It's either a very well, rehearsed, researched and acted piece of tomfoolery, or there is some credibility in it.

My head says its a set-up, but I'm somewhat taken in by the reaction of home owners, who are either part of the set up, or are being taken advantage of by the TV company.

If it is the latter, then I can't see how the programme makers can be getting away with it. If its the former, its some fine amature acting.

I don't expect anyone to waste their own time on this, but if you get a chance, check out the programme on CBS Reality.

It's on at 10am (2 x 30 minute episodes) and again at 4pm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87290690

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I would assume setup - mainly because thats how TV shows work. Like that Dynamo magician fella - all staged that show is. theres a great youtube clip showing how when he does the mobile-phone-into-a-bottle-trick, he actually throws the phone behind him. yet the 'public' who are standing around him act like he really did put a phone into a bottle, rather than throw it behind him, stop filming, set up the fake phone/bottle and then continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The "home owners" appear extensively both at the start of the show and at the "reveal". There's a lot of seemingly anxious tales of disturbing paranormal activity at the start of the programme, very often the home owners look genuinely distressed and there's often tears of relief at the end.

To me, that's great acting by what seems to be genuine non-actors/home owners.

If they were not involved in the "set up", then they were possibly exploited by the show producers, who advertised for real home to be investigated, did a bit of historical research about the house and the area and provide suggestions for the people who may have been the trapped spirits.

If that is the case, then its a terrible abuse of peoples fear. But there doesn't seem to be any de-bunking of the show that I can find.

Then again, the "home owners" may indeed be actors. But they appear genuine to me.

If you get to watch the show it might explain a bit better where I'm coming from.

Advertisement