Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Judge Dredd The Mega Collection

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The "complete case files" are a chronological collection of the Judge Dredd stories from the 2000AD comic. I have the first 3 of them...so far they're all black & white but i flicked through later ones which are coloured. Each volume is essentially one year worth of the comic with multiple stories in them.

The stories from the "Mega Collection" Will be in the case files, but there's no telling in which volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Lemming wrote: »
    Is Issue three out yet?

On the shelves from Yesterday. Quite a good read, It includes the full run in to The Apocalypse War, Block mania.

I remember buying the trades years ago, You could only get it in two parts and I think it was £11 at he time. So great value getting the whole story for €15 or so.

One thing I like about this collection is, Even though the original story was in black and white, This collection gives full color reproductions of the original covers.
    Sadly the final cover is by the great Brett Ewins who passed away on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is Issue three out yet?

Was out yesterday. Wednesday every fortnight it seems.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been trying to get into this sort of reading lately and a friend said I'd probably enjoy Dredd since I enjoyed the film immensely.

He's been sending me links to "Case Files" on Amazon and have one on the way. Are these the same thing, or different stories?

They are essentially the Same thing, But the case files published in order as they ware in 2000AD and the Megazine. This means that "Some" of the story's are not very good, just fillers used between the big story arcs. A lot of great one off's as well.
    This Collection brings together Full story's , For example, Issue 1 of The Mega Collection tells the story of America, This was told over about 20 years so You have to get quit a few Case files to get it all. This collection handly groups them all together in one Volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

It is. Should be in your stores as of yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Picked it up today from WH Smiths. And I see issue #4 shall be "Origins".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

And issue 5 is Judge Anderson: Shamballa and issue 6 is Mandroid, both quality stories.

Picked up issue 4 (Origins) this afternoon. Not had a chance to read yet since I'm in work, but jsut wanted to let anyone interested know that it has landed on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Anyone see issue 6 about today? Havn't seen it on the shelves anywhere?

ripperman wrote: »
    Anyone see issue 6 about today? Havn't seen it on the shelves anywhere?

It seems to hit the shelves after lunchtime in Dublin. Try one of the bigger news stalls, The one outside Easons on O'Connell street seems to be the best spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Bistoman wrote: »
    It seems to hit the shelves after lunchtime in Dublin. Try one of the bigger news stalls, The one outside Easons on O'Connell street seems to be the best spot.

Cool. I'll take another look tomorrow. Cheers.

Hmmm, confused; was issue 5 (Shambala) released? Because I went down to WH Smiths (equivalent of Easons in Ireland) to pick up my order and got issue #6 (Mandroid).

Hmmm, confused; was issue 5 (Shambala) released? Because I went down to WH Smiths (equivalent of Easons in Ireland) to pick up my order and got issue #6 (Mandroid).

It was released, It has been on the shelves over here for the last few weeks.
    I would suggest checking out Forbidden Planet or a similar establishment for it now. Newsagents aren't great at holding back issues.

Useless mongs; I've got a standing order with deposit paid for! Time to go read them the riot act tomorrow ...

The Big Bang had 3 copies on their shelf on Thursday! May be worth a shout if you want to get the book.

MarkHall wrote: »
    The Big Bang had 3 copies on their shelf on Thursday! May be worth a shout if you want to get the book.

Thanks for that; will give them a buzz and see about having it posted over to the UK. Went back down to WH Smiths today and whislt I can empathise that the guys in the shop have been stuck between a rock & a hard place due to other factors at play, that hardly helps resolve the situation.

They do a great Mail order service. So shouldn't be an problem.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBigBangIE?fref=ts

Got a copy picked up from them yesterday! The joys of having family within walking distance :D

For anyone who hasn't picked it up yet, issue 7 is available; "The heavy mob".

Seeing as the last issue had no "Card" with it. The next issue is "The Cursed Earth" It should be on the shelves tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I have to say i'm getting a little disappointed with the collection now, It seems the more it goes on the less "Dredd" stories We get.
    The latest is out today, "SHIMURA" a Hondo city Collection. Now Dredd does show up in a couple of stories, Far from MC1. Last edition "Swimming in blood" was the same, Very little Dredd.
    I can see Myself throwing My hat at this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Bistoman wrote: »
    I have to say i'm getting a little disappointed with the collection now, It seems the more it goes on the less "Dredd" stories We get.
    The latest is out today, "SHIMURA" a Hondo city Collection. Now Dredd does show up in a couple of stories, Far from MC1. Last edition "Swimming in blood" was the same, Very little Dredd.
    I can see Myself throwing My hat at this :(

10 volumes have been released, 7 have been Dredd-centric, 1 was Judge Anderson and then DW and Shimura. It was stated from the outset that the series would include stories from Dredd's world and not just from the main Judge Dredd series.

As it happens DW had some strong stories by John Smith and Shimura had a couple of good stories drawn by Colin Macneil and the Simon Fraser stuff is pretty decent.

The next volume is start of the Day of Chaos saga.

10 volumes have been released, 7 have been Dredd-centric, 1 was Judge Anderson and then DW and Shimura. It was stated from the outset that the series would include stories from Dredd's world and not just from the main Judge Dredd series.

As it happens DW had some strong stories by John Smith and Shimura had a couple of good stories drawn by Colin Macneil and the Simon Fraser stuff is pretty decent.

The next volume is start of the Day of Chaos saga.

You can hardly call "The Heavy Mob" Dredd-Centric? Thats 4 out of 10.
    I love the Dredd world stuff, But with 35 years of Dredd, I think they are concentrating too much on the "Other" Stories. Its not the fact that they are doing it, What bothers Me is that they do Two in a row, I dont mind missing dredd one issue, But it is a bit slack to do 2 in a row.Day of Chaos:The Fourth Faction is the 11th issue.

Advertisement